Jaybig

Sep 9, 2017
Is there any update on the image pack uploads?
Can't even find the latest version in this thread.

Also I'm feeling that I only scratched the surface. How do I find out which scenes I need to aim for to see the "image' in image pack?

pencilfight

Nov 9, 2018
I'm not sure, but there's some devs out there who work MUCH faster than Fenoxo while juggling text and art at the same time (Sierra Lee, Selebus, etc). So I think the Fenoxo team's just being lazy:rolleyes:

Also, I think it's laziness or bad planning if they're still trying to port a game despite having a 5-year heads up...
when you make as much as they do on the most simplistic of game formats, why try harder?

A singular, static NPC in a bar with 3 interaction choices that amount to "fuck", "be fucked," and "talk" is considered a major update these days

They could put the game on hold for 2 years to get the java version out the door and easily 3/4 of his subs would still hand him $120 without blinking

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
I get my hands on an old version, really old, version 0.7.something where insectoid planet was only barely implemented.
Writings there are differs, a lot, from writing in current version.
Any reasons why?

AnOldMan

May 30, 2017
I decompiled the latest release (0.8.159) using .
It will takes its toll on the CPU / RAM (took 5 min / 5.5 gig of RAM) just to retrieve the action scripts. I didn't bother with the classes files.

I can upload on MEGA, lemme know if you're interested.
Hey there, a person who has the ability to decompile. I run into a problem of java not having enough heap space to decompile (sadly have no idea, what it is and how to get more of it), so I'd love some help. If you can upload the decompiled project, that would be wonderful. Also, would you know, how to recompile it? I want to change 1 formula that is bugging me a lot (the amount of money cockmilker gives out doesn't make sense).

WazaQQXOXO

Jul 10, 2021
Serious question if anyone knows, if you have moderate to decent knowledge in coding.... how hard is it to make a text based game akin to TiTS?
Speaking from experience, the blank page when it comes to writing a decent plot can be quite the kick in the head.

Hey there, a person who has the ability to decompile. I run into a problem of java not having enough heap space to decompile (sadly have no idea, what it is and how to get more of it), so I'd love some help. If you can upload the decompiled project, that would be wonderful. Also, would you know, how to recompile it? I want to change 1 formula that is bugging me a lot (the amount of money cockmilker gives out doesn't make sense).
Here's the archive that contains the decompiled project: I used the Export All Parts function.

I am no programmer at heart, but if you only want to change a formula, my best guess would be modify the code source using the software I mentioned.

Wasn't B responsible for frostwyrm stuff?
Yup.

Reactions: Poopinmybutt

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
Speaking from experience, the blank page when it comes to writing a decent plot can be quite the kick in the head.

Here's the archive that contains the decompiled project: I used the Export All Parts function.
Decompiled 0.8.159 - 7z archive.

I am no programmer at heart, but if you only want to change a formula, my best guess would be modify the code source using the software I mentioned.

Yup.
Would you say then that lore/story building has been the main flaw in a lot of H-works, even text based ones? If hypothetically you have several reasons that wouldn't be an issue, is it a matter of figuring out which platform to build the game on that is more the difficulty? I wouldn't be trying to make a big deal out of it tbh.

Like I'm wondering if Pen'py probably a cleaner platform for a mostly text based work with the ability to be more detailed later on? I know a good bit of java, C#, lua, a smattering of Python. Something fairly simple without being as bare bones as the HTML page file thing.

atomicp

Feb 25, 2018
Serious question if anyone knows, if you have moderate to decent knowledge in coding.... how hard is it to make a text based game akin to TiTS?
Coding, as far as we known, was (initially) never one of the stronger points of most text-based games *cough* Inno *cough*.

The hardest thing to do IS the text part.

Reactions: Poopinmybutt

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
Coding, as far as we known, was (initially) never one of the stronger points of most text-based games *cough* Inno *cough*.

The hardest thing to do IS the text part.
So its just a matter of learning how to code any sort of combat/stat mechanics I want to use within whatever platform I'd use and do a "reverse-tl;dr" and ensure the extensive lore isn't boring/cringe. Sounds good. I think Renpy SEEMS the balance of flexibility ( especially if I want to pretty it up later) even though I know java/C# a good bit better and... not so much with Python, theres a lot of material to handhold until you git gud.

Kallisto

Jun 6, 2019
Is there any update on the image pack uploads?
Can't even find the latest version in this thread.

Also I'm feeling that I only scratched the surface. How do I find out which scenes I need to aim for to see the "image' in image pack?
The last image pack version was here .

Since then, they have stopped work on the flash version and are now fully focusing on the javascript port. This test release version is only available for backers right now and only online through a link. So far people here have found a way to access older versions but they're buggy as hell (which makes sense because the latest TITS updates have all been bug fixes for the port).

The image pack is mainly to allow you to see the bigger/complete versions of the busts. The images thrown in during some sex scenes are a bonus and are not for every scene. I'm not sure if there's a list compiled somewhere of which scenes have art, I doubt it though.

Exotic_Otterq

Dec 22, 2018
I've tried like five times to get this sort of game working in a couple different engines and honestly, the coding is not the hard part. There are a lot of options for engine that basically provide the code for you so you don't really have to do anything. Inputting all the various options for appearance is a pain, but it's mostly just boring. The hard part comes in simply producing the content. Any time a previous choice or a variable of appearance or equipment logically changes how a scene plays out or alters the story because it changed how a scene played out, it increases the number of different versions or alterations to existing versions you have to write in. It doesn't help that every piece of content you add to this sort of game makes making future content more complicated, in part because you're using up ideas so anything similar added in the future can't be too similar to past content and also partly because you need to account for changes in the story with every step. It just eventually gets a bit much. I typically burn out before having a sufficient level of content to publish with, but if you had a team of three or so writers working together, you could probably make enough content to publish something people would back and stay backing for quite a while.

Reactions: Fizel

WazaQQXOXO

Jul 10, 2021
Would you say then that lore/story building has been the main flaw in a lot of H-works, even text based ones? If hypothetically you have several reasons that wouldn't be an issue, is it a matter of figuring out which platform to build the game on that is more the difficulty? I wouldn't be trying to make a big deal out of it tbh.

Like I'm wondering if Pen'py probably a cleaner platform for a mostly text based work with the ability to be more detailed later on? I know a good bit of java, C#, lua, a smattering of Python. Something fairly simple without being as bare bones as the HTML page file thing.
Thing is, coding won't be an issue if you cannot come up with a decent plot and / or amount of smut to begin with. I am not asking for a Nietzsche level-of-writing, just coherent writing.

I am quite the inexperienced programmer, yet learning how to properly code was less difficult than writing down a coherent story. I realized early that the time I spent working on a detailed roadmap for a game project is a dauting task in itself but a necessary one: knowing what you must implement from a programming POV will definitely save your sanity when it comes to choosing the appropriate engine. That way you're more likely to pick up an engine who will satisfy your needs.

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
Thing is, coding won't be an issue if you cannot come up with a decent plot and / or amount of smut to begin with. I am not asking for a Nietzsche level-of-writing, just coherent writing.

I am quite the inexperienced programmer, yet learning how to properly code was less difficult than writing down a coherent story. I realized early that the time I spent working on a detailed roadmap for a game project is a dauting task in itself but a necessary one: knowing what you must implement from a programming POV will definitely save your sanity when it comes to choosing the appropriate engine. That way you're more likely to pick up an engine who will satisfy your needs.
I can say I'm fairly certain something like Pen'py meets what I'm looking for, especially if I would ever want to redo things later/make it prettier. MGD really influenced what I'd think of for a "clean" UI, and if I'm not focusing on any sort of artwork and almost entirely on the text and UI I can't see the others really giving me anything extra.

I think I should go in the other sub-forums and just whip up a poll for to get a grasp of what people tend to enjoy? I don't want to derail this thread obviously.

Getting back to the status of TiTS, I really don't care for the game being on a web portal. I doubt save editing is possible to fix issues that spring up either via their own bugs or just users doing what they want in the game modifying the save data.

kekgod01

May 22, 2021
Can the MC while being a get other character's pregnant, from the ?

The page suggest not but some scenes like from the Raskvel Female suggest yes.

kekgod01

May 22, 2021
Can the MC while being a get other character's pregnant, from the ?

The page suggest not but some scenes like from the Raskvel Female suggest yes.
Nevermind, it seems like the MC can; Aina sent an email about her being pregnant. I think the Galotian codex/page should be updated to highlight this point.

Sep 10, 2021
I'd be curoius if anybody with access to the appropriate Patreon tiers could see if the latest Flash version is still 0.8.159, and if it isn't, update us with a new file.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes