alrius

Aug 16, 2017
The cheat menu requires you to have a save game to access in the JS version after you load click on the dot of the i in TiTS several times until it says cheat menu unlocked, edit: the cheat menu is then located in the options menu

Reactions: sparrow_rose

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
Shame the game isn't more easily moddable. Would be great to see if people went off and developed the flash version themselves as a community project. Have a branching off of two development tracks (kindof like how OSRS diverges from RS3 in the 2006 update).

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Finally tried JS port. Who thought that placing all important info to the ONE side of a screen is a good idea?

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Dafuck iz zis?
new.png
Why is every JS source file as a literal wall of text? Its deliberate choice to prevent modding/source checking/whatever?
Second of, Im not a JS expert, but why is there are sooooooo much nested functions that concatenate string to concatenated string from made from concatenated strings?
And third, they compile (copy to files rather) source code by some tool, right?! Right!? Say that Im right.

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
Dafuck iz zis?
View attachment 1637939
Why is every JS source file as a literal wall of text? Its deliberate choice to prevent modding/source checking/whatever?
Second of, Im not a JS expert, but why is there are sooooooo much nested functions that concatenate string to concatenated string from made from concatenated strings?
And third, they compile (copy to files rather) source code by some tool, right?! Right!? Say that Im right.
tl;dr bigger file sizes by not splitting them up where able makes it sometimes a lot harder to figure out where the bugs are, lol. "I know its in this file somewhere!" *Finds unclosed bracket drowned in blob of text not tidied up with line breaks*

Looking at it it seems being obsessed with having it played via the net to combat the ease of it being shared/modded is indeed the main thing. Well over half of that text could have referred to a separate file stored in the game directory instead of this novel sized file to pull the dialogue if you want it to. Just assign a value to the dialogue you're referring to and then it can pull it from the appropriate file storing them all. But the less files that have to be intereacted with on browser based clients the better? Idk I've never fucked around with web based apps that I recall, always user stored ones so maybe it makes it easier on load times to be pulling code all from the same file, where on a persons personal drive its negligible (and easy to figure out where bugs/errors/CTD/etc are all originating from).

But it also could merely be a matter of not even formatting the coding to separate different calls/clauses in the code, making it look like a blob of a mess. Like push it into the next line dude...

Warphorror

Jan 2, 2018
Dafuck iz zis?
View attachment 1637939
I suppose that's code extracted from the online version and not source code directly handed to you so the main explanation is that when you push code to be live before that you make it go through a process that remove any formating not necessary for it to function because a white space, tabulation, end of line are characters that take memory for nothing and need to be parsed and ignore when the code execute, basically waste of memory and process. You may think that's nothing but when you have a lot of them the size change and loading in memory + execution become noticeable. Also it's not because modern computer can ignore such problems that your code shouldn't be optimized when you go into production.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
I suppose that's code extracted from the online version and not source code directly handed to you so the main explanation is that when you push code to be live before that you make it go through a process that remove any formating not necessary for it to function because a white space, tabulation, end of line are characters that take memory for nothing and need to be parsed and ignore when the code execute, basically waste of memory and process. You may think that's nothing but when you have a lot of them the size change and loading in memory + execution become noticeable. Also it's not because modern computer can ignore such problems that your code shouldn't be optimized when you go into production.
I believe javascript/html5 game compiling tools call it (or used to refer to it as) minification, and it's a standard step for javascript because as an already slow interpreted language that kind of optimization is incredibly important for performance.

Loradeon

Oct 28, 2018
There hasn't been any meaningful content for over a year now. Even before that the development speed was very slow just milking patreon.

If you haven't played it yet then the game is still really good and you should give it a try. There's over 20 hours of content, and it's not a story driven game where the unfinished stuff hurts the game.
yeah, its been a lot of "this artist has added new artwork for x characters". oh well, like you said its still good.

Jimyc

May 17, 2017
I believe javascript/html5 game compiling tools call it (or used to refer to it as) minification, and it's a standard step for javascript because as an already slow interpreted language that kind of optimization is incredibly important for performance.
That is correct and not only for game compiling tools. I program software at my job using a JS framework and while in development, the source code is well readable, the actually finished file, that we give to customers, is just one single, really long line of code, with all spaces, comments etc. removed and all variables and functions obfuscated.

seden

Aug 22, 2016
Boob mod is gone from mega, can someone re-upload it ?

Thanks in advance, Curious what it was about...

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
Boob mod is gone from mega, can someone re-upload it ?

Thanks in advance, Curious what it was about...
It readd things that where locked away because patreon. It made Kally and Kiro biological sisters and you could with the frostwyrm an incestharem of your daugthers and it is gone because it whas heavily outdated and nobody took care of it.

seden

Aug 22, 2016
Damn, it should be retired from the first post then.

TBS, did not see it before, which is strange, but I've grabbed TITS from the blog previously.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes