CyclonicTorpedo

Jul 29, 2020
So like most of the characters, you posted about are specific writer's characters and while I do believe writers get paid for their time on TiTs they most likely have other personal projects or other jobs they have to do. then you have the active writers on the payroll who are writing more content for their characters or the characters they like. If you really like a character that bad contact the writer, get involved with the community, or put some money towards it yourself. otherwise, you're just a person raging at your keyboard.

Also, key to note, Synphia is written by Fenoxo, so she is hardly a character limited by a writer leaving, but rather simply by interest. Which, again, is entirely fair, however that doesn't mean it cannot really aggravate me that interesting characters like her tend to get the short end of the stick.

ExcitedTengu

Jun 27, 2018
Could anyone explain what happened to this game? Did progress on it just slow down or stall? Its been going for years but I haven't seen much real progress towards an ending in a long time.. And i see some comments about different versions.. java vs flash.. did they start over and stop progress for a year or something?
Dude burnt out his dopamine receptors and handed the project off to the coc2 team. They also switched to a different system so they are pretty much just taking a break while porting things over.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
A reminder:

Java is a programming language currently owned and maintained by Oracle, that is excessively similar in formatting and libraries to C#. Java is what Minecraft was programmed in, and similarly to Flash requires software provided by Oracle to run. (New versions of Minecraft bundle that, but that's neither here nor there.) At no point has Trials in Tainted Space ever been written in Java.

JavaScript is a fundamentally different programming language designed to run in a web browser, and is nearly interchangeable with ActionScript due to their shared origins in the same ECMAScript design. Trials in Tainted Space is currently being programmed in JavaScript.

If this were in Java I'd have been decompiling it with FernFlower and digging through the internals to look into making a modloader by now. Unfortunately, that's far less viable with JS. And honestly, js is a much faster shorthand than java if you don't want to bother typing out the whole name.

DeMoS666

Jul 30, 2018
So there no save editor, because it now on java?

Is older version which is still flash(on this site downloads) is last flash one version?
I just do not want to burn so much time on game which i played many times already...

CyclonicTorpedo

Jul 29, 2020
So there no save editor, because it now on java?

Is older version which is still flash(on this site downloads) is last flash one version?
I just do not want to burn so much time on game which i played many times already...
You don't really need a save editor now, the saves are remarkably easy to edit. Just use Notebook++, and all it takes is a few reference saves, and a bit of trial and error, to understand the format and what to do with it. Also, the flags for various things have been decompiled and provided on the Fenoxo forums if you need them.

The reason a save editor was needed before was because of just how bloody weirdly the old .tits files were formatted.

Reactions: DeMoS666

SGrimmer

Aug 12, 2016
Kind of a weird choice to gate the reimplementation of certain content behind a wall for backers only.

Also since it's now being ported to flash (albeit in a slow as balls way) does that kick open the door to modders? I know they wanted to prevent mods being possible for some asinine reason but is that still being actively prevented?

CyclonicTorpedo

Jul 29, 2020
Kind of a weird choice to gate the reimplementation of certain content behind a wall for backers only.

Also since it's now being ported to flash (albeit in a slow as balls way) does that kick open the door to modders? I know they wanted to prevent mods being possible for some asinine reason but is that still being actively prevented?
Tbf, they are probably just doing the standard "The backer version is one update ahead of the public version" deal, so it is less gated, and more just delayed.

As for mods, idk about the different practicalities between JS and Flash, but I know damned well mods will come out of the woodwork as soon as a stable-ish game is done.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Here's a download of the latest version 0.69.420-BACKERS#1815

You can't play the backers online on the devs official website. (if you didn't pay :devilish:)

Changelog:
look at [TiTS] Hotfies Galore~ page in fen's site.
(yeah I copied cten's format, sue me)
(p.s. don't expect backers build when they come out, mostly when something major comes out I'll think about it)
So syri on flash when giving her the steele suit bugs out the game, been a thing for a while. The reason why I mention this is because when a bug occurs you don't go to the reload screen since well, it isn't online. Usually your menu will glitch out instead so if that happens, reload.
All hail people like you for helping us cracked player peasants.

Man, glad to see that my cheese combo still works.
1649870332736.png

1649871467874.png

Last edited:
Reactions: bestfriends

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
A reminder:

Java is a programming language currently owned and maintained by Oracle, that is excessively similar in formatting and libraries to C#. Java is what Minecraft was programmed in, and similarly to Flash requires software provided by Oracle to run. (New versions of Minecraft bundle that, but that's neither here nor there.) At no point has Trials in Tainted Space ever been written in Java.

JavaScript is a fundamentally different programming language designed to run in a web browser, and is nearly interchangeable with ActionScript due to their shared origins in the same ECMAScript design. Trials in Tainted Space is currently being programmed in JavaScript.

If this were in Java I'd have been decompiling it with FernFlower and digging through the internals to look into making a modloader by now. Unfortunately, that's far less viable with JS. And honestly, js is a much faster shorthand than java if you don't want to bother typing out the whole name.
It should still be possible to create a modloader for the JS version. I was digging around how content is loaded, and at least for the web version it should be possible to inject entirely new content into the mix. I've already got one mostly working for COC2, but the two games are different enough that its not just a straight conversion between them.

I'm working on an adding an in-game cheat interface first though. Laziness is winning out though, so nothing to show there yet.

Reactions: kidderyao

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
It should still be possible to create a modloader for the JS version. I was digging around how content is loaded, and at least for the web version it should be possible to inject entirely new content into the mix. I've already got one mostly working for COC2, but the two games are different enough that its not just a straight conversion between them.

I'm working on an adding an in-game cheat interface first though. Laziness is winning out though, so nothing to show there yet.
Oh, I'm not saying it's not possible. Just that content loading and swapping in javascript is something of a mess. Especially when you're working via decompiler rather than source code. Java at least has the decency to decompile into discrete classes, as opposed to un-minifying javascript.

Mad_lib

Apr 13, 2022
Ok, I'm an idiot. I have the AIR build that shows as 0.8.159

From the changelog it looks like there's two newer builds? Does this have the Syrie recruitment quest?
The html build has Syri recruitment.

The in-game cheat menu that is already there isn't good enough?

Mad_lib

Apr 13, 2022
As a general rule, the point of a mod loader is to add new content and modify existing content. Not to act like a trainer.
Yeah I was only talking about them wanting to add an in game cheat menu. Why not just add on to the existing one if there aren't enough options?
Where the fuck is the in-game cheat menu? I'm on HTML and i can't even access the codex to cheat
Load a save and on the main menu click the i in TiTS three times. The cheat menu should be added to the options menu.

Dec 7, 2019
Yeah I was only talking about them wanting to add an in game cheat menu. Why not just add on to the existing one if there aren't enough options?

Load a save and on the main menu click the i in TiTS three times. The cheat menu should be added to the options menu.
It didn't work at all ;-;

edit; IT WORKED QAQ!!

Oct 1, 2021
Have they fixed the problem of not being able to fuck Eitan after winning the spar or do they just not care about him anymore, like 80% of the characters in this game

TheVegnar

Jul 4, 2021
Okay, I have tried to edit the game stats before and now I don't seem to be able to change anything at all, with the developer tools on this new version? Did they *Fix* that on purpose so no one could just start with a char they want at start?

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
Not to mention Shade.
Wait. They removed incest content with Shade and others? I haven't played since before the programming port started and have been waiting till it catches up to preport content to try it again. (Got sick of everything new being added being hyper sized stuff back then so just fucked off for a while)

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes