RNPA1

Dec 11, 2021
The problem is that its content is not updated on the wiki but if you deliver it to the authorities in uveto it appears in prison ...... and it doesn't matter what time I visit it, it keeps telling me that I still can't visit it (T-T)
I didn't knew that. Probably its bugged or his content was never finalized (Or it was simply not intended to visit him)

Asia Argento

The Golden Dragon Princess
Donor
Apr 14, 2020
ngl I miss the ship editor part of the Tits editor. Now I am gonna get a game over when that pirate ship attacks me in the story. :/

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
There shouldn't be any need to make a platform specific version of the game anymore. It runs in a web browser.
In absolute fairness, the game does have a couple mobile-specific issues, like the the pop-up text on buttons popping up for a millisecond and then disappearing because it expects a mouseover and doesn't interpret a touchscreen input in the right way. Having a separate mobile version would enable the devs to fix issues like that without worrying about affecting anything for anyone on a PC.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
In absolute fairness, the game does have a couple mobile-specific issues, like the the pop-up text on buttons popping up for a millisecond and then disappearing because it expects a mouseover and doesn't interpret a touchscreen input in the right way. Having a separate mobile version would enable the devs to fix issues like that without worrying about affecting anything for anyone on a PC.
That sounds more like an issue with the overall design rather than a mobile specific issue. It's less relevant for a game like this that has literally no chance of ever winding up on a console, but mouseover popups are a design element that only works on computers, and are very much something you put a fallback for when designing a game. Even if that fallback is as simple as a minimum display time for the popup. If working with something like that on my own game, I'd actually do a minimum display time in combination with suppressing the current popup if a new one is displayed. (In other words, if you're moving through the page only the latest popup will show, and the latest popup has a minimum amount of time before it goes away)

Of course, this works significantly better with a control setup that allows for multiple styles of input. A menu compatible with keyboard/controller will be compatible with popup/selection display by default, and allowing a popup to show on press and hold (rather than that qualifying as a click) could address some issues with touchscreens. Basically, what I'm saying is that there are tons of ways to handle it that are generally cross compatible.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zexvain

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
That sounds more like an issue with the overall design rather than a mobile specific issue. It's less relevant for a game like this that has literally no chance of ever winding up on a console, but mouseover popups are a design element that only works on computers, and are very much something you put a fallback for when designing a game. Even if that fallback is as simple as a minimum display time for the popup. If working with something like that on my own game, I'd actually do a minimum display time in combination with suppressing the current popup if a new one is displayed. (In other words, if you're moving through the page only the latest popup will show, and the latest popup has a minimum amount of time before it goes away)

Of course, this works significantly better with a control setup that allows for multiple styles of input. A menu compatible with keyboard/controller will be compatible with popup/selection display by default, and allowing a popup to show on press and hold (rather than that qualifying as a click) could address some issues with touchscreens. Basically, what I'm saying is that there are tons of ways to handle it that are generally cross compatible.
Fair enough. But knowing the general level of expertise that Fen and Co' seem to display (which is to say, not much) my reply was more aimed toward explaining that separating out mobile and PC builds would ensure that if (or more likely, when) they fuck something up, it wouldn't affect the main PC build.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Fair enough. But knowing the general level of expertise that Fen and Co' seem to display (which is to say, not much) my reply was more aimed toward explaining that separating out mobile and PC builds would ensure that if (or more likely, when) they fuck something up, it wouldn't affect the main PC build.
Given their history, I suspect separate codebases would risk being actively detrimental. I know it absolutely was an issue they butted heads against with mobile flash builds.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Given their history, I suspect separate codebases would risk being actively detrimental. I know it absolutely was an issue they butted heads against with mobile flash builds.
You have a point. I defer to your expertise, and thank you for reminding me of the mobile flash build fiasco. I remember they stopped supporting IOS entirely despite there being a simple workaround for the issue that caused them to stop supporting IOS. So yeah, in retrospect, you're absolutely correct separate codebases would be a nightmare for them.

NobodyAB

May 14, 2022
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm playing the new JavaScript/HTML version on Android through Joiplay and my "save to file" button isn't working. I click it and nothing happens. Load file works correctly though. Any tips?

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I'm playing the new JavaScript/HTML version on Android through Joiplay and my "save to file" button isn't working. I click it and nothing happens. Load file works correctly though. Any tips?
The only tip I can give is to not play through joiplay. Use your regular mobile browser. It runs just fine for me on Chrome, firefox, and degoogled chromium. That said, I don't use the save to file function, like, ever, but I did just check and it does work for me. It might be a joiplay specific thing, or it might be something specific to your android. Try running it in your browser and see if it works there.

NobodyAB

May 14, 2022
The only tip I can give is to not play through joiplay. Use your regular mobile browser. It runs just fine for me on Chrome, firefox, and degoogled chromium. That said, I don't use the save to file function, like, ever, but I did just check and it does work for me. It might be a joiplay specific thing, or it might be something specific to your android. Try running it in your browser and see if it works there.
Yeah I think the "save to file" button not working is a joiplay specific issue. I try running through my browser and images won't load, I think because I'm on a newer version of android. If I navigate directly to the game folder through Chrome the html file doesn't even show up, which is why I'm resorting to Joiplay. I was hoping to figure out how to get the "save to file" button to work so I didn't have to start over every time I want to play the latest version. Weird how "load from file" works but not the other..

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Yeah I think the "save to file" button not working is a joiplay specific issue. I try running through my browser and images won't load, I think because I'm on a newer version of android. If I navigate directly to the game folder through Chrome the html file doesn't even show up, which is why I'm resorting to Joiplay. I was hoping to figure out how to get the "save to file" button to work so I didn't have to start over every time I want to play the latest version. Weird how "load from file" works but not the other..
That's definitely odd. Is the game on an SD card or internal storage? And did you preserve the file/folder structure? It definitely loads all the images and everything just fine on my android tablet, but I am using an older version of android so that could very well be your issue. Check your joiplay permissions to make sure it has storage permissions, if it doesn't then that could be the issue. If it does then I don't know what to tell ya unfortunately.

NobodyAB

May 14, 2022
That's definitely odd. Is the game on an SD card or internal storage? And did you preserve the file/folder structure? It definitely loads all the images and everything just fine on my android tablet, but I am using an older version of android so that could very well be your issue. Check your joiplay permissions to make sure it has storage permissions, if it doesn't then that could be the issue. If it does then I don't know what to tell ya unfortunately.
It's on internal storage and I never changed the file structure. Joiplay does have storage permissions. I suppose a workaround would be to find out where Joiplay originally keeps the save files and just copy the file but I've looked through everything I can think of and no luck.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes