Ausdric

May 16, 2018
I played a bit of the old html version since i wanted to get a feel of it but I always felt that the layout of the game is so weird. I felt that in certain places it just compacts a lot of the settings that were more openly used from the flash version, it also feels weird with the new movement option being in a different place (though i guess it makes sense to allow for more options).

Reactions: RNPA1 and ModraHD

ModraHD

Mar 22, 2019
I played a bit of the old html version since i wanted to get a feel of it but I always felt that the layout of the game is so weird. I felt that in certain places it just compacts a lot of the settings that were more openly used from the flash version, it also feels weird with the new movement option being in a different place (though i guess it makes sense to allow for more options).
I fucking hate the new layout tbh. Don't get me wrong, it's a graphical improvement, but that's it. The UI is the User Interface, not the "make the dev's job easier" interface. They sunk a lot of time into it but honestly need to go back and fix it. Moving around is a mess if you're not navigating via keyboard. I thought we all agreed that the right hand is for the mouse in these types of games? Why make that harder? The old version at least was consistent. Plus, seeing either the map OR your current arousal and HP is just encouraging the player to walk into combat and instantly lose, because of all the random and periodic lust gains. Everyone plays a sex pest flying an interstellar slut barge, so being between 75 and max lust is the default.

That and I feel the portraits functioned better how they used to be... and I can't figure out how to cycle between them if there are two people in the scene.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
its mainly for the people who do want the hotfixes, though i do agree that 600mb is a lot, there is nothing I can do about it
Sry, not meant to complain, just confused.
I thought the "flash" to "html" conversion makes the builds more advanced >> lighter on both dev's and user's end
A lot of other games just roll out small patches for quick fixes.
But here you need to download the whole thing again :unsure:
Especially the when the file size are 10x larger than the old builds. o_O

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Sry, not meant to complain, just confused.
I thought the "flash" to "html" conversion makes the builds more advanced >> lighter on both dev's and user's end
A lot of other games just roll out small patches for quick fixes.
But here you need to download the whole thing again :unsure:
Especially the when the file size are 10x larger than the old builds. o_O
Most of the size is the image files. The javascript version includes all the images in the image pack (I think?) which are added inline with the text but it also seems to include larger resolution versions of the bust images, since you can enlarge them now. It adds up to like 560+ MB of image files alone.

Edit: It's also because the javascript version isn't really meant to be downloaded and played offline. It's designed to be run from Fen's website, where assets can be fetched as needed rather than downloading them all and storing them locally before starting the game.

Last edited:

Nouvi

Jul 24, 2018
Honestly, all these complaints about the filesize being big is.... understandable. There's a lot of images in there, and they take up space.
On that note, it baffles me quite a bit that so few seem to realize (or accept that) the html version is basically the same as the old ImagePack versions of the flash... and it's practically unchanged in size. Final imagepack version was 650MBish, current html version is.... 656MB unpacked. There's no "massive size increase" there.

...only real difference is the disappearance of the imageless version of the game.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Honestly, all these complaints about the filesize being big is.... understandable. There's a lot of images in there, and they take up space.
On that note, it baffles me quite a bit that so few seem to realize (or accept that) the html version is basically the same as the old ImagePack versions of the flash... and it's practically unchanged in size. Final imagepack version was 650MBish, current html version is.... 656MB unpacked. There's no "massive size increase" there.

...only real difference is the disappearance of the imageless version of the game.
Speaking as someone who never used the image pack version of the game because so many of the images were not appealing to me, I totally understand people being upset that they have no choice but to download the full size of the image pack, especially if they're just going to turn those images off and just use busts or no images at all. The size of the game isn't an issue for me personally, but for people with limited internet speed, data caps, or limited storage space I totally get it and wish there would be a "bust-only" version. The flash version without imagepack was 65 megs or so I believe, so for me it really is a 10x size increase.

Reactions: Azriel Satan

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Edit: It's also because the javascript version isn't really meant to be downloaded and played offline. It's designed to be run from Fen's website, where assets can be fetched as needed rather than downloading them all and storing them locally before starting the game.
Are you saying they intended to make this new version "online only" in the future? (I know it'll be better for them business-wise, but would suck even for "paid customers"), instead of as an "option"?

You are missing the point, it's not about "Download a 600+mb game", it's "Downloading the same 600+mb file (with maybe only couple lines of codes differences) over and over again."
Image pack was only an "Option" on the "outdated" version that many of us doesn't even bother, for the same reason.
For any "advanced" game, you only need to download the assets "Once", the rest are just new patches. Only a new "full" build when there are a lot of changes.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Are you saying they intended to make this new version "online only" in the future? (I know it'll be better for them business-wise, but would suck even for "paid customers"), instead of as an "option"?
The javascript version isn't actually available for download on Fen's website, so it's already online only. I'm not sure how exactly the people who upload here get downloads of it, I'm assuming it's either a patreon thing or they're managing to rip it from his site somehow. I'm far from an expert on that stuff. I do know that patrons have to like log in or something to access the online version with their content, which is the same as what gets uploaded here.

With that in mind, whenever Fen or his team pushes a hotfix, since the game is online only everyone playing it from his site gets access to that hotfix instantly rather than having to download anything. The trade-off is that if you play online as a member of the public, you don't get free access to the patreon-only content that the versions here contain, which is why it has to be downloaded. Because there's no official support for an offline version afaik, that means no "patch-only" downloads, hence having to redownload the game every time.

Jon564

Jul 20, 2017
You are missing the point, it's not about "Download a 600+mb game", it's "Downloading the same 600+mb file (with maybe only couple lines of codes differences) over and over again."
Image pack was only an "Option" on the "outdated" version that many of us doesn't even bother, for the same reason.
For any "advanced" game, you only need to download the assets "Once", the rest are just new patches. Only a new "full" build when there are a lot of changes.
You saying it like it a huge chore, It takes 2 minutes to download, 30 seconds to extract, and it takes up 0.3% of your storage

tehlemon

Jan 26, 2021
there are places in the world that still use dial-up.
And the rest of the world isn't going to cater to them. Do you really want the majority of the world to act like its still 1998 just because your internet sucks? Because you're going to be very, very disappointed when no one is willing to do that.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

ModraHD

Mar 22, 2019
Internet speed is irrelevant when dealing with hosting sites. Most will be capped at 3g mobile network speeds. You think people bypassing paying for the actual product are going to buy into some filesharing site's premium membership? lol.

Naru100

Jun 13, 2017
Internet speed is irrelevant when dealing with hosting sites. Most will be capped at 3g mobile network speeds. You think people bypassing paying for the actual product are going to buy into some filesharing site's premium membership? lol.
I just assume those are scams

Draco0

Apr 20, 2020
Any android version for TiTS-0.9.001-BACKER#2029???

And where is the save located in the Java version??

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Any android version for TiTS-0.9.001-BACKER#2029???

And where is the save located in the Java version??
There is no "Android version." The game is now made in javascript, which allows you to play it in practically any browser, including mobile browsers.

On a related note, could we get that information put in the OP somewhere so people stop asking for an Android version every other post?

Sorter

Aug 11, 2017
How do I save my game in a format usable by the save editor? SOL or tits format.

greeneyed

Jul 30, 2017
Hate to ask but anyone know how to trigger Shizuya landing at a hangar?
I've tried looking at the code directly but it's a fucking mess and I've scratched my head for a hour looking at their javascript code trying to figure it out.
It's telling me it should be 40% chance to appearing at your location at any hangar, 40% random planet and 20% just in space.
But it sure ain't working.

Edit: changed the code so it should always spawn at your location, still doesn't work. just more broken code and bugs. carry on people with your day.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 64 Votes