krogine

Dec 3, 2018
man i just want the exe version because i dont want to use any of my browsers for it. i dont give a shit about how big the game is (unless it's going into big retail game size) because so long as i like it ill make space

Aug 18, 2017
man i just want the exe version because i dont want to use any of my browsers for it. i dont give a shit about how big the game is (unless it's going into big retail game size) because so long as i like it ill make space
Well I'm sorry to say I don't see any luck with getting your hands on an .exe build for a while, you could download one of the older .swf builds and run it in flash viewer if you dislike playing it in browser so much, but outside of that you're going to be stuck with the .html version for the forseeable future 'cause it doesn't seem Fenoxo'll be exporting it to an .exe build any time soon

RNPA1

Dec 11, 2021
Are you saying they intended to make this new version "online only" in the future? (I know it'll be better for them business-wise, but would suck even for "paid customers"), instead of as an "option"?
They intend to release the desktop version after the game stabilizes more (probably, with the android version for those who are asking it a lot)

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
The javascript version isn't actually available for download on Fen's website, so it's already online only. I'm not sure how exactly the people who upload here get downloads of it, I'm assuming it's either a patreon thing or they're managing to rip it from his site somehow. I'm far from an expert on that stuff. I do know that patrons have to like log in or something to access the online version with their content, which is the same as what gets uploaded here.

With that in mind, whenever Fen or his team pushes a hotfix, since the game is online only everyone playing it from his site gets access to that hotfix instantly rather than having to download anything. The trade-off is that if you play online as a member of the public, you don't get free access to the patreon-only content that the versions here contain, which is why it has to be downloaded. Because there's no official support for an offline version afaik, that means no "patch-only" downloads, hence having to redownload the game every time.
They intend to release the desktop version after the game stabilizes more (probably, with the android version for those who are asking it a lot)
Now I'm confused again as there are 2 totally different answers. o_O
Hargan2 said TiTS will take the "HORNSTOWN" online approach - which really sucks as then they can do more, like inserting Ads everywhere, patreon exclusive contents, more risk your patreon account get data breach, etc. (But then it make sense you need to download the whole thing everytime)
RNPA1 says this is more of a "beta testing" thing, that TiTs will remain the same as before (flash) - free to public, Patreon only get privilege like early access?

Edit: But then again, I'm only here for the free ride. Either route the devs plan to take is totally understandable.
Just wanna know what to expect in the future: a real "free" game, or a so called "Free to play" but with tons of premium gimmick.
Personally, I've no problem to pay for a finished product, but not "Freemium" or financially backing development.

Last edited:

RNPA1

Dec 11, 2021
Hargan2 said TiTS will take the "HORNSTOWN" online approach - which really sucks as then they can do more, like inserting Ads everywhere, patreon exclusive contents, etc. (But then it make sense you need to download the whole thing everytime)
RNPA1 says this is more of a "beta exclusive" thing, that TiTs will remain the same - free to public, Patreon only get privilege like early access?
The only answer to this is.....
One of us is a traitor! (or is just wrong, or lying)

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Hargan2 said TiTS will take the "HORNSTOWN" online approach - which really sucks as then they can do more, like inserting Ads everywhere, patreon exclusive contents, more risk your patreon account get data breach, etc. (But then it make sense you need to download the whole thing everytime)
RNPA1 says this is more of a "beta testing" thing, that TiTs will remain the same as before (flash) - free to public, Patreon only get privilege like early access?

Edit: But then again, I'm only here for the free ride. Either route the devs plan to take is totally understandable.
Just wanna know what to expect in the future: a real "free" game, or a so called "Free to play" but with tons of premium gimmick.
Personally, I've no problem to pay for a finished product, but not "Freemium" or financially backing development.
My apologies, let me clarify. The javascript version of the game does not have a public download for offline play that I'm aware of. In order to play it, you must go to Fen's website and play it online. Anyone can do this for free. Patrons can link their login to the site to access a separate online hosted build of the game, which will have early access to content that's added in the future, just like the flash version.
So: Anyone can play the game online through Fen's website, but Patrons get early access to stuff just like in Flash. Fen simply no longer offers the ability to play the game offline. The offline downloads hosted here are acquired somehow, and generally contain the patreon builds afaik.

Also, I never said TiTs would take the Hornstown approach, I said the game was online-only, which it technically is. My apologies if I wasn't clear.

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
My apologies, let me clarify. The javascript version of the game does not have a public download for offline play that I'm aware of. In order to play it, you must go to Fen's website and play it online. Anyone can do this for free. Patrons can link their login to the site to access a separate online hosted build of the game, which will have early access to content that's added in the future, just like the flash version.
So: Anyone can play the game online through Fen's website, but Patrons get early access to stuff just like in Flash. Fen simply no longer offers the ability to play the game offline. The offline downloads hosted here are acquired somehow, and generally contain the patreon builds afaik.

Also, I never said TiTs would take the Hornstown approach, I said the game was online-only, which it technically is. My apologies if I wasn't clear.
Sry, maybe I wasn't clear enough. I get what you were saying. My question is: Will online be forced "mandatory"?

You said TiTs will be "Online Only" from now on. Any "offline builds" are not acquired by normal means.
TBH, it's still baffling even there's no "extra intention" hidden. TiTs is an offline solo game, why make online "required"?
(All my "gimmik scenarios" are the "possibilities" Fen can exploit, not necessarily mean it will happen.)

But then RNPA1 said they are still planning to have "Offline version" when the builds are more stable, the "online version" is purely for convenience.

Are you just making observations based on what's going on? Or you know what're Fen's plan for TiTs?

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Sry, maybe I wasn't clear enough. I get what you were saying. My question is: Will online be forced "mandatory"?

You said TiTs will be "Online Only" from now on. Any "offline builds" are not acquired by normal means.
TBH, it's still baffling even there's no "extra intention" hidden. TiTs is an offline solo game, why make online "required"?
(All my "gimmik scenarios" are the "possibilities" Fen can exploit, not necessarily mean it will happen.)

But then RNPA1 said they are still planning to have "Offline version" when the builds are more stable, the "online version" is purely for convenience.

Are you just making observations based on what's going on? Or you know what're Fen's plan for TiTs?
Ah, gotcha, 'twas I who misinterpreted. Everything I said was based on the current situation, but I did some digging and it does seem like there are plans to make the game downloadable again at an unspecified time in the future. Given Fen and Co's track record, that may or may not ever come to pass, and if it does I have my doubts that it will come soon. My apologies for the confusion, as I could have sworn I read somewhere that there were no such plans, but either I misremembered or they changed their mind sometime between the start of JS development and now.

ixcez

Nov 26, 2018
Not sure about this whole online thing but I think the game might take the same approach as CoC2 has and appear on steam, far as I can tell the CoC2 one on steam can be played offline but you have to buy it for about 8-9$ and the version you get access to is the public one. So chances are high that at least eventually the public version will be removed as the game get's closer to completion, which is understandable, and my guess is TiTs will be added to steam but I'm pretty sure they will keep it like CoC2 that you can play if offline when they do.

RNPA1

Dec 11, 2021
Not sure about this whole online thing but I think the game might take the same approach as CoC2 has and appear on steam, far as I can tell the CoC2 one on steam can be played offline but you have to buy it for about 8-9$ and the version you get access to is the public one. So chances are high that at least eventually the public version will be removed as the game get's closer to completion, which is understandable, and my guess is TiTs will be added to steam but I'm pretty sure they will keep it like CoC2 that you can play if offline when they do.
You can download the offline public build in their website. I don't know why the steam version is paid if what you said it's true (that is the same as the public)

sh10

Jul 16, 2018
I'm new to the game and just kind of stumbling around. Do I need to worry about the passage of time? I just went to the first probe site and now I'm wondering if what happened there is scripted, or if I need to be moving as fast as possible. I guess what I'm really asking is; can I just take my time, or is this a fallout 1 situation?

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
I'm new to the game and just kind of stumbling around. Do I need to worry about the passage of time? I just went to the first probe site and now I'm wondering if what happened there is scripted, or if I need to be moving as fast as possible. I guess what I'm really asking is; can I just take my time, or is this a fallout 1 situation?
You can take your time, the main quest isn't even completely written anyway.

ixcez

Nov 26, 2018
You can download the offline public build in their website. I don't know why the steam version is paid if what you said it's true (that is the same as the public)
Yeah I know I mostly bought it to support the game since I didn't wanna pay X $ each month for it on patron. But yeah you only get the public version after buying it on steam, the only "extra" you get for having it on steam is that you get access to achievements and the steam cloud save function. So all in all getting it on steam is mostly if you wanna support the devs.

Pantheress

Oct 6, 2018
I can neither find it on steam NOR can I seem to get the exe files to run. Someone able or willing to help me make the exe's work or find on steam? Because seaching for T.I.T.S. and for Trials all don't show Trials in tainted space.

RNPA1

Dec 11, 2021
I can neither find it on steam NOR can I seem to get the exe files to run. Someone able or willing to help me make the exe's work or find on steam? Because seaching for T.I.T.S. and for Trials all don't show Trials in tainted space.
What? There's no steam version of tits. We were only talking in a hipotetic scenario about how they will maybe give the game the CoC 2's treatment .

hentaifelf

Mar 26, 2018
Here's a download of the latest version TiTS-0.9.001-BACKER#2058 (PATCH VERSION)

don't think i need to explain how this works, go to the folder with all the .js and .html files and replace them with this (just dont accidentally delete the resources folder like i did :) )
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
for the people who dont want to redownload the images everytime. if someone wants to upload a full version with the resources folder inside the thingy go for it. and if you dont have the previous version and just now getting into the game, download the full version in the spoilers and follow my steps. pretty sure I'll do this from now on for hotfixes and only upload full versions when its a "major" (lmao) update.

4.10 star(s) 64 Votes