James3

Dec 12, 2018
several stupid quastions:
first can you recomend me a swf player cause mine cant open this game
second about the bestiary pdf i need help with that one
thanks in advance
Have you tried going into the File menu, clicking Open and finding the game through its Browse button with Flash Player sa? When I try Open With or any other way besides its listing on the File menu after it's been up before, it basically goes:Lol! I'm not doing that!

lambout

Jul 19, 2017
It's a .swf (flash) so you'll want a standalone flash player now that browsers are stopping support for flash.

Nab the "Flash Player projector", which will give you the file "flashplayer_32_sa.exe". Run that, drag the TiTS .swf into it, and voila.

The fourteen in-game savefiles will be located in your user folder, under "AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\(some gibberish here)\localhost".
You can also save to a file directly, as an alternative.
I tried this method, but I can't load any of my saves. I can find them on my pc but I can't load them simply because they're not being recognized

organord

Jun 10, 2020
I tried this method, but I can't load any of my saves. I can find them on my pc but I can't load them simply because they're not being recognized
To be clear, you aren't trying to load the .sol file directly in the flash projector are you?
You're opening the TiTS .swf in the projector, and then from within the game, selecting Data -> Load (which shows the 14 files inside the mentioned directory), or Load File and navigating to a .sol file elsewhere?

Can you screenshot whatever error you're getting?

It's a standalone player so you shouldn't need anything extra to read the .sol data created by a .swf file.

Reactions: lambout

redcynic

Jul 12, 2017
Love it when the game is on a dying engine, the devs knew it was a dying engine months in advance, and still kept putting releases out on the dying engine and waiting to actually do the port to a more stable and supported engine until like, less than a month til the old engine stops being supported?

JTakiyaa

Dec 9, 2019
Love it when the game is on a dying engine, the devs knew it was a dying engine months in advance, and still kept putting releases out on the dying engine and waiting to actually do the port to a more stable and supported engine until like, less than a month til the old engine stops being supported?
Hey, it's not my fault why we haven't start the porting in parallel with our main development few months after they announced that flash would be obsolete and dead. I have to release more updates to the game too. (although content very lacking than the few years before and main story never seemed to progressed after Zeng Shi probe). But I am for certain know it's not my fault and let me tell you why in a long post about how it's not my fault planning ahead. I know some might be upset that new content might be slow to put up but I make it up to you. How about more Kiro content?

Edit: It all a joke im making, please tell these people to leave my front yard.

SonaraFox

Jul 6, 2017
To be fair people have been saying flash will die for how many years now? Not to mention a lot of people didn't expect adobe to be dicks about it and implement a kill switch into the program in order to kill it internet wide. I think most people figured it would have just stopped receiving support and updates and just be left as is to be eventually overtaken by another flash like program. Flash always felt like the boy who cried wolf and this was finally the time the wolves were actually there so oops.

lambout

Jul 19, 2017
To be clear, you aren't trying to load the .sol file directly in the flash projector are you?
You're opening the TiTS .swf in the projector, and then from within the game, selecting Data -> Load (which shows the 14 files inside the mentioned directory), or Load File and navigating to a .sol file elsewhere?

Can you screenshot whatever error you're getting?

It's a standalone player so you shouldn't need anything extra to read the .sol data created by a .swf file.
What I did was load the swf file in the projector, then tried to load my saves but the slots were empty. Then I tried to locate the .sol files but the game or projector didn't recognize(?) the sol files, or at least I couldn't click on them since they weren't visible.
But I got it to work as I said above

Reactions: organord

GS523523

Aug 23, 2020
What I did was load the swf file in the projector, then tried to load my saves but the slots were empty. Then I tried to locate the .sol files but the game or projector didn't recognize(?) the sol files, or at least I couldn't click on them since they weren't visible.
But I got it to work as I said above
That's because "Load from file" can't read .sol files for some reason.
You can only load .tits files, which is what you get when you click "Save to file"

Reactions: lambout

ozie

May 5, 2019
whats the difference between air and swf?
The air version comes packaged in an exe, It's just click & run.
To play the swf version you will need the Flash player projector.
But I personally recommend you the Imagepack, It has high definition and expandable character portraits, as well as special images that illustrate some scenes (It comes as a swf too, so you'll also need the Flash player projector to play it)

4.00 star(s) 66 Votes