Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
from what I read so far from this forum is that they brought this upon themselves in the first place. I honestly don't care since I'm getting the updates for free, but I can see why some people will be frustrated by the lack of content being put out for tits. I mean a good way to show them is to obviously stop supporting, but I doubt that's ever going to happen :/
I agree with you, it'd be a different story if flash just died without any warnings given, but they had quite a bit of time to focus on converting.

EdgeOfShadow

Sep 24, 2017
I came to check out how is it going with the port thing since i didn't play this game in a few months, but damn, it looks like this game will be dead for a year. I thought they were actually working on it before flash died, but it seems like they didn't.

UndeadEve

Aug 22, 2017
I came to check out how is it going with the port thing since i didn't play this game in a few months, but damn, it looks like this game will be dead for a year. I thought they were actually working on it before flash died, but it seems like they didn't.
They were actually working on it, like, a month or two before flash died.
The thing is it's a huge fucking chore since the game is such a mess of a code and with only one guy remaking the whole thing while still having to add the "new" things the team adds during that time.

stuffinabox

Aug 15, 2018
They were actually working on it, like, a month or two before flash died.
The thing is it's a huge fucking chore since the game is such a mess of a code and with only one guy remaking the whole thing while still having to add the "new" things the team adds during that time.
They had an entire year. For a game that was raking in about 50k a month at one point, they really could use some of that money to finance a couple of dedicated coders, holy shit.

thomashot

Feb 18, 2020
They had an entire year. For a game that was raking in about 50k a month at one point, they really could use some of that money to finance a couple of dedicated coders, holy shit.
I dont have any idea how they are using their budget but you are right. Even flash extended their shutdown date to December 31. They could've if they wanted

Archaon11111

Engaged Member
Aug 14, 2020
Will they even bother though completing the conversion? Its been 8 months and only Tarvos/New Tutorial/Little bit Mhenga was converted, might very well take years plus with all the new stuff being added to regular flash

Reactions: throbzombie

UndeadEve

Aug 22, 2017
Will they even bother though completing the conversion? Its been 8 months and only Tarvos/New Tutorial/Little bit Mhenga was converted, might very well take years plus with all the new stuff being added to regular flash
It's more a "it's been 2 months" than 8, 4 max.
They started a little before flash died.
And like i said a few post ago, the code is a mess and between flash and the new environment, it's a lot a work and they only have one guy doing it, since the only two other coders they have (meaning, fen and savin) are "busy" doing something else.

Archaon11111

Engaged Member
Aug 14, 2020
It's more a "it's been 2 months" than 8, 4 max.
They started a little before flash died.
And like i said a few post ago, the code is a mess and between flash and the new environment, it's a lot a work and they only have one guy doing it, since the only two other coders they have (meaning, fen and savin) are "busy" doing something else.
They announced that java port will be the new focus nearly a year ago in preparation for flash death, thats why a lot of people thought the entire port would be ready by January, I'm pretty sure as well they got a lot more people for coding the game as far as credits go but yeah one guy is doing it for the java port.

Kalyadranoc

Nov 15, 2017
just finished the new content launched since dhaal made its first apearence, and i gotta say, it wasn't bad, but wasn't good as well, seriously, one of the things that makes me sad about this game is that the main story is taking fucking years to develop, i mean, i first played TiTs years ago when only mhenga was done and was expectating some 2 or 3 years for the main story to end, but it's been way longer than that, i think, i stopped counting, now, i'm just following this patern, wait a few months, play a few days and then wait a few more months, which is seriously sad, COC2 is sufering from the same problem and the possibility of it falling in the same pit, if it already hasn't, of only introducing side stories, is really big from what i have seen .... still gonna wait for the ending, but i'm not expecting much of anything anymore, stopped supporting them a long time ago as well ... seriously, right now, i just wanna read what happens at the end of this whole play around, if there's one thing i'm looking for though, is fucking my PCs cousing, Jill in this case ...

Reactions: JTakiyaa

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
just finished the new content launched since dhaal made its first apearence, and i gotta say, it wasn't bad, but wasn't good as well, seriously, one of the things that makes me sad about this game is that the main story is taking fucking years to develop, i mean, i first played TiTs years ago when only mhenga was done and was expectating some 2 or 3 years for the main story to end, but it's been way longer than that, i think, i stopped counting, now, i'm just following this patern, wait a few months, play a few days and then wait a few more months, which is seriously sad, COC2 is sufering from the same problem and the possibility of it falling in the same pit, if it already hasn't, of only introducing side stories, is really big from what i have seen .... still gonna wait for the ending, but i'm not expecting much of anything anymore, stopped supporting them a long time ago as well ... seriously, right now, i just wanna read what happens at the end of this whole play around, if there's one thing i'm looking for though, is fucking my PCs cousing, Jill in this case ...
Bad news! Devs said this game is half way done and will take another 7 years to finish :cry:

Seriously, they are some of the most inefficient devs on the web (though you can't doubt that the game itself is good, sans the slow development...)

Reactions: Elias85

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
I would just like to say that the person in charge of the Java build conversion is the same person who was in charge of implementing ships into the game... They, still to this day, haven't done so, so Fen had to shit out a ships system into the game himself in a matter of days.
You know who that person is?

Kallisto

Jun 6, 2019
You know who that person is?
She goes by the name Gedan.

Fen had said before she stalled on the ship building because she got hit with some personal life stuff, and I assume by the time she was back full-time she went straight into coding and then this conversion. Just kinda weird why they haven't decided to bring on another full time coder. I know sometimes they get volunteer/community coders but wouldn't 1 or 2 more full-time coders make more sense so content/progress doesn't halt when the main coder is busy? I'm not in Fen's wallet so maybe the budget isn't there, idk.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019

Fen had said before she stalled on the ship building because she got hit with some personal life stuff, and I assume by the time she was back full-time she went straight into coding and then this conversion. Just kinda weird why they haven't decided to bring on another full time coder. I know sometimes they get volunteer/community coders but wouldn't 1 or 2 more full-time coders make more sense so content/progress doesn't halt when the main coder is busy? I'm not in Fen's wallet so maybe the budget isn't there, idk.
Thank you!

Sad thing is, Fen and his team are literally earning 370,000+ dollars a year. That's enough to hire 5 people with a 70,000 dollar salary, not considering how much money they are making selling the free version of their games for 10 bucks on steam + subscribestar.

Fen's probably just a lazy ass manager...

Reactions: Pr0man and Elias85

UndeadEve

Aug 22, 2017

I think it's because most people would rather write characters and scenes for this game than to code.

redcynic

Jul 12, 2017
Fen has a perennial case of Vague Internet Content Creator Illness, or VICCI for short. You know, that thing where you seem to always have some sort of sickness or health issue that prevents you from sitting in a chair and writing? But that can only be cured by long DnD sessions and video games?

That's why he can't manage the team.

4.00 star(s) 66 Votes