Dec 26, 2019
Damn x.x idk what this dev drama is about cuz I'm new to this community, but considering what I heard from ppl, I won't hold high hopes for this game to be wrapped up nicely if wrapped up at all x.x
First the sudden shift in content balance, and now this :( it honestly sucks to see a good game go down the drain this way x.x especially when you can tell there was love put into developing it so far u.u

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
I'm most definitely not happy with the possibility of Savin taking over a more central role without someone like Fen being able to keep him in check for various reasons. The biggest reason would probably be that Savin has the horrendous reputation of throwing massive hissy fits whenever there's the issue of modding on the table and his ... uhm, let's call it "diplomatic" nature with the community.
Not to mention, he has CoC2 to fuck up.
I'd legitimately prefer that the game be abandoned rather than have Savin take over.

claralover

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
I'm most definitely not happy with the possibility of Savin taking over a more central role without someone like Fen being able to keep him in check for various reasons. The biggest reason would probably be that Savin has the horrendous reputation of throwing massive hissy fits whenever there's the issue of modding on the table and his ... uhm, let's call it "diplomatic" nature with the community.
Not to mention, he has CoC2 to fuck up.
Isn't he also the reason why preg content gets stalled for a lot of characters as well?

Pr0man

Jul 23, 2017
Isn't he also the reason why preg content gets stalled for a lot of characters as well?
Not entirely certain on that, but what I feel I can say with relative certainty is that he has nothing but contempt for anyone who dare messes with anything he laid hands on with his divine touch.
Not only was he exceptionally fierceful when it came to the topic of modding his characters in CoC in order to add more content to them, even going so far to threat nuking any further threads on the topic asking about it. Just the most prominent example of him basically being unbearable, even towards supporters of the project.

claralover

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
Now I'm worried about CoC2..........

I bought it on steam looking forward to dive into the world of Mareth........
in my opinion it seems like CoC2 is doing fairly well, they at least have mostly consistent updates and I think they're nearing the release of a new area. The problem most people have is the content of the updates, but that's always going to be an issue because everyone has different opinions.

Reactions: crypticMetaphor

OofSs

Nov 20, 2019
I don’t know why you guys are freaking out about Savin taking over when it literally says in the blog that “Savin is only going to be managing writing commissions and helping him keep the details of the lore & universe straight.” It’s the same stuff he’s always been doing as a lead writer for TiTs (pretty much why most of the content is written by Savin himself).

I wouldn’t say Savin is going to take over the entire project, but more that he’s going to write the stuff Fen wants like the Myrellion quest Fen laid down for him and the other two.

Fen already said so himself that he’s going to be taking more of a producer role now, which means he is still head of his own project, it’s just that he will be telling Savin, Adj and Gedan what to do and fixing bugs. So, Fen is going to still keep Savin and the others in check.

That’s why I said that nothing is going to change, because it’s always been that way except Fen is going to make other people do his work for him. It’s not only going to be just Savin doing everything either. Fen stated clearly that “Savin/Gedan/Adjatha are all taking up some heavy lifting in the company.”

Reactions: crypticMetaphor

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
Now I'm worried about CoC2..........

I mean, the game itself isn't bad. Mareth is still an interesting place to explore albeit a lot smaller than the vast yet empty space that is TiTS. The good content is well-written and is generally competently done. It's just that it is riddled with the usual Savin shenanigans that you start to stick out a bit after you play for a while.

Besides, you bought the game already. Just try it out. Who knows? Maybe you'll like it and come back here with some other things to gripe about, as is F95 tradition.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
Wh-why did you buy it? It's free from Fenxo's website, and you can get backer patches from the thread here. Also, CoC2 is not set in Mareth. That was CoC1.

♍VoidTraveler

Forum Fanatic
Apr 14, 2021
and see what events unfolds after the queen is dethroned from the first.
Yeah... not happening, because coc2 is not a continuation of coc1.
I have no idea why those idiots bothered calling it coc2, it's more like a spin-off if anything.
A side story about an underling breaking off and doing her own thing in another world.
You're not even on Mareth anymore.

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
I wanted to financially support the team behind the creation of the game and see what events unfolds after the queen is dethroned from the first.
That's rough buddy. Adding on to what VoidTraveler has said already, you don't even play a Champion from another world in CoC2. Instead, you play as a local of the world of Savarra, the setting of the game. From the get-go, the authors make it very clear that you are not special, you're minding your own business until the plot quite literally stumbles through the tavern doors.

There's also very little mention of Mareth either. You get tid-bits and nods to the first game here and there but it's almost like it's just there as token fanservice for those that played the first game because you can most certainly play CoC2 blind. I know I did.

CoC2 is more like a different game entirely but the writers had to stick to the CoC IP. I highly suggest lurking the CoC2 thread on here to determine whether you're going to get buyer's remorse.

dankblinker

Apr 27, 2018
That's rough buddy. Adding on to what VoidTraveler has said already, you don't even play a Champion from another world in CoC2. Instead, you play as a local of the world of Savarra, the setting of the game. From the get-go, the authors make it very clear that you are not special, you're minding your own business until the plot quite literally stumbles through the tavern doors.

There's also very little mention of Mareth either. You get tid-bits and nods to the first game here and there but it's almost like it's just there as token fanservice for those that played the first game because you can most certainly play CoC2 blind. I know I did.

CoC2 is more like a different game entirely but the writers had to stick to the CoC IP. I highly suggest lurking the CoC2 thread on here to determine whether you're going to get buyer's remorse.
I guess I'll give the CoC2 thread a look. I'm disappointed that it has nothing to do with the first game. It's such a missed opportunity to do something with it. Hopefully my purchase doesn't turn to a regret.....

Fikedever

May 26, 2020
I guess I'll give the CoC2 thread a look. I'm disappointed that it has nothing to do with the first game. It's such a missed opportunity to do something with it. Hopefully my purchase doesn't turn to a regret.....
Can you not refund the game, play the free version, determine if you think its worth the money, and if it is, buy it again on steam?

dankblinker

Apr 27, 2018
Can you not refund the game, play the free version, determine if you think its worth the money, and if it is, buy it again on steam?
I think so. I'll have to double check the refund policy for the store. It does help that I currently haven't put anytime in the game yet.

SoulBurner77

Jul 20, 2018
I think so. I'll have to double check the refund policy for the store. It does help that I currently haven't put anytime in the game yet.
If you get it on Steam should be really easy to get a refund, but play the free version first to see if you really want to do it. The game is cheap for the amount of contend.

4.00 star(s) 66 Votes