jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
Hello there. Decided to mod things up in the game, considering that now all is needed to see the code is an unminifyer. But, the shop routine appears to be more difficult to understand than it was in flash (although I'm no coder, so the answer may be more obvious to those who know something about it). Anyway, I've noticed all items in shops have this 3 letter namer (Say: Hy.j and Un.j stand for Galomax in main.js and Tavros.js respectively). Can someone explain the nature of this naming, so I can possibly edit the shopkeepers wares lists?
i think its due to webpack compression/obfuscation. so that the javascript files take up less space in ram. Also be extremely careful with unminifiers i have had expirence where they outright break the javascript code. which one are you using?

Derver

Jul 28, 2018
i think its due to webpack compression/obfuscation. so that the javascript files take up less space in ram. Also be extremely careful with unminifiers i have had expirence where they outright break the javascript code. which one are you using?
Indeed, they do. Sadly, this puts a limiter on how much I can edit with my knowledge and, well, perception of it because I have to input the changes right into the unminified code and see what happens. I use unminify.com and websiteplanet.com/webtools/unminify-js/ for the zheng-shi.js as the first one can't unminify it for some reason. Regarding the compression issue, so it masks the items' proper names with no way to identify them outside the original source code? If so, then it darkens the perspectives of editing shopkeepers' goods, that's for sure.

jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
Indeed, they do. Sadly, this puts a limiter on how much I can edit with my knowledge and, well, perception of it because I have to input the changes right into the unminified code and see what happens. I use unminify.com and websiteplanet.com/webtools/unminify-js/ for the zheng-shi.js as the first one can't unminify it for some reason. Regarding the compression issue, so it masks the items' proper names with no way to identify them outside the original source code? If so, then it darkens the perspectives of editing shopkeepers' goods, that's for sure.
well you can still edit thier goods in thery if you follow the chain of usages and look for where the items are stored in a datastructure like an array or an object. if "Hy.j and Un.j" are how galomax is stored then theretically you just need to change the value assigned to j.

jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
if you want to be able to edit stuff at runtime you might want to look for functions like
JavaScript:
    Object.freeze()
    Object.seal()
    Object.preventExtensions()
those functions will make editing harder

Reactions: Derver

Derver

Jul 28, 2018
well you can still edit thier goods in thery if you follow the chain of usages and look for where the items are stored in a datastructure like an array or an object. if "Hy.j and Un.j" are how galomax is stored then theretically you just need to change the value assigned to j.
So, there should be a readable data structure containing the item reference. I should definitely look into that and how objects work here.

jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
So, there should be a readable data structure containing the item reference. I should definitely look into that and how objects work here.
i am just making an estimated guess based on staring directly into the js abyss and past expirence. so i very well could be wrong

Wregax

Jul 21, 2020
Well, things got royally fucked for me and I can't make heads or tails of it. I'd appreciate some dumbed-down help.

I used to have adobe air installed to play this (v0.8.156), but I recently got a new pc. Now the new download has it's own player, on which my TITS-file save files don't work (it doesn't recognize them).

So I thought of downloading adobe AIR again to play 0.8.156, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do that anymore. The AIRSDK version doesn't have an .exe file to install it, and the runtime version is install only, no other use for SWF files.

I'm really scratching my head on what to do here, guys.

I probably missed a memo somewhere on how to change the save file or something, or that it just doesn't work anymore, but at least getting adobe air to work again should help, also with corruption of champions.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Well, things got royally fucked for me and I can't make heads or tails of it. I'd appreciate some dumbed-down help.

I used to have adobe air installed to play this (v0.8.156), but I recently got a new pc. Now the new download has it's own player, on which my TITS-file save files don't work (it doesn't recognize them).

So I thought of downloading adobe AIR again to play 0.8.156, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to do that anymore. The AIRSDK version doesn't have an .exe file to install it, and the runtime version is install only, no other use for SWF files.

I'm really scratching my head on what to do here, guys.

I probably missed a memo somewhere on how to change the save file or something, or that it just doesn't work anymore, but at least getting adobe air to work again should help, also with corruption of champions.
If there's an option to open it with the debugger then it should still be good for you to play the flash ver so you can import the saves to js ver.

Reactions: Wregax

Wregax

Jul 21, 2020
If there's an option to open it with the debugger then it should still be good for you to play the flash ver so you can import the saves to js ver.
Debugger of what exactly? I currently can't get anything of adobe AIR to open. I'm probably just doing something wrong though.

EDIT: Ah I found the flash player debugger, trying it now.

DOUBLE EDIT: That worked, thank you!

Last edited:

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
DOUBLE EDIT: That worked, thank you!
For the record, you should grab the 8.160 swf off Fenoxo's website and use it to convert your save files to be compatible with tits-js, so you can play the newer javascript-based versions of the game which has some new content and is the only version that will receive new content from now on

Reactions: Wregax

jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
For the record, you should grab the 8.160 swf off Fenoxo's website and use it to convert your save files to be compatible with tits-js, so you can play the newer javascript-based versions of the game which has some new content and is the only version that will receive new content from now on
thats a fair point but the js version also has the worst UI out of the 2 versions

Reactions: Hargan2

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
thats a fair point but the js version also has the worst UI out of the 2 versions
Oh absolutely, I despise the UI, but the fact that the flash version won't get any new content, ever, kind of forces most peoples' hands. There isn't too much new content yet, but at least it's new.

jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
Oh absolutely, I despise the UI, but the fact that the flash version won't get any new content, ever, kind of forces most peoples' hands. There isn't too much new content yet, but at least it's new.
you got me there plus there is a way to somewhat improve the js UI and its to expand the map so it doesnt cover the stats. This does also have the trade off that you will be eating into the spot where the the game dumps the room descriptions.

Reactions: Hargan2

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
you got me there plus there is a way to somewhat improve the js UI and its to expand the map so it doesnt cover the stats. This does also have the trade off that you will be eating into the spot where the the game dumps the room descriptions.
Yeah, I tried that for a bit but eh, I mainly play on a tablet so I'm already kind of starved for screenspace, shrinking it more was just annoying to me.

Last edited:

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
it was either removed or its currently in "lore subspace" waiting to be re-implemented in the javascript version.
iirc it was moved to Kiro's Quest and can be purchased from Po if she fully changes Kiro. It being on Irestead was always temporary, and it's now where it should be

4.00 star(s) 65 Votes