BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
The game stores saves weirdly. I'm not sure what format it uses, but I haven't been able to find them and read them. Your best bet is to load up your save and save it to file in a place you choose.
Weirdly? ... Anyway, the backend is Electron through Chromium (src base for Chrome), so they'll most likely be in AppData/Local or LocalLow or Roaming/tits/ (probably blob_storage) if the author didn't decide to overwrite default behavior. Not hard to find.. As for editing the files, just export from the game and save to desktop, edit with an actual editor (saveeditonline.com for example) and then load the file.

Reactions: jfmherokiller

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Weirdly? ... Anyway, the backend is Electron through Chromium (src base for Chrome), so they'll most likely be in AppData/Local or LocalLow or Roaming/tits/ (probably blob_storage) if the author didn't decide to overwrite default behavior. Not hard to find.. As for editing the files, just export from the game and save to desktop, edit with an actual editor (saveeditonline.com for example) and then load the file.
Weirdly as in I looked in appdata/roaming/tits-html-electron and appdata/roaming/tits (the only tits folders I could find, so I guess I could be missing something) a month or two back, and didn't find a single file that I could concretely correspond to save data. Maybe the format they use makes perfect sense to you, but not to me. And that's okay, because I'm dumb

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Weirdly as in I looked in appdata/roaming/tits-html-electron and appdata/roaming/tits (the only tits folders I could find, so I guess I could be missing something) a month or two back, and didn't find a single file that I could concretely correspond to save data. Maybe the format they use makes perfect sense to you, but not to me. And that's okay, because I'm dumb
Not dumb, just unaware. Electron “powered apps” store saves there by default, though this behavior can be overwritten. In this case, I recall it being in blob_storage, but that is also still Chromium-formatted storage. Export from the game, edit, import back. The only reliable way to do it and no need to bother about locations as well.

Reactions: Hargan2

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Not dumb, just unaware. Electron “powered apps” store saves there by default, though this behavior can be overwritten. In this case, I recall it being in blob_storage, but that is also still Chromium-formatted storage. Export from the game, edit, import back. The only reliable way to do it and no need to bother about locations as well.
Yeah, blob_storage was empty. I'd be curious to know where the data is actually stored. I thought they might be in Local Storage or Session Storage, but nothing is clearly marked as a save file. Just idle curiosity though, exporting a save from in game is the way to go as you said and I have my own folder for storing those.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Yeah, blob_storage was empty. I'd be curious to know where the data is actually stored. I thought they might be in Local Storage or Session Storage, but nothing is clearly marked as a save file. Just idle curiosity though, exporting a save from in game is the way to go as you said and I have my own folder for storing those.
It used to be in blob for some devices (I use Wine on Linux, for example). It won't be “clearly marked” because the backend is Electron on top of Chromium (WEB BROWSER)... Eg it is stored as if it were “stored” inside Firefox or Chromium or Chrome's “data storage for localhost” kind of crap. This is one of the reasons I despise this “call it an app” shit-phase and “web-based apps” garbage. It might also have been in LOG format in Local Storage, I can't recall. (What looks like a .log file is the actual save file or some shit, been a long while.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Hargan2

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
It used to be in blob for some devices (I use Wine on Linux, for example). It won't be “clearly marked” because the backend is Electron on top of Chromium (WEB BROWSER)... Eg it is stored as if it were “stored” inside Firefox or Chromium or Chrome's “data storage for localhost” kind of crap. This is one of the reasons I despise this “call it an app” shit-phase and “web-based apps” garbage.
Fair enough! I'm not a programmer or developer or anything, so none of this kind of stuff makes much sense to me. The most I do is use Notepad++ to edit the content of twine/sugarcube based games. Those are in plain text at least, and the coding is pretty straightforward.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Fair enough! I'm not a programmer or developer or anything, so none of this kind of stuff makes much sense to me. The most I do is use Notepad++ to edit the content of twine/sugarcube based games. Those are in plain text at least, and the coding is pretty straightforward.
I set up a PFX (ignore) and managed to see the only file with the name used for a character I created in AppData/Roaming/tits/IndexedDB/file__0.indexeddb.leveldb/000003.log, so I did indeed forget that it was in the browser LOG formats. Don't bother trying to extract them, pain in the ass. Just export/edit/import, far cleaner that way. You can also enable cheats by creating a new game OR loading a game and *THEN* clicking on the “i”'s top part after opening the Escape menu. You'll see “Cheats have been enabled.” to the top-right. Somewhat limited options, it appears, but it is something of an in-game.

hahaxddd

Apr 2, 2018
I wonder if the android "Port" has been fixed yet.
I considered it unplayable because you can't read what the descriptions of buttons.
EDIT: No they havent. Have they even tested this out? Did they really just throw out the APK, saw it install and decided to call it a day?
The COC2 one works fine but I literally cant see what the button will do!
This is pissing me off. It had been reported on the forums even when the android version released. It's such a half assed port fuck.

Last edited:

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
I considered it unplayable because you can't read what the descriptions of buttons.
EDIT: No they havent. Have they even tested this out? Did they really just throw out the APK, saw it install and decided to call it a day?
This is pissing me off. It had been reported on the forums even when the android version released. It's such a half assed port fuck.
Honestly go onto the bug report forums and report it. I've seen a couple of reports, including my own, so the more people report it the less they can ignore it. In theory. In practice they probably will ignore it anyway, but I'm allowed to hope.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
If I recall, you should be able to go into the options and change text size. Use Accessibility from within Android to magnify the screen after installing, set your size?

Do your browsers allow you to open HTML files? Maybe landscape mode with Firefox would work. Might be responsive CSS design.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
If I recall, you should be able to go into the options and change text size. Use Accessibility from within Android to magnify the screen after installing, set your size?

Do your browsers allow you to open HTML files? Maybe landscape mode with Firefox would work. Might be responsive CSS design.
To clarify, I believe the issue they're talking about is with tooltip pop-ups that provide some context as to what different choices can lead to. They've never worked right for the js Android builds, either popping up for a literal instant or not popping up at all. The game probably expects a mouseover event that a touchscreen can't really provide. The issue is also present when opening the HTML file directly in an android browser, as I've tested it on Chromium

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
To clarify, I believe the issue they're talking about is with tooltip pop-ups that provide some context as to what different choices can lead to. They've never worked right for the js Android builds, either popping up for a literal instant or not popping up at all. The game probably expects a mouseover event that a touchscreen can't really provide. The issue is also present when opening the HTML file directly in an android browser, as I've tested it on Chromium
The CSS/JavaScript can be extended too by simply binding to touch events...should easily be fixable. Provide an example (exact scenario and instructions, and aim around the beginning of the game or a save file), maybe I can make a universal patch tonight.

Reactions: jfmherokiller

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
The CSS/JavaScript can be extended too by simply binding to touch events...should easily be fixable. Provide an example (exact scenario and instructions, and aim around the beginning of the game or a save file), maybe I can make a universal patch tonight.
I'm not 100% sure what you're looking for but hopefully this works. I've included two separate scenarios just to be sure. Apologies for the probably dumb question but are you looking to patch the actual .apk build? Or is this a "you have to use the HTML file from the windows build in your mobile browser for it to work" kind of thing?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The tooltips are more important during dialogue, as they often contain warnings concerning what type of content the option leads to (for example warning people about gay content or other stuff people may not be into, or warnings for potentially game-altering stuff like getting yourself bimbofied or permanently transforming a character.) I didn't include any dialogue scenarios here as it's quicker to do the two options I showed, and unless it uses a completely different system for some reason it should all be the same on the backend.

I also can't really provide screenshots to show how the tooltips act on android because they just sorta pop up and then immediately disappear without any time to read.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
APKs are just zip files. Could easily patch any of the resources and then add to zip, overwrite, redeploy. As for this, what you might need to do is act like you're going to click a button but drag away from it while keeping your finger down. It shouldn't register as a tap, and it may think it is still :hov. I needed an example of where it doesn't work for Android but does for PC, does it do this at the main menu in Android?

Edit: I've installed the APK, I can see what you mean. The CSS does indeed need to be modified, I'll look into where and what and do a patch myself. If it works, I'll provide a shell script for any Linux user to auto-patch if possible.

Last edited:

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
APKs are just zip files. Could easily patch any of the resources and then add to zip, overwrite, redeploy.
I figured, but didn't want to assume.

Edit: I've installed the APK, I can see what you mean. The CSS does indeed need to be modified, I'll look into where and what and do a patch myself. If it works, I'll provide a shell script for any Linux user to auto-patch if possible.
Excellent. If you want, I can help you test that when it's ready (the android fix, not the linux script.) Thank you so much for looking into this, it's been the bane of android users for so long.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
I figured, but didn't want to assume.

Excellent. If you want, I can help you test that when it's ready (the android fix, not the linux script.) Thank you so much for looking into this, it's been the bane of android users for so long.
I found the issue, they're using onMouseOver, specifically:

JavaScript:
return u.createElement("div",
{id:n,
className:e,
title:t,
style:{fill:o},
"data-header":this.props.statusEffect.storageName,
"data-body":this.props.statusEffect.tooltip,
"data-iconclass":this.props.statusEffect.iconName,
"data-remaining":this.props.statusEffect.minutesLeft,
onMouseOver:function(){return window.setTooltipElement(n,
Wu.SU.STATUS_EFFECT)},
onMouseOut:function(){return window.setTooltipElement(null,
Wu.SU.NONE)}},
a,
u.createElement("span",
{className:"focusBorder",
tabIndex:"-1"}))}}]),
o}(u.Component);
They need to use onTouchStart and onTouchEnd. I'll try patching it and testing.

Edit: Progress, initially. At the moment, I can get them to stay up permanently from a tap, but that also triggers the button. I am wondering how I wish do go about this, such as requiring two taps for a button to work, one to show the message, another to actually click. Or just hold+drag off.

Last edited:

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Edit: Progress, initially. At the moment, I can get them to stay up permanently from a tap, but that also triggers the button. I am wondering how I wish do go about this, such as requiring two taps for a button to work, one to show the message, another to actually click. Or just hold+drag off.
I think hold+drag off is how it used to work in the old flash apk builds. That'd be my personal preference rather than having to tap twice, but beggars can't be choosers.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
I think hold+drag off is how it used to work in the old flash apk builds. That'd be my personal preference rather than having to tap twice, but beggars can't be choosers.
Almost exclusively depends on WebView, browser-backend stuff. Google just does whatever the fuck it wants and expects the world to twist. Working out different methods to test. Currently, I've got it to work, except now it doesn't go away unless you click a button. So you can check each button, and they'll just keep showing up multiple. xD It's a slow bitch patching, signing, deploying, installing, launching, testing.

The problem with click-hold is that is for CONTEXT MENU, aka it simulates right-clicking. I don't know if the game uses right-clicks, so I can just intercept long-click and tell it to ignore actually right-clicking and use that to trigger start if Android doesn't fuck that over, too.

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 65 Votes