carlboss159

Sep 14, 2018
Where is json save located in new version of Trials in Tainted Space PC. Put a screenshot of the folder path. Be sure that we can read the screenshot. Remember we need the save location for the new of version of Trials in Tainted Space PC only. And also there's the new logo for the game.
1665705703641.png 1665705494541.png
1665705322837.png

Last edited:

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
@7767, It may be wise to remove a small string in Trials in Tainted Space for future versions, specifically located in: ./resources/app/main.[0-9a-f0]+.js. The developer includes a small watermark that could be used to identify a leaker (it may be cosmetic, may not be).

Actual Line:
JavaScript:
var o="";o+="-BACKER",this.versionIdent="".concat(Gf).concat(o).concat("#".concat("2553"));
If you're familiar with Linux shell or Windows Batch, I'm sure you can just look for BACKER case-sensitively and if only one result is found, then just replace from the first comma after to the first semicolon after with nothing (or fill with semicolons, best if an offset into the file is used for something). It'll end up showing Game Version: 0.9.021-BACKER instead of which backer leaked the zip. It lets everyone know it is a Backer build without saying who leaked. The code normally is obfuscated (mostly for size rather than obfuscation) – I wouldn't rely on the variable names being the same.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
@7767, It may be wise to remove a small string in Trials in Tainted Space for future versions, specifically located in: ./resources/app/main.[0-9a-f0]+.js. The developer includes a small watermark that could be used to identify a leaker (it may be cosmetic, may not be).

Actual Line:
JavaScript:
var o="";o+="-BACKER",this.versionIdent="".concat(Gf).concat(o).concat("#".concat("2553"));
If you're familiar with Linux shell or Windows Batch, I'm sure you can just look for BACKER case-sensitively and if only one result is found, then just replace from the first comma after to the first semicolon after with nothing (or fill with semicolons, best if an offset into the file is used for something). It'll end up showing Game Version: 0.9.021-BACKER instead of which backer leaked the zip. It lets everyone know it is a Backer build without saying who leaked. The code normally is obfuscated (mostly for size rather than obfuscation) – I wouldn't rely on the variable names being the same.
Interesting, I don't think this is the first time Fen's tried something like this to catch leaks. (If that is what this is for) Tagging hentaifelf cause they're the one who grabs the backer builds.

JXSXNBLXCK

Jul 22, 2021
Does anybody know who Sophora is cause she's an in game NPC that's been stalking me everywhere I go and I can't seem to find any information about her on the games' Wiki

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
Interesting, I don't think this is the first time Fen's tried something like this to catch leaks. (If that is what this is for) Tagging hentaifelf cause they're the one who grabs the backer builds.
It can easily be automated at this point. Any future differences in the game could be diffed to determine and play catch-up.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Does anybody know who Sophora is cause she's an in game NPC that's been stalking me everywhere I go and I can't seem to find any information about her on the games' Wiki
one of the newest NPCs to be added. Similar to Jasvalla, she appears once you do some shit on Zheng Shi and stalks you all over the place afterwards. afaik there is a way to permanently disable her, I just forget what it is atm.

Great Sudoku

Feb 25, 2019
You can disable Sophora, but you have to do it after beating her on your first encounter with her. Select "she's crazy" after you defeat her in combat that first time, and it effectively removes Sophora from the game. If she's already stalking you, you'll need to load a save from before your first encounter with her in order to do this.

Reactions: JXSXNBLXCK

JXSXNBLXCK

Jul 22, 2021
one of the newest NPCs to be added. Similar to Jasvalla, she appears once you do some shit on Zheng Shi and stalks you all over the place afterwards. afaik there is a way to permanently disable her, I just forget what it is atm.
Thanks I was confused for a moment there cause I couldn't find any info on her and she kinda freaked me out on my first encounter not to mention she gives off mad Mr. X vibes except for the huge ass cock she's sporting but who am I to judge

ctenken

Feb 14, 2018

Actual Line:
JavaScript:
That's just the "real" version number which I think just increments by one each time the game is built.

Reactions: Wavering

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
the watermarking is a good idea but it does serve the same purpose as those watermarks on physical media like movies.
“Good idea” only for developers attempting to track down leakers. That's also the only purpose it serves in this case. Not sure of the reason for the reply, honest. Then again, I have a migraine right now.

mucktriforce

Feb 28, 2020
hey i cant find my save files like anywhere, i have searched my roaming folder up and down and havent found em. does the windows version of the game store it somewhere else?

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
hey i cant find my save files like anywhere, i have searched my roaming folder up and down and havent found em. does the windows version of the game store it somewhere else?
The game stores saves weirdly. I'm not sure what format it uses, but I haven't been able to find them and read them. Your best bet is to load up your save and save it to file in a place you choose.

4.00 star(s) 65 Votes