Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Is there any way to extract saves from the android version without root? Im on an old version, .021, and the save to file button doesn't work. I can't update to 0.030 either because i get an error about incompatible packages.... I heard the only fix is just deleting the game and reinstalling, and i'd rather not lose my savefile. Is there a newer version of the game that will allow me to extract the savefiles? (And that will actually install?)
I had this exact issue and unfortunately even after troubleshooting and trying everything I could think of to either update the game or extract a save file, nothing worked. Your only option is to uninstall the app and install the new version. On the plus side, the newer builds have finally fixed saving to file (at least for me and some others) so you won't have to lose your saves again.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
Public service announcement for anyone who's confused:
If you are using the public version of the game, you do not need the imagepack. The imagepack is just higher resolution images of what's already in the game, and adds nothing new. The public builds will not actually use those higher resolutions images even if they are present, so you gain nothing.

If you have a backer build, the image pack is actually useful, but since no backer build seems to have been leaked here, it's useless.

throbzombie

Oct 15, 2020
Now players win pushes in Blackjack, whereas a push in actual Blackjack is a no-win. I mean, I'm complaining since it means I have to load less often, but I don't know why they didn't use the actual rules to start with, instead of stacking the game against the player.

Feb 13, 2019
Just popped by to check in, and dear lord the compression quality on the imagepacks is disgraceful.

Even at x4 (which I had to do a lot of hacking to download), they look like JPEG-y messes of pixels and chroma blur and blockiness.

They're lossy webp compressed, btw. The old imagepack setup was mostly PNG's and higher quality JPEG's.

I'm appalled. Using a backer build of 0.9.029 to test.

m not even sure if I can make the game use the imagepack, but I still managed to download everything in it and just viewing them standalone sucks.)

To those of you not using the image pack, you aren't missing much at all. The old imagepacks were objectively better in every way except file sizes.

Been messing around with URL manipulation to see if they even host the source files, and it doesn't look like they do.

Of course, they were included in the source code BACK WHEN THEY SHARED THAT. So very old images are safe.

Last edited:

hentaifelf

Mar 26, 2018
Just popped by to check in, and dear lord the compression quality on the imagepacks is disgraceful.

Even at x4 (which I had to do a lot of hacking to download), they look like JPEG-y messes of pixels and chroma blur and blockiness.

They're lossy webp compressed, btw. The old imagepack setup was mostly PNG's and higher quality JPEG's.

I'm appalled. Using a backer build of 0.9.029 to test.

m not even sure if I can make the game use the imagepack, but I still managed to download everything in it and just viewing them standalone sucks.)

To those of you not using the image pack, you aren't missing much at all. The old imagepacks were objectively better in every way except file sizes.

Been messing around with URL manipulation to see if they even host the source files, and it doesn't look like they do.

Of course, they were included in the source code BACK WHEN THEY SHARED THAT. So very old images are safe.
I'll check

hentaifelf

Mar 26, 2018
9.030 with all images (uses a bit stronger compression than usual since i threw everything together so I don't have to tell people what to do. with that in mind, index.html users can rejoice)

Edit: oh and I'm pretty sure that webp has been a thing for a while. every build since html that has been rolled out that I posted had images at webp format. someone can confirm whether or not the images I posted has a higher quality than current backers.
Edit 2: new update released lmfao, might update tmrw, who knows

Last edited:

Volca

Jul 5, 2018
So is there any sign or existence of a proper working save editor that actually has all options useable and editable? The one that's linked in the OP won't let me edit my character's genitals or perks at all.

Last time I played this game I ended up cheating in a bunch of items and RNG saving and loading after using them to get the desired effects, but I lost my save file due to issues since then. All I remember was that it was quite a hassle and would prefer an easier method.

Jan 28, 2018
So is there any sign or existence of a proper working save editor that actually has all options useable and editable? The one that's linked in the OP won't let me edit my character's genitals or perks at all.

Last time I played this game I ended up cheating in a bunch of items and RNG saving and loading after using them to get the desired effects, but I lost my save file due to issues since then. All I remember was that it was quite a hassle and would prefer an easier method.
While not as elegant. There are two ways to save edit. Both involve using the console while in game. One is to open it with Ctrl + Shift + I (or O I forget sometimes), then type in - flags -and press Enter to see the flag values. Another again to open the console, same as before, but copy paste this:

Edit: Blasted auto emoji is inserting itself into the code. So go to this link instead to see the instructions

A new sidebar should open up and you can edit appearances here. I have no input for the issue of perks though, sorry. Hope it helps regardless.

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
Waiting for someone to upload the hotfix since the looping has already tried to kill my save.

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
A new sidebar should open up and you can edit appearances here. I have no input for the issue of perks though, sorry. Hope it helps regardless.

I have limited info on perk editing, which I posted here:
Instead of editing the save file directly you can use the console (f12 for most browsers or ctrl+shift+I inside the electron app)
The syntax is pretty simple, someone laid it out on fen's forum and I'll paste it here (with some comments of my own for further explanation)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Apr 1, 2021

The linked save editor is incomplete. is a more completed version.

Jan 28, 2018
The linked save editor is incomplete. is a more completed version.
This version is definitely more user friendly, however after testing both, some aspects of the save editor does not work. Especially the flags tab. With Algorhythm's in attempting to restart the Frostwyrm event, after resetting the values the event does not activate and goes on as normal. Whereas with the other one, it does work

I don't know if it has been fixed yet for algorthym's but for the most part Chase's does work.

4.00 star(s) 66 Votes