4.00 star(s) 26 Votes

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
uhm....all the warning about how dangerous was arrive at the tower.. the banshee, the undead, the deadly wind full of spirits that would kill everyone...and than?? nothing at all?? MC do a easy hike in the wood (where is the damned lake vanished???) with is Pet, walk into the tower without a problem, no ward triggered, no traps, nothing apart 1 undead killed with a fireball....2 updates of preparation and hype and we got this?? i love talothral and his games, but this was a big delusion this time.....

Last edited:

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
uhm....all the warning about how dangerous was arrive at the tower.. the banshee, the undead, the deadly wind full of spirits that would kill everyone...and than?? nothing at all?? MC do a eassy tracking in the wood (where is the damned lake vanished???) with is Pet, walk into the tower without a problem, no ward triggered, no traps, nothing apart 1 undead killed with a fireball....2 updates of preparation and hype and we got this?? i love talothral and his games, but this was a big delusion this time.....
I got the impression that the easy of it was kinda dependent on past decisions. Like we were given the magic body paint that protected us from lots of stuff. Then the advice from the fairy. The ogres were originally one of the hazards on the way to the tower and they were turned to friends/allies. There was also the ward just before the necromancer. and after him the demon.

I'm not saying there was a lot of stuff going on, but I think it'd be unfair to expect a full DnD style dungeon tower climb.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I got the impression that the easy of it was kinda dependent on past decisions. Like we were given the magic body paint that protected us from lots of stuff. Then the advice from the fairy. The ogres were originally one of the hazards on the way to the tower and they were turned to friends/allies. There was also the ward just before the necromancer. and after him the demon.

I'm not saying there was a lot of stuff going on, but I think it'd be unfair to expect a full DnD style dungeon tower climb.
Kinda reminded me about the final boss fight in TR:S2, we walked in and more or less one-shotted the boss :) I loved it after all that build up it was over in seconds. I love shit like that :)

Reactions: haooni

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Kinda reminded me about the final boss fight in TR:S2, we walked in and more or less one-shotted the boss :) I loved it after all that build up it was over in seconds. I love shit like that :)
I'm not a big fan of that type of stuff especially not with final bosses. It can be really good and or really funny but it really depends on the situation. I can't remember the end of TR:S2. There's a boss in one of the new starwars games that you think is going to be a serious fight but as he charges towards you down a long narrow hallway he trips and instantly dies. That's great and funny.

One thing I'll typically be pretty forgiving of for VNs is power scaling for narrative reasons. While we're "pretty far" in update terms, we're on update 19, story wise we're, to me, still pretty much at the start or not that far past it. Like we're still in the middle of establishing our home base. We can't be too powerful because we need room to grow into, and as a consequence the enemies we deal with can't can't be too powerful either.

Like the necromancer we just fought, elf or not, he couldn't be too strong or he'd reasonably one shot us. Game and story over.
As it stands, inuniverse it makes sense for his tower to not be overburdened with defenses. The tower is surrounded by natural defenses. Wolves, A cave the kills mages, Ogres, the haunted lake. Having a room filled with zombies and a roaming super zombie on the lower levels is perfectly reasonable. And they have a ward on the door to the room they're actually doing everything in.

Like imagine how badly all this would have gone for anyone other than MC. Like a random mage who decided they want to claim that tower. They'd be dead half a dozen times before even seeing the necromancer, not sure how fit to fight they'd be if they lived long enough to get that door open.

You know what, I'm gonna plug in my external hard drive, load the game and do everything wrong in the tower, see what happens. i expect it'll probably kill me like drinking the power potion for the Orc Chief fight

Last edited:
Reactions: Horny Toad

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
You know what, I'm gonna plug in my external hard drive, load the game and do everything wrong in the tower, see what happens. i expect it'll probably kill me like drinking the power potion for the Orc Chief fight
Well I was right, do everything wrong and you die. Which makes sense, I'd have been disappointed if it was otherwise.
There are 4 choices to be made in the tower.
Doing all four wrong kills you.
Doing the first three wrong, but the forth correctly, you survive but I'd kinda expect consequences later in .20 or maybe later. Or maybe you get off scot free, who knows.

The point is, the tower is not without its hazards, and those hazards have consequences.

Will most people get the kill screen? Probably not, but I think there's be riots if the choices and consequences were too labyrinthine with kill screens being everywhere, so it's probably for the best.

4.00 star(s) 26 Votes