4.00 star(s) 31 Votes

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
I wonder what was the reason to make the story take such a sharp turn somewhere around 0.17 towards protagonist being a halfwit pushover.
For some reason you just go to a greenskin village - should've just refused outright, there was no arguement for going with them in the first place - then all characters are captured somehow by those barbaric tribesmen and do not resist, and then oh no you "failed to convince us so now you die".
WTF, Talothral?
Nope, not gonna get thread banned for this.......

Of to The List!™ with you!!!

CelestialRQ

Aug 10, 2023
I keep getting this error, if I try looking at Ayaka's Codex entry after her first lewd scene with the MC. dunno what the issue is, tbh.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/codexMC.rpy", line 382, in execute
  File "game/codexMC.rpy", line 386, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 820, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 829, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 832, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 838, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 841, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 872, in execute
  File "game/codexMC.rpy", line 398, in execute
  File "game/codexMC.rpy", line 425, in execute
  File "game/codexMC.rpy", line 429, in execute
NameError: name 'AyakaPreganant' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "D:\ISOs\Stash\ToaM-0.20.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\ISOs\Stash\ToaM-0.20.0-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "D:\ISOs\Stash\ToaM-0.20.0-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\ISOs\Stash\ToaM-0.20.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "D:\ISOs\Stash\ToaM-0.20.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "D:\ISOs\Stash\ToaM-0.20.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "D:\ISOs\Stash\ToaM-0.20.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "D:\ISOs\Stash\ToaM-0.20.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "D:\ISOs\Stash\ToaM-0.20.0-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "D:\ISOs\Stash\ToaM-0.20.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "D:\ISOs\Stash\ToaM-0.20.0-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 829, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 832, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 838, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 841, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 872, in execute
  File "game/codexMC.rpy", line 398, in execute
  File "game/codexMC.rpy", line 425, in execute
  File "game/codexMC.rpy", line 429, in execute
  File "<screen language>", line 429, in <module>
NameError: name 'AyakaPreganant' is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Tribulations of a Mage 0.20.0
Fri Aug 23 18:12:01 2024

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
I keep getting this error, if I try looking at Ayaka's Codex entry after her first lewd scene with the MC. dunno what the issue is, tbh.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Short answer: Ren'py
Long answer: Ren'py deleted a variable on rollback for that particular save.

That being said it works from the main menu without save being loaded (or potentially from older save). Should be fixed in 0.21.0 at least until it decides to delete it the next time. The variable isn't meaningful at the moment as it isn't used yet.

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021

Hello all!

Friday and progress post!

Rendering... that is in okay state, count wise I'm behind, relation to the script? I'm where I need to be. One of those updates that doesn't have huge count of renders.

Writing in other hand, it's on schedule. I have some doubts of the section I'm writing, but that's because what the characters say at the moment isn't exactly true but it is what they know and think is true. Eh, it will be fine, world building and things.

1724435470677.png

Camping in the forest, again. I decided to take a smaller group to the north. Why is explained in the game. And partially, it's more easier to get one on one time that makes sense with some of the cast. Anyway that's it for today. I'll take a short break and do stuff. Have a great weekend you all.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1724447007039.png
Happy hollydays, Talothral ! we be spinning our theories in your name!

What in the world is that tiny impractical cloth on a stick in the background? Bagheera does not even fit in there and our firy fairy would certainly rather hug a tree or sleep in our pocket than risk sunburn or moskeeto bites in that abomination.

Tomas has a huge tent on him and also a number of mages to assist in making a true hut outta the surrounding materials:
even on naked and afraid the naked participants who were adept in using tools and the environment would make a pretty good shelter in their first hours of camping.

This is not about modern day idiotic nonsense of putting up a small tent and then screwing around observing nature.
Tomas has actual tools to camp like actual envoy for the Emperor - why are we treated to tiny impractical joke shacks?

Reactions: kcaldw and D Dog

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
View attachment 3960992

What in the world is that tiny impractical cloth on a stick in the background? Bagheera does not even fit in there and our firy fairy would certainly rather hug a tree or sleep in our pocket than risk sunburn or moskeeto bites in that abomination.

Tomas has a huge tent on him and also a number of mages to assist in making a true hut outta the surrounding materials:
even on naked and afraid the naked participants who were adept in using tools and the environment would make a pretty good shelter in their first hours of camping.

This is not about modern day idiotic nonsense of putting up a small tent and then screwing around observing nature.
Tomas has actual tools to camp like actual envoy for the Emperor - why are we treated to tiny impractical joke shacks?
Looks like a berber bedouin shelter, probably something Riya is used to carrying and using during the day to povide shelter from the sun

Reactions: Talothral

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
View attachment 3960992

Those larger tents require a chest to store them, you can see one near the alchemy bench in Tomas's tent. And large chests tend to be cumbersome to carry and not ideal when you want to move fast. Could use magic, yes, but not always the best option. And that being said, as oaiki said they are more desert style shelters. But that particular design is fairly common globally because it is simple and easy to put up when you aren't looking to stay for long. EDIT: I think I even used a similar style in the army while in the wilderness survival training, just made it out of the rain cloak that I had, yes cloak, not coat. Was fine for the few hours of sleep needed before moving to another location.

Truthfully, I would prefer using bedrolls, but unfortunately haven't been able to even kit bash unrolled one that looks proper, or even close to something that is rolled up. Not that there are rolled sleeping rolls that aren't attached to saddles or carts (yes, I know of one, it's old (made almost 20 years ago) and it's going to be a hit or a miss with older meshes. Sometimes they work with a bit texture work, sometimes even that doesn't save them because the mesh itself isn't that good.)

But ultimately, I only can use what is available or I can kit bash. Even trying to find something that isn't a modern backpack or bag that can be used is a more difficult task than one could think. Or even a bag that you could carry relatively easily. The one that Tomas uses is about the only one in "suitable" style. There is one bag that you carry in your hands but it's a viking hunting bag, those were used for small game. Then there was one backpack that was in maybe category. But, if I recall correctly, it had mesh issues and I think I just couldn't make it fit properly at the time.

Unfortunately those kinds of items aren't on high priority for the people who make the assets because they don't sell. So I do what I can with what I have and can acquire...

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Those larger tents require a chest to store them, you can see one near the alchemy bench in Tomas's tent. And large chests tend to be cumbersome to carry and not ideal when you want to move fast. Could use magic, yes, but not always the best option. And that being said, as oaiki said they are more desert style shelters. But that particular design is fairly common globally because it is simple and easy to put up when you aren't looking to stay for long. EDIT: I think I even used a similar style in the army while in the wilderness survival training, just made it out of the rain cloak that I had, yes cloak, not coat. Was fine for the few hours of sleep needed before moving to another location.

Truthfully, I would prefer using bedrolls, but unfortunately haven't been able to even kit bash unrolled one that looks proper, or even close to something that is rolled up. Not that there are rolled sleeping rolls that aren't attached to saddles or carts (yes, I know of one, it's old (made almost 20 years ago) and it's going to be a hit or a miss with older meshes. Sometimes they work with a bit texture work, sometimes even that doesn't save them because the mesh itself isn't that good.)

But ultimately, I only can use what is available or I can kit bash. Even trying to find something that isn't a modern backpack or bag that can be used is a more difficult task than one could think. Or even a bag that you could carry relatively easily. The one that Tomas uses is about the only one in "suitable" style. There is one bag that you carry in your hands but it's a viking hunting bag, those were used for small game. Then there was one backpack that was in maybe category. But, if I recall correctly, it had mesh issues and I think I just couldn't make it fit properly at the time.

Unfortunately those kinds of items aren't on high priority for the people who make the assets because they don't sell. So I do what I can with what I have and can acquire...
Looks bit like simple lean-to, but just using canvas rather than branches and leaves to give shelter. Pretty much simple shelter that protects from rain, sun and wind if you position it correctly.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Looks bit like simple lean-to, but just using canvas rather than branches and leaves to give shelter. Pretty much simple shelter that protects from rain, sun and wind if you position it correctly.
Aye, it's those designs that you put up quickly. Rocks in the corners and edges, and some stick propping the front up. It's one of those things you can put up in sudden rain. And that's meant more for one or two persons at max (that's why there is two of them in the scene, just one isn't seen from that angle. Might add third... who knows.)

The android version doesn't work
Give permissions manually, it stopped asking them ages ago.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
I have the game installed and when I open the game it stays for two seconds and close
Yes, that happens if the permissions aren't given. Thus you need to give them manually from the app settings. (Settings > Apps => Find Tribulations of a Mage, and permissions, it doesn't have any but it needs access to the files)

Reactions: Fscrosh

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Just wanted to say, never a fan of any of your other works (though never tried TR2) and was hessitant to try this one given that, however, I'm very glad I did. Can only say excellent work Talothral, really enjoyed the story, characters and the overall world.

Certainly gained a fan of this particular VN at least.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Just wanted to say, never a fan of any of your other works (though never tried TR2) and was hessitant to try this one given that, however, I'm very glad I did. Can only say excellent work Talothral, really enjoyed the story, characters and the overall world.

Certainly gained a fan of this particular VN at least.
and now you're more inclined to try the others :sneaky:

4.00 star(s) 31 Votes