4.00 star(s) 31 Votes

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
If this has been asked before, I apologize...
but in my play through, I find I missed one of the 'secret' images....just ONE...dammit...way back and I'd like to go back and find it myself, but there doesn't seem to be any 'hidden links' showing during my replays and I'm not sure where I missed it. It's number 13, or row 3, no 1 (the one before five girls praying and bathing in a still water pool) and all I'd like to know is where about in the story do I start looking for it. Can anybody give me a clue?

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
but in my play through, I find I missed one of the 'secret' images....just ONE...dammit...way back and I'd like to go back and find it myself, but there doesn't seem to be any 'hidden links' showing during my replays and I'm not sure where I missed it. It's number 13, or row 3, no 1 (the one before five girls praying and bathing in a still water pool) and all I'd like to know is where about in the story do I start looking for it. Can anybody give me a clue?
I had that problem myself. Here is how to fix it.

1. Go to 'Preferences'
2. Go to 'Extras'
3. Go to 'Debug'
4. Select the images you missed and unlock them

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Yes. During update 0.8.0, before Tomas is shot..

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
I had that problem myself. Here is how to fix it.

1. Go to 'Preferences'
2. Go to 'Extras'
3. Go to 'Debug'
4. Select the images you missed and unlock them
My thanks to your, Sir! I never would have found that little bugger!!
It's satisfying to see the image I missed.
I guess I'll just have to wonder where the heck it was in the game.

cheers

Reactions: Ramagar

professorx10

Game Developer
Jul 22, 2018
Yes. During update 0.8.0, before Tomas is shot..
Aha.... Ok I'll re-lock that one and go back and see if I can find it, just to satisfy my OCD...er ODC...whatever
BTW, my kudos to you, sir. I think putting hidden images in the game to identify is a fun little extra. If I may suggest, although they are beautiful images, if they were actually related to the place/characters/action taking place where they're "hidden" it would enhance their interest even more...IMHO.

Uh... They needn't be H-scenes, but perhaps cheescake of the characters? ...or other interesting poses? just a wild thought

Reactions: Talothral

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Aha.... Ok I'll re-lock that one and go back and see if I can find it, just to satisfy my OCD...er ODC...whatever
BTW, my kudos to you, sir. I think putting hidden images in the game to identify is a fun little extra. If I may suggest, although they are beautiful images, if they were actually related to the place/characters/action taking place where they're "hidden" it would enhance their interest even more...IMHO.
Some of them are some way, at times it isn't plausible to do so (like the image of Ayakas' father being arrested no real opportunity for that then). That particular image we are talking about relates to Atrix though, and Atrix is related to the scene in question. And the next one is the ladies' doing a ritual? The one who is kneeling is Eshe, just with dusty skin. And where it was found relates to things she is looking for.

Reactions: professorx10

Ramagar

Nov 19, 2017
No problem...and thanks anyway. ...and he responded to my query also....so fast I couldn't believe it...so I had to thank him as well.

never have I had such quick response!! Cheers to you both!!
Talothral usually does quick responses. Why he is one of the better devs on here. He actually wants to make his game play better and answer questions.

Ge0rgy

Sep 10, 2018
Hi there, i have sort of a tehnical and unusual question.
Iam travelling by caravan nowadays and playing renpy-games on a raspberry pi 5 on the caravans TV (cheap computer being able to run on DC power easily)
As mst renpy games do not include the libs for linux aarch64, i tries to run them via the launcher of the renpy-environment itself (renpy-8.2.3-sdkarm)
While this works for some of the renpy-games it does not work good with this one.
The game itself starts i can view the menu and the secrets etc. but when i load my saves (or try to start a new playthrough) i get a renpy-error:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 143, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 147, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 168, in execute
  File "game/screens.rpy", line 168, in <module>
TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'NoneType' and 'float'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "/home/chris/Downloads/renpy-8.2.3-sdkarm/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 359, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "/home/chris/Downloads/renpy-8.2.3-sdkarm/renpy/main.py", line 637, in main
    run(restart)
  File "/home/chris/Downloads/renpy-8.2.3-sdkarm/renpy/main.py", line 145, in run
    renpy.execution.run_context(True)
  File "/home/chris/Downloads/renpy-8.2.3-sdkarm/renpy/execution.py", line 955, in run_context
    context.run()
  File "script.rpyc", line 129, in script
  File "lib/python3.9/future/utils/__init__.py", line 444, in raise_
  File "/home/chris/Downloads/renpy-8.2.3-sdkarm/renpy/ast.py", line 1617, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(None, "\n".join(narration), interact=False)
  File "/home/chris/Downloads/renpy-8.2.3-sdkarm/renpy/exports.py", line 1494, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/chris/Downloads/renpy-8.2.3-sdkarm/renpy/character.py", line 1394, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "/home/chris/Downloads/renpy-8.2.3-sdkarm/renpy/character.py", line 1045, in do_display
    display_say(who,
  File "/home/chris/Downloads/renpy-8.2.3-sdkarm/renpy/character.py", line 686, in display_say
    what_text = renpy.display.screen.get_widget(what_text[0], what_text[1], what_text[2])
  File "/home/chris/Downloads/renpy-8.2.3-sdkarm/renpy/display/screen.py", line 1534, in get_displayable
    screen.update()
  File "/home/chris/Downloads/renpy-8.2.3-sdkarm/renpy/display/screen.py", line 697, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)

Linux-6.6.31+rpt-rpi-2712-aarch64-with-glibc2.36 aarch64
Ren'Py 8.2.3.24061702
Tribulations of a Mage 0.20.0
Thu Aug 22 11:26:39 2024
So my question is, am i using the wrong Version of renpy or is there anything else going on that prevents me from running this game this way?
For example "Shattered Minds", downnloaded from this very site, runs flawlessly with my approach, but Tribulations of a Mage doesn't.
Can maybe some of the more tech savy people here give me a hint? - Thanks in Advance.

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Hi there, i have sort of a tehnical and unusual question.
Iam travelling by caravan nowadays and playing renpy-games on a raspberry pi 5 on the caravans TV (cheap computer being able to run on DC power easily)
As mst renpy games do not include the libs for linux aarch64, i tries to run them via the launcher of the renpy-environment itself (renpy-8.2.3-sdkarm)
While this works for some of the renpy-games it does not work good with this one.
The game itself starts i can view the menu and the secrets etc. but when i load my saves (or try to start a new playthrough) i get a renpy-error:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "/home/chris/Downloads/renpy-8.2.3-sdkarm/renpy/bootstrap.py", line 359, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "/home/chris/Downloads/renpy-8.2.3-sdkarm/renpy/main.py", line 637, in main
    run(restart)
  File "/home/chris/Downloads/renpy-8.2.3-sdkarm/renpy/main.py", line 145, in run
    renpy.execution.run_context(True)
  File "/home/chris/Downloads/renpy-8.2.3-sdkarm/renpy/execution.py", line 955, in run_context
    context.run()
  File "lib/python3.9/future/utils/__init__.py", line 444, in raise_
  File "/home/chris/Downloads/renpy-8.2.3-sdkarm/renpy/ast.py", line 1617, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(None, "\n".join(narration), interact=False)
  File "/home/chris/Downloads/renpy-8.2.3-sdkarm/renpy/exports.py", line 1494, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "/home/chris/Downloads/renpy-8.2.3-sdkarm/renpy/character.py", line 1394, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "/home/chris/Downloads/renpy-8.2.3-sdkarm/renpy/character.py", line 1045, in do_display
    display_say(who,
  File "/home/chris/Downloads/renpy-8.2.3-sdkarm/renpy/character.py", line 686, in display_say
    what_text = renpy.display.screen.get_widget(what_text[0], what_text[1], what_text[2])
  File "/home/chris/Downloads/renpy-8.2.3-sdkarm/renpy/display/screen.py", line 1534, in get_displayable
    screen.update()
  File "/home/chris/Downloads/renpy-8.2.3-sdkarm/renpy/display/screen.py", line 697, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)

Linux-6.6.31+rpt-rpi-2712-aarch64-with-glibc2.36 aarch64
Ren'Py 8.2.3.24061702
Tribulations of a Mage 0.20.0
Thu Aug 22 11:26:39 2024
So my question is, am i using the wrong Version of renpy or is there anything else going on that prevents me from running this game this way?
For example "Shattered Minds", downnloaded from this very site, runs flawlessly with my approach, but Tribulations of a Mage doesn't.
Can maybe some of the more tech savy people here give me a hint? - Thanks in Advance.
ToaM was made with ren'py 7.3.5, so you might want to try the 7 series SDK over 8 since the lines it references seems to be default ren'py say window that hasn't been modified, at least I don't have a recollection of modifying them.

Reactions: gojira667

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
and no harem yet either, just going to that direction.
nah its already at the harem stage , ayaka and eirlys have talked about it and it seems the whole if not most off party is fully aware thomas(mc) is with other women proactively.

the only thing you can say that it isn't a "true" harem yet is because there hasn't been a open discussion about it with all at the same time.

4.00 star(s) 31 Votes