4.00 star(s) 32 Votes

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
Fair enough. However, the lighting transition is very harsh and it looks bad. :unsure: I don't recall seeing another sequence like this either.
Camera angles, angle of the light(s), move any of them and you might create other issues. The wings aren't exactly helping things since they do create extra shadows, block portion of the light and add certain tint at places because they are emissive as well (and can get in the way so pose set is limited). In the end, it's what looked the best out of the possibilities that were tried out.

Reactions: pitao and gojira667

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
You know you could always bathe the scene in absolute light because fae folk create white light tears in the fabric of space and time when they appear. Put a bright cloud of light time tears right on top of MC or have it hover around the babe where she is aconstantly bathed in light ... would that solve the problem?
Camera angles, angle of the light(s), move any of them and you might create other issues. The wings aren't exactly helping things since they do create extra shadows, block portion of the light and add certain tint at places because they are emissive as well

Reactions: pitao

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
well his harem lacks underworlder atm.
you mean the type that in this story narrative the MC is actively trying to combat and in the grand scheme (war of souls thing) is like the endgame narrative you're trying to prevent?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
you mean the type that in this story narrative the MC is actively trying to combat and in the grand scheme (war of souls thing) is like the endgame narrative you're trying to prevent?
well yes but good demon wouldn't hurt game. some demons don't care that war of souls.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
well yes but good demon wouldn't hurt game. some demons don't care that war of souls.
no they only want to consume/posses your soul and/or body when your summoning spell goes wrong,
this isn't the rings of power where the orcs just really want be left alone and do evil shit in their own lands.
the demons & necromancers are a evil race in the story and at every mention they were represented as pure evil.
and the story should not deviate from this just to cater to some people's "demon girl" fetish IMO

the only way i could see it work is you have big negative karma and then somehow manage to flip the script on a succubus when she's coming for soul when summoned or something like that
essentially a enslaved demon due to some magic or the "true name" gimmick.
but i'd be against it, this VN has a clear good vs evil narrative.

there are enough vn's that do cater to the demon fetish.

• Haha
Reactions: cxx

Talothral

Game Developer
Jul 8, 2020
You know you could always bathe the scene in absolute light because fae folk create white light tears in the fabric of space and time when they appear. Put a bright cloud of light time tears right on top of MC or have it hover around the babe where she is aconstantly bathed in light ... would that solve the problem?
That would depend on a scene and environment. Overall, the "best" for that would be outdoors around midnight (aka dark) then it would create a nice contrast overall. In interiors, it becomes more of a problem because there are a lot of reflective surfaces in them.

Truth to be told, lightning tends to be the most time-consuming thing to do while rendering. You want it to look natural, but at the same time, you want to people to actually see what is happening. Combining the two isn't the easiest task at times.

Demons require devouring souls and life energies (read that as eating people alive) just to stay on the physical plane. There is no such thing as a "good demon" in ToaM world... Succubus would have sex with you yes, but the moment you climax she would rip your heart out from your chest and eat it while you are still alive for those few seconds watching it. Then she would eat the rest of the body...

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
Demons require devouring souls and life energies (read that as eating people alive) just to stay on the physical plane. There is no such thing as a "good demon" in ToaM world... Succubus would have sex with you yes, but the moment you climax she would rip your heart out from your chest and eat it while you are still alive for those few seconds watching it. Then she would eat the rest of the body...
1725630791767.jpeg

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021

Hello all!

One of those annoying days, and definitely getting a cold, constantly sleepy, irritated and I tend to be more annoyed over the smallest things, and more achy than usual. Meh. Anyway, how are things going?

Rendering is in the "Damn it! I'm so behind schedule"-phases simply because of some renders taking longer than I would like. But in reality, if I check the script, it is in decent shape overall for Friday of the first week of rendering.

Writing is going, that's what I really can say about that, it's all in my mind just need to get it out in the right order. But if I know myself it's where it needs to be come Monday.

1725643559383.png

And then planning the heist... I mean invasion... no, wait... How to sneaking in to a dwarf capital city. There, that's better. Malgrin and Maevra decided to ask Rielle's input on the matter, she is after all a thief. The plan still needs few details ironed out, especially since there was certain someone who throw a sizable wrench in to other plans.

Anyway, have a great weekend you all.

4.00 star(s) 32 Votes