pochops

Jul 4, 2020
New release is coming next week.

Azrayal
MAY 20, 2021 AT 9:17 AM
Bad news and good news...

Hello friends.

The bad news is that I will not be publishing any more previews for v0.09a. Which means the good news is, if there are no last minute glitches, I will be publishing the first early access release sometime next week, and possibly the second too.

There's still a little work for me to complete, but I am very confident it will be finished shortly.

I hope you will enjoy the update.

Stay safe and have fun!

Azrayal

Azrayal

Game Developer
May 31, 2018
Well, early access released!
It has, but there is a slight problem with it. I'll paste the text I've written on the early access post...

"Hello friends, good and not so good news I'm afraid...

***IMPORTANT*** I appear to have screwed something up in this update, which causes the game to crash, with a rollback error, when trying to load a saved game from v0.07a and v0.08a. If you choose, "Ignore", the game restarts from the beginning. Any saved games prior to v0.07a seem to work fine.

I spent most of yesterday reading up on this error and trying to figure out what I may have done wrong, as I thought I hadn't done anything differently to the previous seven updates. I think I may now have figured out what caused the problem, not totally sure, but hopefully there will be no repeat of this in the future.

To cause the least amount of hassle as possible, I will also link a zip containing two saved game files. One for the end of v0.08a, which continues the relationship with Julia, and one for the end of v0.06a, where you need to choose how your relationship with Julia progresses, for those who decided they don't want it to go any further. Then auto-skip!

Sorry about this, but I guess it's all a part of the learning process."

I'm still not 100% certain what caused the error, but at the time it occurred I went back to an earlier save and just continued on with the update. If I had researched the error message when it initially occurred, I may have been able to correct it, sadly, this wasn't the case. Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

GaboCAP

Jun 7, 2018
It has, but there is a slight problem with it. I'll paste the text I've written on the early access post...

"Hello friends, good and not so good news I'm afraid...

***IMPORTANT*** I appear to have screwed something up in this update, which causes the game to crash, with a rollback error, when trying to load a saved game from v0.07a and v0.08a. If you choose, "Ignore", the game restarts from the beginning. Any saved games prior to v0.07a seem to work fine.

I spent most of yesterday reading up on this error and trying to figure out what I may have done wrong, as I thought I hadn't done anything differently to the previous seven updates. I think I may now have figured out what caused the problem, not totally sure, but hopefully there will be no repeat of this in the future.

To cause the least amount of hassle as possible, I will also link a zip containing two saved game files. One for the end of v0.08a, which continues the relationship with Julia, and one for the end of v0.06a, where you need to choose how your relationship with Julia progresses, for those who decided they don't want it to go any further. Then auto-skip!

I'm still not 100% certain what caused the error, but at the time it occurred I went back to an earlier save and just continued on with the update. If I had researched the error message when it initially occurred, I may have been able to correct it, sadly, this wasn't the case. Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Live and learn. Thanks for your game my friend.

Reactions: Azrayal

Content_Consumer

Dec 24, 2019
I have to say, if in this update we aren't able to get rid of those traitorous family members [sister, mother .etc] then I'm probably not going to be able to stick with this VN any longer.
It was bad enough last update where the sister and mother were allowed to even enter the house, much less anything else, but if they don't get gone this time, its going to be too much.

Even if you exclude anything to do with the MC, the daughter alone suffered enough of that betrayal for it to be unforgivable.

The sister, mother and whoever else knew where the daughter and MC were all that time and didn't tell either of them the truth can never be trusted again.

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
I have to say, if in this update we aren't able to get rid of those traitorous family members [sister, mother .etc] then I'm probably not going to be able to stick with this VN any longer.
It was bad enough last update where the sister and mother were allowed to even enter the house, much less anything else, but if they don't get gone this time, its going to be too much.

Even if you exclude anything to do with the MC, the daughter alone suffered enough of that betrayal for it to be unforgivable.

The sister, mother and whoever else knew where the daughter and MC were all that time and didn't tell either of them the truth can never be trusted again.
then you will be dissapointed because the MC want´s to go to his moms house at the beginning of this update,to tell her finally his thoughts and to maybe tell her to fuck off,but noooooo MAM has left already *lol* .

i must say it was the most boring update so far.

Reactions: Osamabeenfappin

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
so dear ol ma shows up to fuck things up even more and then just leaves? i guess it was too much to ask that the MC got any say on all this mess
yep the moment MC wanted to confront his MAM finally she is gone again.one more way to fuck with the MC head , and he can not do anything about it.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
yep the moment MC wanted to confront his MAM finally she is gone again.one more way to fuck with the MC head , and he can not do anything about it.
Well as long as she stays away for ever or when that selfish bitch (whining they did it for him, while they did nothing for him where it mattered but just for themselves, no matter they hurt her son and grand child to do so) does appear again you can bind a live grenade to her breasts and then run away .........

Azrayal

Game Developer
May 31, 2018
Triple Ex v0.09a is now available, all links have been updated and awaiting the page to be updated on the latest updates page. Once again, I apologise for the saved game error. I'll repost the message I posted previously on this matter...

"***IMPORTANT*** I appear to have screwed something up in this update, which causes the game to crash, with a rollback error, when trying to load a saved game from v0.07a and v0.08a. If you choose, "Ignore", the game restarts from the beginning. Any saved games prior to v0.07a seem to work fine.

m4pII

Jun 22, 2019
An excellent game, but I did not dare to try it for a long time because of all the controversy in this topic.
I don't quite understand where the talk about beta MC came from.

I played with the walkthrough mod, and in my opinion, it was the main character, who in most cases "behaved like an alpha", constantly putting his sister and those around him in place.

I really like his sister's character and I perceive her as a wingwoman who has an approach and access to those girls to whom MC cannot find an approach.
In my opinion, some of the girls, it is she who leads to the MC in bed.

All in all, the game is great and I'm glad there is a new update.

Captv

Mar 10, 2020
I've really liked this vn so far but if what i think is about to happen with the sister after this update i'm not happy at all bc despite the thing she did and the lies she told the mc i really liked her character and im not sure if im gonna like where this could lead since the sister probably wont be the same if she ever wakes up. like i said i liked this vn but im not liking where this is going if its going where i think it is it honestly kinda pisses me off and makes me not want to play anymore but i probably will bc im gonna want to find out what happens

Reactions: arms99

assman1337

Mar 10, 2018
I've really liked this vn so far but if what i think is about to happen with the sister after this update i'm not happy at all bc despite the thing she did and the lies she told the mc i really liked her character and im not sure if im gonna like where this could lead since the sister probably wont be the same if she ever wakes up. like i said i liked this vn but im not liking where this is going if its going where i think it is it honestly kinda pisses me off and makes me not want to play anymore but i probably will bc im gonna want to find out what happens
every update something bad happens dude
its the curiosity that keeps me going
although i'm not a patron anymore

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
Azrayal, the error comes from the fact you deleted Chapter3.rpyc, and generated a new one in this release. The .rpyc files from the game contain all the information to load your save file in the right place. When I placed the Chapter3.rpyc file into the game folder of 0.09a it loaded my saves from the last two updates without issue.

In between updates you should never delete the .rpyc files, otherwise saves will break. You can change things in the .rpy files, but the .rpyc files have to stay the same for saves to load correctly.

You are not alone in this happening, two other games I played this week had the exact same issue.

You can read up more about it here if you want.

Edit: removed the attached file because it would break saves in the next update for those who used it.

Last edited:

Azrayal

Game Developer
May 31, 2018
wurg
I can't for the life of me remember deleting any .rpyc file. I'm not saying it's impossible, I tend to forget quite a lot these days, but I've only ever used/opened/edited the necessary .rpy I was working on. I moved a few files around at one point and I initially thought that had caused the issue.
The problem which arises now, if people use this fix and I don't, the same error will occur next time for them with the saved games. And if I now use the fix and for the people who haven't, they will then get errors on the next update?

Last edited:

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
wurg
I can't for the life of me remember deleting any .rpyc file. I'm not saying it's impossible, I tend to forget quite a lot these days, but I've only ever used/opened/edited the necessary .rpy which I was working on. I moved a few files around at one point and I though that had caused the issue.
Still, it's good to know. I appreciate the help, and I'll post a link on the main page to the file you have linked.
I don't know if I'd do that, it's kind of complicated. If someone places the .rpyc file in their game, goes to the end of the update and saves, I'm 99% sure that save will break when they try to load it next time. The reason, each person will have generated a new .rpyc for their game based on the data when they launched the game on their computer, making them all different.

I included it on the post so if you wanted you could test it out for yourself to see. An easy test to recreate the error is to go into the game, make a save at the end of the update, exit out of the game, move the .rpyc file for Chapter 3 out of the game folder, launch the game again, and try to load the save. It will have the error "can't find a place to rollback" because when you launch the game a new .rpyc file will be generated automatically by the game.

My save will break when you release the new update, I already know this because the .rpyc I'm using now will be different the one you have in the base game. I have taken steps to mitigate this though.

One thing you can do also to mitigate this from happening in the future is the same thing I'm doing for myself in this one, place a label, any label around 15 to 20 lines before the end of the update. Labels are unique identifiers in Ren'Py, and are not subject to the normal loading behavior of save games. If you load a save from a game and the .rpyc has been deleted by accident, the game will go back in the code trying to find something it recognizes, it will try to find the closest label it can. If it finds one in the rollback buffer it will load the save on the next line after the label. You may have come across this in games before where you load a save and it doesn't load on the exact line you saved it on, it went back to the closest label it could find. I've tested this in games and was able to go back 40 lines of dialog on the save would still load. You can also test this out for yourself by doing the same steps above, add any label to the .rpy 15 lines or so before the end of the update, save at the end of the update, move the .rpyc file out of the game folder, relaunch and load the save. It should load the save on the line of dialog after the label you put in.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Azrayal

Azrayal

Game Developer
May 31, 2018
Thanks wurg. I'll chalk this one up to experience.

I read a thread started by Aon, or Anon, I think it was, on this very subject. A lot of it went over my head to be honest, but I'll begin adding an extra label towards the end of each update if this will negate the error in future. I'll take more care in future. I really do appreciate your help. Thanks again.

Reactions: wurg

wurg

Modder
Apr 19, 2018
Thanks wurg. I'll chalk this one up to experience.

I read a thread started by Aon, or Anon, I think it was, on this very subject. A lot of it went over my head to be honest, but I'll begin adding an extra label towards the end of each update if this will negate the error in future. I'll take more care in future. I really do appreciate your help. Thanks again.
It happens, the only reason I know about this is it kept happening to Retrieving the Past by MrKnobb when I was helping him on it, two or three updates in a row it was happening and it was driving me nuts trying to sort out why, someone on here helped my find out why, and after that there were no more issues with saves not loading, Knobb took extra care to make sure he didn't delete the .rpycs between updates and always kept a copy of the last release of the update around in case it happened again.

That is prob the best advice I could give you is to always keep a copy of your last release around in case this happens again. Especially because you put multiple updates into one file instead of making each update in it's own .rpy.

It's one of the reasons on games I play I keep the last update until the new one comes out.

3.10 star(s) 102 Votes