Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
like i said in my review this game has so much wasted potential, the backstory of the mc is interesting and some of the caracters(like kumiko and milly)have well develop personalities and its a shame that its lost in the sea of lies and absurd decisions that plages the plot, the mc may have a problem to comunicate with others but the family take it wayyyyy to far with their plan to "protect him for his own good".

Demonspike666

Jan 11, 2021
After this update all I can say is I hope we can blueball Faye until the end of the game. She's a manipulative bitch who caused more problems than she solved all under the pretence of doing what was best for her family. MC should have put his foot down about her being a scheming bitch who caused his wifes death due to her stupid plan then grab Milly and take her as far away from his family as possible.

AlmightySenju

Jan 7, 2021
So did he finally stand up to his sister and kick her tf out or did he simply become even more of a middle schooler? I truly want to get back into this but I can't get over how we went from that dope backstory to him being this wimp I'm sorry i just can't. So be honest right now is it worth it?

Reactions: ai...

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
So did he finally stand up to his sister and kick her tf out or did he simply become even more of a middle schooler? I truly want to get back into this but I can't get over how we went from that dope backstory to him being this wimp I'm sorry i just can't. So be honest right now is it worth it?
There is a blowout, he kicks her out then shit happens and she stays but things have changed.

Demonspike666

Jan 11, 2021
like i said in my review this game has so much wasted potential, the backstory of the mc is interesting and some of the caracters(like kumiko and milly)have well develop personalities and its a shame that its lost in the sea of lies and absurd decisions that plages the plot, the mc may have a problem to comunicate with others but the family take it wayyyyy to far with their plan to "protect him for his own good".
Yeah it's my biggest problem with this game. Any parent would tell you that interfering with your kids lives when they're young rarely ends up well let alone doing it when they're adults. But the biggest thing that annoys me is that Faye doesn't pay for her actions. She came up with the stupid idea that tore her sons family apart, allowed the lie about her son to continue and kept him in the dark and using the excuse of I did it for your own good. She can fuck right off with her excuses and her shite she passes off as wisdom.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I feel like I just read a whole episode of exposition dumps, it is so tiring to read
Biggest problem is he keeps adding to the backstory and it's getting messy.

My only issue now is my fave character that was Deb is now my least fave because that new look is horrible, I hate it.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Yeah it's my biggest problem with this game. Any parent would tell you that interfering with your kids lives when they're young rarely ends up well let alone doing it when they're adults. But the biggest thing that annoys me is that Faye doesn't pay for her actions. She came up with the stupid idea that tore her sons family apart, allowed the lie about her son to continue and kept him in the dark and using the excuse of I did it for your own good. She can fuck right off with her excuses and her shite she passes off as wisdom.
to be fair we don't know that, the info has just been shown and information is still being shared, how things will go we still don't know, we can guess but not affirm. I do hope the dev puts some midterms options, but that would extend the game since more time would be needed to heal,...

Demonspike666

Jan 11, 2021
to be fair we don't know that, the info has just been shown and information is still being shared, how things will go we still don't know, we can guess but not affirm. I do hope the dev puts some midterms options, but that would extend the game since more time would be needed to heal,...
Doubt it. The dev has wrote the MC in a way that he eats up every bullshit excuse given to him by the people who fuck him over. I enjoy the story but MC feels like he's a puppet for everyone else to use as they see fit and that part is getting boring at this point.

Reactions: Aelth

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
Biggest problem is he keeps adding to the backstory and it's getting messy.

My only issue now is my fave character that was Deb is now my least fave because that new look is horrible, I hate it.
Well while Deb wasn't my favorite I did like her, but she did take a bloody plummet down the cliff with the last couple of updates, frankly at this point I sorta dislike his entire family, this Dev has an incredible gift for basically making most of their characters unlikable. While normally I favor the incest pairings in such stories at this point pretty much everyone the MC could be involved with in his family I dislike, so whats left is Kumiko & her sister as characters I have any interest in and that is it.

The problem I am seeing is the Dev did things stupidly from the start, likely created a background that was convenient to the starting point of the story, while forgetting just how much it would come back to bite their ass down the line when it comes time to creating a solid plotline. The problem is someone should be made to take the fall but somehow the Dev keep justifying their actions, so you have a circle of people that all meant well but somehow horrifyingly fucked up in a way that would normally require someone to be a villain to achieve.

Now the thing is this, all the Dev needed to do was to make the wife take the plunge, actually have her properly abandon her husband and take their child away, drop the whole non-sense reasoning for her leaving, just have her be a bitch. If the Dev had done that the story could have held with a FAR sturdier plotline. Remove the good wife aspect of the story and everything related to it and put the odious of the entire thing on her, without bullshit plotline and it could have worked perfectly. The only reason I can imagine to bother to make the wife a good woman would be because at the end the Dev is going to pull a 'fake death' plot and reveal she was still alive all along in hiding. Otherwise a dead character like that would have been worth far more as an antagonist.

Last edited:

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
Now the thing is this, all the Dev needed to do was to make the wife take the plunge, actually have her properly abandon her husband and take their child away, drop the whole non-sense reasoning for her leaving, just have her be a bitch. If the Dev had done that the story could have held with a FAR sturdier plotline. Remove the good wife aspect of the story and everything related to it and put the odious of the entire thing on her, without bullshit plotline and it could have worked perfectly. The only reason I can imagine to bother to make the wife a good woman would be because at the end the Dev is going to pull a 'fake death' plot and reveal she was still alive all along in hiding. Otherwise a dead character like that would have been worth far more as an antagonist.
This is exactly what I was thinking, and actually, I agree with all of the text, but the fake death thing, I was thinking more in the lines that she and the gay husband have been taken by whoever the bad guy is supposed to be, but yeah, I kinda hope for a remake at some point after they finish so they can try and fix the mess but I won't hold my breath, as I've said previously I'm looking at this as a first try for the dev from which they can learn a lot for the next project, just a pity that such a good idea couldn't, at least until now, achieve its full potential, but hey I'm young, I can wait another 50 years or so until they remake this into what it was supposed to be.

Demonspike666

Jan 11, 2021
Well while Deb wasn't my favorite I did like her, but she did take a bloody plummet down the cliff with the last couple of updates, frankly at this point I sorta dislike his entire family, this Dev has an incredible gift for basically making most of their characters unlikable. While normally I favor the incest pairings in such stories at this point pretty much everyone the MC could be involved with in his family I dislike, so whats left is Kumiko & her sister as characters I have any interest in and that is it.

The problem I am seeing is the Dev did things stupidly from the start, likely created a background that was convenient to the starting point of the story, while forgetting just how much it would come back to bite their ass down the line when it comes time to creating a solid plotline. The problem is someone should be made to take the fall but somehow the Dev keep justifying their actions, so you have a circle of people that all meant well but somehow horrifying fucked up in a way that would normally require someone to be a villain to achieve.

Now the thing is this, all the Dev needed to do was to make the wife take the plunge, actually have her properly abandon her husband and take their child away, drop the whole non-sense reasoning for her leaving, just have her be a bitch. If the Dev had done that the story could have held with a FAR sturdier plotline. Remove the good wife aspect of the story and everything related to it and put the odious of the entire thing on her, without bullshit plotline and it could have worked perfectly. The only reason I can imagine to bother to make the wife a good woman would be because at the end the Dev is going to pull a 'fake death' plot and reveal she was still alive all along in hiding. Otherwise a dead character like that would have been worth far more as a antagonist.
If the dev does that then I hope we get the option to reject her because as with Faye she deserves nothing but the MC's contempt. They both knew their plan would likely blow up in their faces and cause the MC more problems but didn't care enough to try and correct some of their mistakes. For all we know Milly might have never been interested in her dad if it wasn't for them lying to her and guaranteeing she grew up with a daddy complex.

Reactions: CoryF and Aelth

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018

The problem I am seeing is the Dev did things stupidly from the start, likely created a background that was convenient to the starting point of the story, while forgetting just how much it would come back to bite their ass down the line when it comes time to creating a solid plotline. The problem is someone should be made to take the fall but somehow the Dev keep justifying their actions, so you have a circle of people that all meant well but somehow horrifying fucked up in a way that would normally require someone to be a villain to achieve.

Now the thing is this, all the Dev needed to do was to make the wife take the plunge, actually have her properly abandon her husband and take their child away, drop the whole non-sense reasoning for her leaving, just have her be a bitch. If the Dev had done that the story could have held with a FAR sturdier plotline. Remove the good wife aspect of the story and everything related to it and put the odious of the entire thing on her, without bullshit plotline and it could have worked perfectly. The only reason I can imagine to bother to make the wife a good woman would be because at the end the Dev is going to pull a 'fake death' plot and reveal she was still alive all along in hiding. Otherwise a dead character like that would have been worth far more as a antagonist.
I think the reason he went with the good wife is she isn't dead and will turn back up eventually.

If he made her a bitch that would be yet another character people would dislike and there is already enough of those.

I do agree that it should have been kept simple. Hide his kid to keep her safe etc... job done, no need to keep piling stuff on top of nonsense.

The whole thing with his family has pretty much made everyone look bad. The only people so far that don't look bad are Milly and Astrid.

I was always a fan of Deb, she had the sexy tomboy thing going on and went after what she wanted but the more the plot went on the worse she was made to seem but I was still willing to forgive and forget until the dev took Deb the sexy tomboy and turned her into average Annie. Now she has nothing going for her.

I just want him to stop making the MC into a complete moron and push the story forward, it doesn't need anymore nonsense backstory and I hope that's the end of it so we can all pretend it never happened and start making that gorgeous little muscle girl into an orgasmic mess.

He's ruined my fave character to the point I won't have anything to do with her again, the least he can do is give me a replacement in short and muscular.

Rindarion

Apr 26, 2019
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/chapter3.rpy", line 6340, in script call
    menu:
  File "game/phone/milly_camstory.rpy", line 99, in script
    jump milly1end
ScriptError: could not find label 'milly1end'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    menu:
    jump milly1end
  File "D:\Spel4\TripleEx-0.08a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "D:\Spel4\TripleEx-0.08a-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Triple Ex 0.08a
Wed Mar 17 10:27:09 2021
Please fix this shit

Dipper Pines

Aug 14, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    menu:
    jump milly1end

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    menu:
    jump milly1end
  File "D:\Spel4\TripleEx-0.08a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "D:\Spel4\TripleEx-0.08a-pc\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Triple Ex 0.08a
Wed Mar 17 10:27:09 2021
Please fix this shit
This error is caused by the mod. If you replace the files from the mod with the original ones and then end the cam watching everything is fine. Then you can add the mod files back in and the game and mod work fine for the rest of the update.

Reactions: Rindarion

Misosoc

Sep 28, 2020
So the USMC defense force??? Lmfao get out of here. No one says the USMC Defense force who's actually been in the military.

Source :US Army Vet 2000-2006. 3rd infantry division,7th cavalry MOS 19 Delta Ft. Stewart Georgia
Almost all these stories and games are made by devs not from America. Just like in movies, military is never 100% accurate. Why should it be even if the writer is 100% ex military? We as military swore to not let out secrets and things we know, saw, or fully did. At least that was the military I was in. Maybe you cav boys had a different oath of loyalty?

Reactions: TheFurs

Exarioch

May 21, 2018
Interesting update but let's make a bet about the MC's answer in the next update : he will make another excuse :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Aelth

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
this update was too vanilla for my taste.the outcome with this background story was not in the slightest what i was hoped would happen.
a bit more of drama would have been good in this update especially when MC mom spilled the beans about the background story of the past,but noooo the MC follows her like the puppy he was at the beginning of the game and let all of the story from his mom get to him with a smile *sighs*

and further the plot hints from the gamestart does not match with the plot story in this update.

especially when kumiko talks to MC where she blames him that he did nothing to find his daughter since he was free from prison.
at the gamestart there was mentioned that he looked for his family all the time while in jail with contacts he still had,but every attempt lead to dead ends.so what should he do further more to find his family when out of jail when he and his helpers could not find any lead???

and there are more plot holes that are not matching now with this update.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
this update was too vanilla for my taste.the outcome with this background story was not in the slightest what i was hoped would happen.
Aside from bits of violence here and there it is a vanilla game.

Now everything is out in the open it's only going to get more vanilla with the romance stuff.

3.00 star(s) 103 Votes