Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I would've liked to see him be more assertive, personally. Kayla is the one instigating every conflict between them, yet everyone asks of him to be the better person. Ashley at the carnival (be an adult, not a butthead, while excusing Kayla's behavior as her having a hard time lately), Carla does the same later, asking "have you considered leaving the door open for conversation".

Me, I just wonder... How many times do you try to pet a dog that tries to bite you every time?
A ''hard time, lately''... for how many years is that now ?
Yeah, i find it extremely annoying that everyone says that, especialy Kayla's best friend, there's only so many times i try to reach out. If i get shit everytime for it, than by all means that person can fuck off, even if it is the sister.

Especially the latest conflict, where she strait up insults the MC and his friend for no reason...i'd so wanted to give her a good bitch slap...and tell her friend she can either stop defending Kayla or get her ass out of the room.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
and tell her friend she can either stop defending Kayla or get her ass out of the room.
100x this. Ashley keeps making excuses "she doesn't really think that"... What's the reason then, is she mean about the nerds because they're friends with MC? Is that any better?
It's like how everyone tells MC that Sierra is toxic, but he didn't see it. Maybe Kayla is toxic as well, and Ashley just isn't seeing it. It kinda looks like she's Kayla's only friend too.

Sugoda77

Feb 18, 2023
I would've liked to see him be more assertive, personally. Kayla is the one instigating every conflict between them, yet everyone asks of him to be the better person. Ashley at the carnival (be an adult, not a butthead, while excusing Kayla's behavior as her having a hard time lately), Carla does the same later, asking "have you considered leaving the door open for conversation".

Me, I just wonder... How many times do you try to pet a dog that tries to bite you every time?
He's learning as he goes, it's showing actual character growth and being the better person as others have told him to be. It's not an immediate change and compared to so many other idiot MC's he's a decent upgrade. It's also nice to see a best friend that isn't a complete piece of garbage. Mark is actually funny at times and a decent friend to the MC.

ViperGts151

You don’t like me? Fine. Don’t waste my time then.
Donor
Jan 15, 2018

Monika has never shied away from a challenge, on or off the track. And she has a few words to say about 'No Nut November'.
Monika-Promo1-1080.jpg Monika-Promo2-1080.jpg Monika-Promo3-1080.jpg

• Love
Reactions: pochops and jish55

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
He's learning as he goes, it's showing actual character growth and being the better person as others have told him to be. It's not an immediate change and compared to so many other idiot MC's he's a decent upgrade. It's also nice to see a best friend that isn't a complete piece of garbage. Mark is actually funny at times and a decent friend to the MC.
Overall, I agree with you, this is one of the better MCs. There's just a very fine line between "being the better person" and being a doormat. Kayla doing a 180 after the nice talk about the carnival was off-putting, to say the least. And still, why is the MC asked to be the better person, while the same people excuse Kayla's behavior? In the end, we don't see the MC taunting Kayla, but always the other way around, he is already the better person.

Reactions: NebulousShooter

starkj

May 17, 2022
What is the best way to play this game? Go with the flow, go for every girl or a save for each or maybe its too soon for that?
Because right now i'm just going for pretty much every girl.

Quetzzz

Sep 29, 2023
What is the best way to play this game? Go with the flow, go for every girl or a save for each or maybe its too soon for that?
Because right now i'm just going for pretty much every girl.
That's how I did my first playthrough, and I liked it. Just be aware that the first woman you meet will want you to be exclusive, others are not too bothered with sharing... Though I suggest to just go with the flow, and check other arrangements on the next playthrough.

Reactions: starkj

ViperGts151

Donor
Jan 15, 2018

Development on the remainder of Ep3 has been underway. Most of the work so far has been creating new scene environments and characters that are needed, so when the time comes I won't have to put much extra thought/work into those scenes later.
It's still going to be a couple more weeks before I can gauge the amount of work that will be needed to complete the episode. I was brainstorming the plot outline yesterday with a friend (something I wish I had the chance to do more often) to iron out the exact order everything needs to happen, as well as any additional details I may have overlooked.
I'm working from the unique position where I understand the ins and outs of the characters and events, so sometimes I fear there are things I might not give the correct amount of attention to. I've had comments that try to point out plot holes, inconsistencies or other theories, but the current content already addresses them; they just missed reading/seeing those details.
Most of the time this is fine. I don't expect everyone to analyze every little thing. The MC doesn't operate on perfect information, or even know which information is important, so I won't put emphasis on it. Conversely, maybe I put too much emphasis on other things to try to highlight the significance (usually representing the MC's overthinking).
But that still doesn't mean I cover every single plot thread 100% perfectly.
So as I work on closing out Ep3, are there any particular story elements that had you scratching your head? Or things you thought weren't given enough detail/attention?
-ckr

ViperGts151

Donor
Jan 15, 2018

ep3scene38_013.png ep3scene41_010.png ep3scene45_060.png
There will be several new characters introduced (of varying importance) in the second half of Ep3. Some will be quite fun... and others might not be so savory.

Reactions: pochops and Hengat

LarryButz

Mar 19, 2019
Definetly one of, if not the best Ren'Py game I've ever played. The writting, the jokes, the serious scenes, and everything in between.
Awesome game.
I applaud the creative team, and I'll be waiting for more updates

CoolKittyRhymes

Trouble at Home
Game Developer
Dec 9, 2022
Wish there was a gallery in the game, also more Stacy content! :D
A gallery is something I'm working on, but my first priority is still creating new content first. It'll happen though.

CoolKittyRhymes ,
Is this a hint that she is the unknown blonde crossover? :unsure::unsure:
or as you say,just made for fun.
This was only a piece of art I made for fun and to practice with different lighting. While I do enjoy leaving subtle clues and hiding hints, this time there's nothing extra to read into.

Definetly one of, if not the best Ren'Py game I've ever played. The writting, the jokes, the serious scenes, and everything in between.
Awesome game.
I applaud the creative team, and I'll be waiting for more updates
Thank you for the kind review!

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
A gallery is something I'm working on, but my first priority is still creating new content first. It'll happen though.

This was only a piece of art I made for fun and to practice with different lighting. While I do enjoy leaving subtle clues and hiding hints, this time there's nothing extra to read into.

Thank you for the kind review!
I thought so,and you made them beautiful,CoolKittyRhymes
their funny expressions,the background,lighting effects,really perfect!! :love::love:
(but i had my doubts because Kentyrr had also Kayla before,and perhaps this would result in a wonderful collaboration between both games. )

p.s:"Trouble at home",really a beautiful game !!
the funniest scenes and dialogues,a really good story,
and gorgeous crafted characters,
I'm really looking forward to the next updates.

Last edited:

CoolKittyRhymes

Trouble at Home
Game Developer
Dec 9, 2022
I thought so,and you made them beautiful,CoolKittyRhymes
their funny expressions,the background,lighting effects,really perfect!! :love::love:
(but i had my doubts because Kentyrr had also Kayla before,and perhaps this would result in a wonderful collaboration between both games. )

p.s:"Trouble at home",really a beautiful game !!
the funniest scenes and dialogues,a really good story,
and gorgeous crafted characters,
I'm really looking forward to the next updates.
Kentyrr is a big fan of Kayla and I thought it'd be fun to make a piece with her and Jaye together. It gave me a chance to practice some new ways of improving my renders and I was quite happy with how it turned out. While I talk with him fairly regularly, any sort of collab hasn't been discussed as of yet.

I'm glad you enjoyed the Movie Night render, as well as TaH :) I, too, am also looking forward to releasing the next update. Still lots of work to complete though...

• Red Heart
Reactions: soprano31

ViperGts151

Donor
Jan 15, 2018

This week I did some reorganization and cleanup with my Ep3 outline. Right now I have 54 scenes titled, but I presume a 2-3 of them may be broken up into more. A few of them will be larger than average and it's likely it will push the final episode word count over 50k.
I think I've finished creating all the new characters that are needed. All but two of the new scene environments are made, although a few of them will need some extra details added in when I begin posing for renders.
This week I spent some time looking at new ways to experiment with improving images cinematically (lighting, focus and camera angles). I wasn't going to put much effort into this until I start working on Ep4, but it didn't hurt to get a little head start.
And now that most of the new stuff created, I began my first major rendering for Part 2. I only have two scenes done at this point, but I expect this number to ramp up pretty quickly this week.
When we hit December in a few weeks, I should be ready to give a tentative completion schedule. But this will be a quicker development cycle than how long it took for the first half of Ep3.

Bro In The Game

Mar 6, 2020
I just learned about and played your novel today

It was actually quite difficult because of the not so good comments on the first few pages but luckily I tried

You really did a great job and I really enjoyed your story

Looking forward to the next part of episode 3 and the date with Stacy if there is one =))

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023

After she sets her eye on a prize, Monika will pull out all her tricks to win you over.
View attachment 3092523 View attachment 3092524 View attachment 3092525
Is it possible to still get with Monika if you don't let her take a picture? First pass I showed I was interested, but then walked away from both involved in the bet, but that seemed to cut off any option to pursue her then. So I went back and allowed it, but I really wanted to let her know not to treat me like a pawn in her games or bets and we'd be all good.

DuckDairyDip

Feb 21, 2018
Just checked out this game for the first time over the last several days and this is honestly incredible. Emily honestly stole the show for me. Really curious in the direction the game is going.

Reactions: Seventy6ers

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
I don't understand the people crying over the bitch of the girlfriend. I even gave the dude the number if he wants a second round. People should rejoice that in this game we can actually free ourselves of the bad relationship in the first chapter and no let it drag through chapters.
Good point, and when MC gave that b-guy his ex's phone number...the dev could maybe later show MC's ex-GF face when she gets the call from that b-guy. She then would be made aware that her ex knows all what really happened that night (unless it was actually a lie from that b-guy)...leaving her to face all her bad choices that ended the relationship with MC. Meanwhile MC is continually growing up from his loser mode, and moving on from his past...to a much better life without the bitch.

But instead, the ex can't take a hint and just go away.

Last edited:
4.40 star(s) 47 Votes