BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Well ur not wrong, u would need to make sure she can't use her powers thought, a risky gamble.
Not sure how the sister would react to that new pet...but her reaction would likely be priceless.
killing her is too good i kinda wanna break her mind and make her my pet
I don't know who Nicole is, I just played at the beginning and left when I knew that there was going to be a dark turn. But from what I read, even without the dark turn, it's possible that the game isn't to my liking.

Does her powers have something to do with mind control or something similar?

Reactions: Syko134

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I don't know who Nicole is, I just played at the beginning and left when I knew that there was going to be a dark turn. But from what I read, even without the dark turn, it's possible that the game isn't to my liking.

Does her powers have something to do with mind control or something similar?
Nicole is the ex of the mc, the purple haired girl u see early on in a dream.
She apparently betrayed/backstabbed the mc as they were together, IIRC it isn't said what exactly she did to mc back than and well the mc stupid as he is, put trust in her again...with a predictable result.

No not mind control, she can invade/control dreams, dig out memories and somehow can also disable people outside of dreams.

Personally i don't find the game really dark as of now, some LI's have a troubled past, but nothing too dramatic, with the current update the story seems to get more serious.
The most dark/discussed thing so far was the backstory of one girl, but the dev added a choice here (thanks for that Syko).

I would try it out and decide if it is to ur liking, the story and characters are realy good.
Also the game so far is harem (if u want to) so no need to choose beetwen multiple routes.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Nicole is the ex of the mc, the purple haired girl u see early on in a dream.
She apparently betrayed/backstabbed the mc as they were together, IIRC it isn't said what exactly she did to mc back than and well the mc stupid as he is, put trust in her again...with a predictable result.

No not mind control, she can invade/control dreams, dig out memories and somehow can also disable people outside of dreams.

Personally i don't find the game really dark as of now, some LI's have a troubled past, but nothing too dramatic, with the current update the story seems to get more serious.
The most dark/discussed thing so far was the backstory of one girl, but the dev added a choice here (thanks for that Syko).

I would try it out and decide if it is to ur liking, the story and characters are realy good.
Also the game so far is harem (if u want to) so no need to choose beetwen multiple routes.
I allways (in all games) skip dream (sexual and non-sexual ones) scenes without seeing them, so if I saw her it's unlikely that I will remember it. I don't generally change that policy even in games where they "tell you important things" in dreams. And the dream sex scenes interest me even less than the others. So I'm not going to find out about anything that happens in dreams.

On the other hand, that Nicole "can invade / control dreams, dig out memories and somehow can also disable people outside of dreams" is the kind of thing that I don't really like. Either the MC has some way or power to disable that, or the game is less interesting to me.

This is harem, I don't know if it has romance. But Nicole, knowing nothing about her other than what you said, I know I don't like her.

I'm going to wait to see what the dark turn of the game is like, but I don't know if I'm going to end up playing it (although I liked the little I played, that's true). However, I don't usually like games where the MC doesn't have powers and others do.

On the other hand:

killing her is too good i kinda wanna break her mind and make her my pet
I don't like domination of any kind, or coercion, or blackmail; so I personally think that if the character is as you say, my ideal ending for her is to die (Even without knowing her, I don't consider Nicole an LI, and I prefer that there is no sex scene with her; having unavoidable sex scenes with her is one of those things that I would dislike).

In my case, I prefer to kill the LIs before breaking their minds and turning them into pets. And if I have to kill a LI I will surely quit the game.

Ulquiorra321

Oct 10, 2017
I allways (in all games) skip dream (sexual and non-sexual ones) scenes without seeing them, so if I saw her it's unlikely that I will remember it. I don't generally change that policy even in games where they "tell you important things" in dreams. And the dream sex scenes interest me even less than the others. So I'm not going to find out about anything that happens in dreams.

On the other hand, that Nicole "can invade / control dreams, dig out memories and somehow can also disable people outside of dreams" is the kind of thing that I don't really like. Either the MC has some way or power to disable that, or the game is less interesting to me.

This is harem, I don't know if it has romance. But Nicole, knowing nothing about her other than what you said, I know I don't like her.

I'm going to wait to see what the dark turn of the game is like, but I don't know if I'm going to end up playing it (although I liked the little I played, that's true). However, I don't usually like games where the MC doesn't have powers and others do.

On the other hand:

I don't like domination of any kind, or coercion, or blackmail; so I personally think that if the character is as you say, my ideal ending for her is to die (Even without knowing her, I don't consider Nicole an LI, and I prefer that there is no sex scene with her; having unavoidable sex scenes with her is one of those things that I would dislike).

In my case, I prefer to kill the LIs before breaking their minds and turning them into pets. And if I have to kill a LI I will surely quit the game.
If isn't too much to ask, could you tell me what "LI" stands for?

Ulquiorra321

Oct 10, 2017
I'm convinced it's a girl since the mc is the only male with the gene (I think?). Further, since the dev went out of his way to avoid revealing the face I thought it would be someone he knows.

However that theory goes down the gutter for one important reason: he would have recognized the voice. Or at least, I thought so, until I noticed a key detail that *might* cue who it is.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Either that or it's a girl who hasn't been introduced yet. Or my colorblindness is fucking up the investigation I just did.
You have great insight.

Ulquiorra321

Oct 10, 2017
Love Interest
Are you sure? I mean, English is not my native language, so I can be wrong but, there are phrases that make sense like this one "Even without knowing her, I don't consider Nicole an LI", but the next one is just strange, look "In my case, I prefer to kill the LIs before breaking their minds and turning them into pets", or as I said, is just me because English is not my native language, I only know a little.
By the way, thanks for the reply.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Are you sure? I mean, English is not my native language, so I can be wrong but, there are phrases that make sense like this one "Even without knowing her, I don't consider Nicole an LI", but the next one is just strange, look "In my case, I prefer to kill the LIs before breaking their minds and turning them into pets", or as I said, is just me because English is not my native language, I only know a little.
This plays on not liking Mind Control or NTR.

Mind Control - Generally turning someone into a puppet to do things they normally wouldn't.

NTR
Netorare - Someone steals a love interest from the main character.
Some don't like stealing or sharing so Netori sometimes gets wrapped into this.
Netori - The main character stealing someone else's love interest.

Those three things (Mind Control, Netorare, and Netori) tend to play together and are a good reference for this line.

"In my case, I prefer to kill the LIs before breaking their minds and turning them into pets"

Perhaps something more wordy would help

I would rather kill the love of my life with my own hands before I would ever let them succumb to mind control, watching their mind being broken into someone else's pet sex slave as everything I loved about them faded away.

Some don't like the memories of the ones they love being tarnished.

A puppet of my wife may look like her, but it is definitely not her. What of all the memories we shared together? No, what is left is just a shell of her former self.

Hopefully one of these helped explain the concept. If not someone that speaks your native language might be able to help if you mention what that is.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018

Mind Control - Generally turning someone into a puppet to do things they normally wouldn't.

NTR

Those three things (Mind Control, Netorare, and Netori) tend to play together and are a good reference for this line.

"In my case, I prefer to kill the LIs before breaking their minds and turning them into pets"

I would rather kill the love of my life with my own hands before I would ever let them succumb to mind control, watching their mind being broken into someone else's pet sex slave as everything I loved about them faded away.

A puppet of my wife may look like her, but it is definitely not her. What of all the memories we shared together? No, what is left is just a shell of her former self.

Hopefully one of these helped explain the concept. If not someone that speaks your native language might be able to help if you mention what that is.
Pretty well explained.

Only in my case I don't like mind control (not really any kind of domination, coercion or blackmail), neither carried out by the MC, nor by another.

Personally I prefer to kill the LIs before they turn into someone else's pet... or the MC's pet.

To put it using your own words:

I would rather kill the love of my life with my own hands before I would ever let them succumb to mind control, watching their mind being broken into my own pet sex slave as everything I loved about them faded away.

Sounds weird, but it's what I prefer.

Regarding Nicole, as I don't consider her LI, they can kill her in any horrible way (from what little I have read about her, I would surely like that ending for her). As long as she's not raped, it's not that I care how bloody her ending is.

Ulquiorra321

Oct 10, 2017

NTR

Thanks, that cleared some questions about that, as I see this a lot in "Adult Games", I thought that Netorare is something like betraying your partner (only that), but I see is not that, so let me see if I get it, if she/he betray the mc and still love him/her is not Netorare but if he/she stops loving him/her because of another, then is Netorare, is that right?

Ulquiorra321

Oct 10, 2017
Pretty well explained.

Only in my case I don't like mind control (not really any kind of domination, coercion or blackmail), neither carried out by the MC, nor by another.

Personally I prefer to kill the LIs before they turn into someone else's pet... or the MC's pet.

To put it using your own words:

I would rather kill the love of my life with my own hands before I would ever let them succumb to mind control, watching their mind being broken into my own pet sex slave as everything I loved about them faded away.

Sounds weird, but it's what I prefer.

Regarding Nicole, as I don't consider her LI, they can kill her in any horrible way (from what little I have read about her, I would surely like that ending for her). As long as she's not raped, it's not that I care how bloody her ending is.
I personally don't like Netorare, is not my vibe, but I do like (more or less) blackmail, only if she is single, mind control... depends, what I do love is incest, I love to see how they will try to solve their situation when the world knows, even if do not reach that point, I still like to see their love grown when they know this is wrong.

weissbrot

May 27, 2018
The definition of NTR on this forum is very fluid - generally if there is a female character in the game and she dares to acknowledge the existence of another person then you will find people crying about it here.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Thanks, that cleared some questions about that, as I see this a lot in "Adult Games", I thought that Netorare is something like betraying your partner (only that), but I see is not that, so let me see if I get it, if she/he betray the mc and still love him/her is not Netorare but if he/she stops loving him/her because of another, then is Netorare, is that right?
From the Protagonist perspective.

Netorare is your partner betraying you.
Netori is someone betraying their partner to be with you.

Gender doesn't really matter as it's perspective.

You stealing someone's wife is Netori from your perspective however Netorare from her husband's perspective.

In context with the game though there's this

Well... Yeah. Mind control is a risky tag if not used properly. It might just end up on the pile of scratched content (or become a non-sexual theme) if I'm not satisfied with the end result. It is not gonna be NTR or Rape though, thats for sure.
Those that like NTR will argue the nuances between Netorare, Netori, and Netorase.
Those that dislike NTR will put them all under the same umbrella as "Other man sleep with girl, ugh"

Ulquiorra321

Oct 10, 2017
From the Protagonist perspective.

Netorare is your partner betraying you.
Netori is someone betraying their partner to be with you.

Gender doesn't really matter as it's perspective.

You stealing someone's wife is Netori from your perspective however Netorare from her husband's perspective.

In context with the game though there's this

Those that like NTR will argue the nuances between Netorare, Netori, and Netorase.
Those that dislike NTR will put them all under the same umbrella as "Other man sleep with girl, ugh"
Thanks, is more clear now. That is a genre I personally don't like, even if is clear now, I will be like the latter, putting all that in the same category.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Also can I just say how much I fucking LOVED Claire this update?

From her heartfelt plea on the rooftop to her interactions with her "Best Friend" in the cafeteria. Fucking gold all the way!
Super sad we got MC-napped before we could meet with her.

KingWeWuz +1. She is the Teacher's daughter if I recall correctly from the start of the game and it was exactly who I was thinking of. I am guessing that she is not working with Nicole voluntarily, remember the conversation about Nicole "finding her person" when MC thought she was after Iris? Yeeeeeah. At first I thought they were talking about Anna since she also went missing around that time but could easily of been Emily instead.
I hope we can use this to try and convince Em to spring us from this once we find out what dirt Nicole has on her and free her from it.

A clarification:
So far, the game doesn't have anything really all that dark.
No real mind control or anything being used by the MC or on the MC.
Nicole's power seems to be able to disable someone if she concentrates on them hard enough and she can enter people's dreams to spy/talk. MC has found a hilarious way to circumvent this.
Unfortunately he got complacent after a bit and gave Nicole a chance. More's the pity there as I'd probably of done the same. I don't want to Kill Nicole persay, I'm still hoping there is a way to make her redeemable but if she's just a villain I'd rather find a way to strip her of her power and leave her living, knowing what greatness she squandered with her petty greed and avarice.

4.30 star(s) 59 Votes