VN Ren'Py Troubled Legacy [v0.0.28 Fix] [Blackthunder_vn]

3.30 star(s) 26 Votes

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
problem with that is that I can't seem to find it for Android OS
There's a Ublock Origin choice for Firefox browser only for Android. I use it for my cell phone, as I normally avoid Chrome or anything Google (the telemetry tracking crap, that forces their ads with their browser).

Also, I forgot to mention in your option section of Ublock Origin...make sure you enable (check box) remote fonts. This is how many sites inject their banner ads. As well I usually enable everything within the filter lists area, except the languages area (I leave those unchecked). This will give you complete control how your Firefox browser displays ads on your phone.

And final note, that Ublock Origin will need regular manual updating by the user (happens to both PC and phone setups). As I found the browser extension seems to fail at auto updating on a regular basis. Regards.

Last edited:

Blackthunder_vn

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
ru5ty He's laying in koma so i have the chance to tell his parents story and there death story and the MC has to learn to he a bit harder... so there will be other chars who learn him to ;)

I'm already on it...

Reactions: ru5ty and D Dog

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
what did you do .... what did you do ..... i can't load a saved game ....... grrrrrrr

i guess i have to restart :unsure:

dev you make me hate i love your game so much :love:

Reactions: Blackthunder_vn

Blackthunder_vn

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
ImperialD

try a older savegame or go back to day10 it should solve the problem (Had some changes proofreader based after the last update)

looks like if your savegame hits one of this lines it can't get loaded.

Sorry to all who been hitten by this problem...

Blackthunder

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
ImperialD

try a older savegame or go back to day10 it should solve the problem (Had some changes proofreader based after the last update)

looks like if your savegame hits one of this lines it can't get loaded.

Sorry to all who been hitten by this problem...

Blackthunder
naww .. i went back to the very 1st save at the start and it did not load .... i have no problem retsarting a new game .. like i said i love this game alot .... just being retired i'm to poor to help support ya .... sorry :(

(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Reactions: Blackthunder_vn
Mar 29, 2023
Oof... I gave this a try and well, I have some difficulties reading this through.

1st is the way sentences are phrased, for some reason it reads/feels choppy / not really fluent. Which distracts me from immersing myself into the story.

2nd; there is little to no backstory and the mc is already proclaiming his undying love to his foster mother... ehm... little build-up would be nice? I felt like I missed everything and went straight to the aftermath.

3rd; the first meeting between the mc, his foster mother, veronica, tasha and.... eh... Z(something), was weird to say the least. MC rejecting the whole inheritance outright without hearing what the conditions are, feels rushed, not only from the mc's perspective but the scene as a whole. The story just started but you get thrown from one location to the next without much explanation. The mc is supposed to get explanation at that meeting but the mc and foster mother get super angry all of a sudden?!? (even though the grandfather of the mc is allegedly evil, no reason to flip out to people who did nothing but being hospitable and respectful, except for that Z girl), and after that the meeting is postponed without further explanation... The whole scene felt like beating around the bush.

Also, from what I understand of what I read, the mc didn't know his grandfather that well, everything he knows about his grandfather, his foster mother told him during the road trip to the meeting. How can the mc be biased enough to reject such an amount of wealth outright just because his grandfather is evil? What has the grandfather done to the mc that the mc reacts in such a way? Yeah sure the grandfather was an *ssh*le and messed with the inheritance the mc got. In my opinion that's not reason enough to hate someone with such ferocity. And again, a little more build up would be nice.

Even though I find it difficult to immerse and read this, I'll read this further, hopefully it will improve

edit: Just noticed a scene that was more tell than show. Which I find weird since you have models to show, why tell the reader the character is going to look if you can show that?

PS: I'm sorry if my critique is harsh or too direct, not my intention.

edit2: I'm dropping this. I simply can't get into the story. Too bad, the synopsis seemed interesting though.

Last edited:

Blackthunder_vn

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
sp4ckj4rr0w_420

Thanks for your feedback.

to your 1st point:
It may be that i type things different than other dev's, I got 3 nativ english speaking proofreaders from different regions of the States so i don't think it is too complicated to read...

to your 2nd point:
Since day12_2 the MC lay's in koma and now is the point in time where the background story gets much more deepness.
The telling of that topic started already with day12...
parts directly and others a bit betwwen the lines... (I don't want the players to get lazy on reading...)

to your 3rd point:
You will learn about why they are angry about the grandfather (day12-26)

Why i don't show things... every render costs a lot of time to build and render and i have a time line to get it trough...
Setting up a scene takes more than just a few minutes (from time to time a half day or more)
If i do it for just 3-4 renders it's not worth the time, since i don't do it fulltime, i wish i could but TL doesn't pay off enough to do it.

I'm sorry that you don't like it and couldn't find into the story (A lot of guy's are able to), I wish you the best and i think you'll find a game that fits your feelings...

Blackthunder

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2023
sp4ckj4rr0w_420
It may be that i type things different than other dev's, I got 3 nativ english speaking proofreaders from different regions of the States so i don't think it is too complicated to read...
I'm not a native speaker myself, so maybe that's why? I don't know.

Anyways thanks for the reply and I wish you good luck with your game. I'm sorry again if my critique was too harsh =3

3.30 star(s) 26 Votes