VN Ren'Py Troubled Legacy [v0.0.29] [Blackthunder_vn]

3.20 star(s) 28 Votes

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
SonsOfLiberty was just asking to put my finger on the error.

The script looks fine and also the lint check is running without any error (yeah there are errors but at the splashscreen which doesn't matter since they are only for the translations spanish and italian which aren't existend anymore.)

We also had testings running like loading old saves and a whole fresh start.
That error hmmm?
They are saying launching the "update" which sounds like using the update only vs the full version.

Also relaunched, loaded a save and loaded fine...

Reactions: Blackthunder_vn

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I have that error too. I downloaded the full Version as i havent played in a while and was going to start from scratch.
Dunno, works both compressed and uncompressed here. Maybe everyone here has borked saves.

Delete your saves from your appdata (renpy folder) and the game folder and try to launch, if you are saying you are starting from scratch then that means you have saves.

Reactions: Blackthunder_vn

TheSidewinder

Mar 31, 2020
EDIT: I just noticed.... the file "myday8.rpy" should be in ./game/days/kapitel2/ ... not in the ./game/ folder.
Check your folder structure against the zip file's structure, it looks as though something got extracted to the wrong place.

yea like normal i just unpacked it and try to launch it but it comes up with that error
Not sure if this will do anything, but... check the file at line number 609 to see if there is a trailing space (or possibly some "invisible" character) at the end of that line.
It shouldn't make any difference if there is a space, but I've seen a couple instances in games where it will do that.
If there is any character after the colon at the end of the line, delete it so that the : is the last character on the line, then save. Does that fix the error?

Last edited:

JJohns2049

Jul 28, 2024
Just a dump question, wat is the use of the Violett test? I mean 2 options choose mom or choose violet, and violet was green, but if I select that I fail the test. So I choose mom. But the story continues any way...

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
EDIT: I just noticed.... the file "myday8.rpy" should be in ./game/days/kapitel2/ ... not in the ./game/ folder.
Check your folder structure against the zip file's structure, it looks as though something got extracted to the wrong place.

Not sure if this will do anything, but... check the file at line number 609 to see if there is a trailing space (or possibly some "invisible" character) at the end of that line.
It shouldn't make any difference if there is a space, but I've seen a couple instances in games where it will do that.
If there is any character after the colon at the end of the line, delete it so that the : is the last character on the line, then save. Does that fix the error?

That doesn't make any sense, why would it be extracting wrong for some and not others?

Blackthunder_vn

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
JJohns2049 the MC isn't failing the test even if it looks that way, to chose Mom is just to avoid the whole Viollet scenes... more or less.

SonsOfLiberty Hmmm, looks like someone just copied the new files into a old gameversion or the "Just Update version" is not on the last updates. (All the days where moved into Chapter/Kapitel folders.

Looks like someone messed up.

Last edited:

Blackthunder_vn

Game Developer
Jan 31, 2020
Attention!

To all who have a error, looks like something is wrong with the "Just Update version"

I changed a lot on the files and their folders. Just to copy the files over a old version doesn't work with 0.0.29.
All early days are in different folders now.

Load the fullversion and play with that version.

DasUber

Feb 22, 2019
So, downloaded the latest compressed version v.0029 and on Day 9 during Tasha's first sex scene, after her orgasm via touching, the game freezes and goes to the title screen and freezes again. No crash, just freezes and won't respond.

If I skip forward, it will just loop to the beginning for a new game. As of right now, I cannot proceed (first time player, by the way), so any fix or option to move beyond this point would be appreciated.

3.20 star(s) 28 Votes