4.70 star(s) 109 Votes

James the Gigolo

Mar 4, 2018
Yep terminal. And of course you have to change to the directory where [Mac]True_Bond.app is located before executing the command. My steps fix this error: View attachment 1123685
This is an easy fix. Just copy or move the .app file in the Application folder. Then, from the Terminal window just run the following command:

sudo chmod +x "/Applications/[Mac]True_Bond.app/Contents/MacOS/[Mac]True_Bond"

The app should open up afterwards.

LaserSaysPew

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
This is an easy fix. Just copy or move the .app file in the Application folder. Then, from the Terminal window just run the following command:

sudo chmod +x "/Applications/[Mac]True_Bond.app/Contents/MacOS/[Mac]True_Bond"

The app should open up afterwards.
I don't have mac and never used it, is it my fault or can I somehow prevent it in the future?

DDDIsReal

B.I.T.W.
Donor
Dec 25, 2019
Have you actually switched to frame animations in the options menu? Check if it's on.
The game crash at bed scene with mac too and make impossible to go over. The fix you posted is only for windows so fucked up us with mac. Why not Renpy? Never had an issue. Or at least testing before releasing a game full of bugs that annoys people and cost you patreons, so less money.

LaserSaysPew

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
The game crash at bed scene with mac too and make impossible to go over. The fix you posted is only for windows so fucked up us with mac. Why not Renpy? Never had an issue. Or at least testing before releasing a game full of bugs that annoys people and cost you patreons, so less money.
"full of bugs"? Name them please, so I could fix them.
The only one reported was for that crash cuz of video player on a particular system. I'm sorry, that I tested it on my Windows 10 and didn't test it on Windows 8, 7, XP, vista, 98, and macOS. I don't have those.
And I fixed it for Windows 7, the only ones who still report it didn't turn on frame animations.
MacOS being reported second time only and the first one didn't report it not being fixed.

• Haha
Reactions: |UserName|

DDDIsReal

B.I.T.W.
Donor
Dec 25, 2019
"full of bugs"? Name them please, so I could fix them.
The only one reported was for that crash cuz of video player on a particular system. I'm sorry, that I tested it on my Windows 10 and didn't test it on Windows 8, 7, XP, vista, 98, and macOS. I don't have those.
And I fixed it for Windows 7, the only ones who still report it didn't turn on frame animations.
MacOS being reported second time only and the first one didn't report it not being fixed.
On Mac this game can’t even open without working on terminal, so end of the story. If you can’t testing game
for mac, release only for windows instead of releasing an unplayable game, simple.

LaserSaysPew

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
On Mac this game can’t even open without working on terminal, so end of the story. If you can’t testing game
for mac, release only for windows instead of releasing an unplayable game, simple.
Actually people launched it. And I even asked how do I make this process easier as, once again, I don't have macOS to test it myself.
I'm still waiting on that huge list of bugs that are filling my game, btw. Eagerly ready to fix them!

DDDIsReal

B.I.T.W.
Donor
Dec 25, 2019
Actually people launched it. And I even asked how do I make this process easier as, once again, I don't have macOS to test it myself.
I'm still waiting on that huge list of bugs that are filling my game, btw. Eagerly ready to fix them!
People launched this game on mac after working on terminal, it’s impossible without. How many bugs do you want for saying that? If you think it's normal that in the first release, the game don't open on one platform and crash at very first animation on both without solution. Good start funny guy you have a bright future ahead for this game

LaserSaysPew

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
People launched this game on mac after working on terminal, it’s impossible without. How many bugs do you want for saying that? If you think it's normal that in the first release, the game don't open on one platform and crash at very first animation on both without solution. Good start funny guy you have a bright future ahead for this game
You forgot to add a tiny detail: crashes for less than 1% of players. And there is a solution! That works for everyone except you, as far as I can tell.

DDDIsReal

B.I.T.W.
Donor
Dec 25, 2019
You forgot to add a tiny detail: crashes for less than 1% of players. And there is a solution! That works for everyone except you, as far as I can tell.
You took this percentage from the same guy that testing this game? Now everything is clear. No, this work only for windows* since you released a fix only for them, so you shouldn't release a game for mac if you can't provide a solution

LaserSaysPew

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
You took this percentage from the same guy that testing this game? Now everything is clear. No, this work only for windows* since you released a fix only for them, so you shouldn't release a game for mac if you can't provide a solution
Perhaps, you're right. Any Mac users with the same problem of crashing during animation even with the fix ENABLED in options?
Should I not release Mac version for the next update? If you agree that I shouldn't please vote with the "Sad" like.
Oh, wait a second, I'm a dumbass. I really released only for Windows, I didn't build Mac version with the fix. My bad, sorry, I will post it once it uploads.

Reactions: madrid3423

Angelsong

Jul 19, 2018
Hope you keep creating builds for Linux as this game is amazing. Ticks all the right boxes for me and plays great. Thank you for your hard work. :)

DDDIsReal

B.I.T.W.
Donor
Dec 25, 2019
Perhaps, you're right. Any Mac users with the same problem of crashing during animation even with the fix ENABLED in options?
Should I not release Mac version for the next update? If you agree that I shouldn't please vote with the "Sad" like.
Oh, wait a second, I'm a dumbass. I really released only for Windows, I didn't build Mac version with the fix. My bad, sorry, I will post it once it uploads.
Got the same problem on an MacBook Air M1. Tried switching between resolutions and sound on/off but cannot get past the bedroom scene.

Keep it up, looking really good so far!

A quick fix for MAC would be much appreciated.

Cheers
I'm the only one with this issue right? Where is the fixed version for Mac? I only see the windows one

DDDIsReal

B.I.T.W.
Donor
Dec 25, 2019
mac version works if you read through the short 10 pages of the forum there are comments showing exactly what to do. ignore the haters and please release a mac version in the next update
Hate for what? You guys should stop to think everyone hate for nothing. I just want to play this game that look very promising but I can't.

LaserSaysPew

Game Developer
Jun 13, 2017
I'm the only one with this issue right? Where is the fixed version for Mac? I only see the windows one
Hate for what? You guys should stop to think everyone hate for nothing. I just want to play this game that look very promising but I can't.
Yeah, sorry, you're right, it's my bad, I brainfarted and for some reason thought I released it. I'm doing it right now, I believe I also found the problem with that "can't launch without terminal", should be also fixed, it just takes a shitton of time to covert to a newer unity version but I'm doing it right now and will release as soon as it's ready. Won't go to sleep until I do.

4.70 star(s) 109 Votes