4.70 star(s) 109 Votes

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
2641 abandoned games, means that, to avoid this trend, supporters should only support projects in which there is a deadline for updates and completion and the first delay to remove support.
I know, this post will not solve the problem (at least in the immediate future) but it seemed necessary to write it to better explain the general (shitty) situation of the sector.

Godeaterprince

Mar 22, 2019
2641 abandoned games, means that, to avoid this trend, supporters should only support projects in which there is a deadline for updates and completion and the first delay to remove support.
I know, this post will not solve the problem (at least in the immediate future) but it seemed necessary to write it to better explain the general (shitty) situation of the sector.
I did it as a joke...
I understand what you are saying.. (y)
I know that Putin has nothing to do with it and that lazy creators shouldn't get supported.

Emoon

May 4, 2017
I feel like it's more a sign of false expectations by creators sometimes. Making money with regular games (small-scale) is already tough as nails, expecting to make money with games in a shunned niche genre that is incredible saturated with 0.000001 versions is almost disillusional.

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
I feel like it's more a sign of false expectations by creators sometimes. Making money with regular games (small-scale) is already tough as nails, expecting to make money with games in a shunned niche genre that is incredible saturated with 0.000001 versions is almost disillusional.
In general, there are three categories of devs in this industry:

1. those who manage to gain the trust of supporters by completing quality games and meeting deadlines (rare category);

2. those who succeed in plagiarizing and milking the majority of immature (ignorant) public that populate and wander in this sector (they are quite and on the rise);

3. those who try to milk and fail because they are incompetent or with little patience and little desire to work (time wasters) and are satisfied with the alms they can get. The latter, in general, are the ones who improvise and abandon projects and I think they also change the profile several times to try a new begging adventure each time.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
In general, there are three categories of devs in this industry:

1. those who manage to gain the trust of supporters by completing quality games and meeting deadlines (rare category);

2. those who succeed in plagiarizing and milking the majority of immature (ignorant) public that populate and wander in this sector (they are quite and on the rise);

3. those who try to milk and fail because they are incompetent or with little patience and little desire to work (time wasters) and are satisfied with the alms they can get. The latter, in general, are the ones who improvise and abandon projects and I think they also change the profile several times to try a new begging adventure each time.
to 1. I haven't seen them really. But maybe i am playing the wrong games :)
to 3. oh man. There was this game i downloaded first when i started to play adult games. What its name? Aeh... Family matters (0.3). Shame. Started really well off. But never ever something happened. Really sad.

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
to 1. I haven't seen them really. But maybe i am playing the wrong games :)
to 3. oh man. There was this game i downloaded first when i started to play adult games. What its name? Aeh... Family matters (0.3). Shame. Started really well off. But never ever something happened. Really sad.
NLT, Faerin and some other rarities.

Reactions: JoThZ01T

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
What deadline? he said "a month or so", that's hardly a fixed deadline..
Well, excatly that. I know, its opaque. It was probably intented to make everyone happy and maybe "or so" keeps everything alive. I am doubtful that we will see anything in the near future. But the hint of "month" meant June. So we are approaching that line already. Then it will be obscure as in "or so" which could mean anything.

donkiszu

Dec 27, 2020
What deadline? he said "a month or so", that's hardly a fixed deadline..
Babarcus no offense are you his lawyer or what? You defend it with all your strength, knowing that there is little chance for updates, but you defend it difficult, if so, say it briefly when there will be an update, because from what you write, you know best of all on this forum, and by the way, it quotes, LESS MORE THIS ARE TWO FINGERS IN THE ASS '' and there will be no update, and if it will be like the last time, to piss off.
English is not my language so there may be typos

• Angry
Reactions: filochard

BABaracus

Feb 2, 2018
Babarcus no offense are you his lawyer or what? You defend it with all your strength, knowing that there is little chance for updates, but you defend it difficult, if so, say it briefly when there will be an update, because from what you write, you know best of all on this forum, and by the way, it quotes, LESS MORE THIS ARE TWO FINGERS IN THE ASS '' and there will be no update, and if it will be like the last time, to piss off.
English is not my language so there may be typos
I don't know anything more than you do, I just want the game to succeed because it's great. Threfore I hope Cloudlet was sincere when he said he's back to developing the game, but I don't know.
So far though, when he said there will be an update, there was an update, so right now I have no reason to believe he's NOT working on it.
That his way of communicating barely and irregularly doesn't foster much enthusiasm in a fanbase is no news. On the other hand, what I find fascinating is the amount of refutable bullshit that people will write in here in an attempt to convict the dev of bullshitting. I don't mean yester64's comment, but this thread is long.
Will dev release the update on June 15 or in June at all? No idea. Is there anything I can do about it? No. You don't believe him? Too bad - say your piece and either stop supporting him or move on, life can be joyful again.
I don't know what you were saying about less and more and fingers in asses, but you already told us that English is not your language. Nor is it mine.

Reactions: filochard

BigIrishLug

Common Craic Producer
Donor
Aug 17, 2017
I don't know anything more than you do, I just want the game to succeed because it's great. Threfore I hope Cloudlet was sincere when he said he's back to developing the game, but I don't know.
So far though, when he said there will be an update, there was an update, so right now I have no reason to believe he's NOT working on it.
That his way of communicating barely and irregularly doesn't foster much enthusiasm in a fanbase is no news. On the other hand, what I find fascinating is the amount of refutable bullshit that people will write in here in an attempt to convict the dev of bullshitting. I don't mean yester64's comment, but this thread is long.
Will dev release the update on June 15 or in June at all? No idea. Is there anything I can do about it? No. You don't believe him? Too bad - say your piece and either stop supporting him or move on, life can be joyful again.
I don't know what you were saying about less and more and fingers in asses, but you already told us that English is not your language. Nor is it mine.
His last written word on SubscribeStar was the 17th of February, but on the Discord he popped in about 3 weeks ago and stated he was still working on the game. To me, it sounds like he is trying to chum the water to keep his supporters interested. I stopped supporting him t'day, I've had enough with the empty promises, Cloudlet's promises go brrr.

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
What you write has no logic.

Do you think the success of the game may depend on your unconditional obedience? Do you think that a game that continuously remains pending if not already abandoned is to be considered a successful project?

And do you think you can invoke the hope that an event will happen when all the available evidence proves the exact opposite?

Do you think that people have written and can continue to write irrefutable bullshit when it is and will be supported and if nothing else stems (rightly) from the rambling statements of the dev and give who (like you) has sworn obedience to him?

These theories of yours go far beyond the absurdity ...

Not to be categorical, I tell you that the only desirable theory is that this dev can change its attitude towards the project, its supporters and especially itself.
But you know, I think this theory of mine has a rare chance that it will also occur. I'm sorry to contradict you but, if you analyze well, your statements offend the most basic intelligence.

4.70 star(s) 109 Votes