4.70 star(s) 109 Votes

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
Having better equipment doesn't necessarily have to mean the output during updates will be (way) higher. If he's a perfectionist and wants every scene to be detailed, just setting one scene up can take hours before he actually starts rendering it.

Sure he can resume quicker if he had better hardware but on the other hand, the tendency to increase the resolution for better quality imagery will result in the same time rendering(or longer). It would only bring significant improvements in rendertime if the other factors remain the same or close to at least.

But we don't know the developer's daily schedule in life, so even if he had better equipment it might not even yield any improvements in amount of renders except for maybe on the weekends or days off from work. The likelihood of somebody working on scenes after work, queuing them and let it render while sleeping during the week is very high.

It also depends on how much of a certain scene is reused in subsequent renders as well, if the characters just sticks to one place it will be easier to render than if the characters visits a wide variety of locations.
Believe me, if you can't squeeze more renders per update upgrading from a 1060 there is something wrong with your methods, a 1080ti will cut your render time in half and more from a 1060, and they are "cheap".

Yes i agree, it takes a few hours the first time you make a scene after that if you have a good idea of how the scenes play out you can push 10 scenes per hour (without rendering), maybe more if you have a detailed script/story and a good system for poses/expressions. Also, usually on a project the first thing you do is set the places you already know you'll use, i've seen projects with all locations ready from beggining to end ready before designing characters, i'am not saying that everyone could/should use this method because every project is different, but it's good practice.

Schedule can be a pain, but let's be honest, theres games that are on v10 being developed for months and can't break the $100 barrier, if a dev don't see this as an opportunity to atleast give more of his time/investment it's because he doesn't care or have only a couple hours to work on the game per day, both are a problem long term.

D

Deleted member 3257669

Believe me, if you can't squeeze more renders per update upgrading from a 1060 there is something wrong with your methods, a 1080ti will cut your render time in half from a 1060, and they are "cheap".

Yes i agree, it takes a few hours the first time you make a scene after that if you have a good idea of how the scenes play out you can push 10 scenes per hour (without rendering), maybe more if you have a detailed script/story and a good system for poses/expressions. Also, usually on a project the first thing you do is set the places you already know you'll use, i've seen projects with all locations ready from beggining to end ready before designing characters, i'am not saying that everyone could/should use this method because every project is different, but it's good practice.

Schedule can be a pain, but let's be honest, theres games that are on v10 being developed for months and can't break the $100 barrier, if a dev don't see this as an opportunity to atleast give more of his time/investment it's because he doesn't care or have only a couple hours to work on the game per day, both are problem long term.
If the dev decides he can push his newly improved machine to increase the resolution of renders as he wished he could before, by per example increasing resolution from 1k to 2k/4k it, chances are it will take longer to pump out rendered scenes. Would it make sense, perhaps not but it's always a possibility.

We don't know what each individual dev does in his/her private life, perhaps he has kids? Perhaps he has a family member or partner that requires (medical) care? Perhaps he has a full/part-time job? There's a plethora of things that could negatively impact the time available to work on the game.

It's only a problem for those that make it a problem, personally I am patient and there's hundreds of other games to explore if one doesn't put out content every month, there's no point in nagging the dev to put out more, especially since he already set a goal on his Patreon for a new computer.

Aside from that people can decide themselves if they want to keep being subscribed on Patreon, having a higher subcount on Patreon than other games, doesn't mean he should rush his game more to cater a few (impatient) individuals. Nor does it mean he has so set aside other obligations in life to work on the game instead.

Freki.g

Jun 10, 2020
If the dev decides he can push his newly improved machine to increase the resolution of renders as he wished he could before, by per example increasing resolution from 1k to 2k/4k it, chances are it will take longer to pump out rendered scenes. Would it make sense, perhaps not but it's always a possibility.

We don't know what each individual dev does in his/her private life, perhaps he has kids? Perhaps he has a family member or partner that requires (medical) care? Perhaps he has a full/part-time job? There's a plethora of things that could negatively impact the time available to work on the game.

It's only a problem for those that make it a problem, personally I am patient and there's hundreds of other games to explore if one doesn't put out content every month, there's no point in nagging the dev to put out more, especially since he already set a goal on his Patreon for a new computer.

Aside from that people can decide themselves if they want to keep being subscribed on Patreon, having a higher subcount on Patreon than other games, doesn't mean he should rush his game more to cater a few (impatient) individuals. Nor does it mean he has so set aside other obligations in life to work on the game instead.
I share

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Right 19yrs old.. yah he looks 12yr old to me honestly.

If I can take this time to elaborate. Honestly i don't understand many milf orientated games with a son that is shorter than most of the females in the game or looks 12yrs old. What is the fascination by some devs with teen looking MC's? 20yrs and older is fine but has to look the part too.

Personally I can't get into character if my MC doesnt even have ball hairs yet.

It's in the dialogue, He's 19 but looks 14.

Reactions: ann87ra

Tod666

Sep 15, 2019
hello I have a little question ❓
I play on Android phone but with the joiplay application to be able to play also a pc version but the game does not want to open someone a solution?
thank you

Reactions: Jacksam422

ntrvip

Dec 15, 2020
I mean i don't see anything bad if the MC looks younger but actually meets the age requirement, Bad Bobby Saga was a good one with same "issue".. all about the depravation of a teenager wanting to fuck or abuse her family lol

Fantasy wise of course

Dongus420

May 21, 2018
Slow start so far but that's fine with me. Setting up the story so it will pay off later.

I enjoyed it, looking forward to the next update.

Reactions: Old Dog

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Fair enough but as i said not my thing. I know of Bad Bobby.

I mean i don't see anything bad if the MC looks younger but actually meets the age requirement, Bad Bobby Saga was a good one with same "issue".. all about the depravation of a teenager wanting to fuck or abuse her family lol

Fantasy wise of course

• Red Heart
Reactions: ntrvip
4.70 star(s) 109 Votes