4.00 star(s) 7 Votes

Akai Oni

Jan 28, 2018
Same, I really enjoyed this VN, people are just fanboying Majikoi because they're similar and it came out first... I for one want MORE of this kind of VN, They both have this charm that other VNs don't, so I would love Virgin Road to be translated... But no one will do it... also a decensor would be nice xD.
I know right! I definitely get that this would of course be compared to Majikoi a lot. Same art, same universe, and in a way a similar story. However, instead of the genius main character, we have this guy who is overly kind, but not to the point of a loser imo. He just has a character that's just so bland and normal, like a generic anime protagonist from a slice of life anime a decade ago.

This, in a way, is kinda refreshing for me compared to the protagonist of Majikoi and its huge storyline, not to mention the 2nd installment of Majikoi as well. Instead, we get a guy who's more relatable to generic people like us I guess?

Story wise, its definitely toned down compared to Majikoi, but the twist where you have to dump Tsujidou is so good in my opinion. While you can continue with her route, the fact that you are able to end the relationship and have an effect to the continuation of the story and other heroines is a huge move not even seen in Majikoi. It gets quite intense for me personally and I was really excited about it.

Sadly, while this VN hits for people who liked this kind of genre (strong girls with slapstick comedy and drama), it is always compared with Majikoi, and thus got overshadowed by the expectation of the previous work that Minato Soft had done.

I get it, the wide and thorough storyline of Majikoi, their lovely characters and unique art style and beautiful music, and the year that it came out as well makes it one of the best visual novels to date (I'm not kidding, check VNDB rankings), but Tsujidou-san is also a great addition to their portfolio that has its own toned down charm and with Minato Soft trying new, different approach to story telling while keeping their style.

But that's just my opinion anyway. For one, the change can be pretty daunting for people who liked more thorough storyline and more action and drama, and so I understand where the translator was coming from since it could be boring even to people who liked this genre.

Conclusion: Story and action is toned down and bland compared to Majikoi, and thus even people who liked this genre could find it boring even though it is pretty solid.

That's just my opinion tho. And personally I enjoyed it and would love to see more twist or even more drama on the Virgin Road installment. (when and if it gets translated that is)

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
But that's just my opinion anyway. For one, the change can be pretty daunting for people who liked more thorough storyline and more action and drama, and so I understand where the translator was coming from since it could be boring even to people who liked this genre.
Majikoi had nothing to do with the translators decision, he absolutely hated Maki's route, which a lot of us did.

He had to force himself to finish it but won't touch another of these games.

It didn't bring in enough sales to warrant an official translation.

Akai Oni

Jan 28, 2018
Majikoi had nothing to do with the translators decision, he absolutely hated Maki's route, which a lot of us did.

He had to force himself to finish it but won't touch another of these games.

It didn't bring in enough sales to warrant an official translation.
Ah yes, I guess I did word it out in a bad way. Of course at the end of it, whether a translator choose to translate something or not is up to their preference. I just thought that was obvious so I didn't typed it out. I was just trying to say as to why a lot of people seems to hate it other than the translators themselves, and I do agree that Maki's route is quite bland.

MrSerji

Sep 20, 2017
End all routes and find Ai's and Renna's the best. Maki and Saeko were too annoying for me in terms of their character...
Whereby Maki was in the end still ok.

Does anyone know which tools were used to translate the game?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Haha, very funny... -.-
You asked what tools he used, that was it.

From what he was saying while blogging, he does it by hand which is why he refuses to do the fandisk. He spent that long with this one and he hated it.

MrSerji

Sep 20, 2017
You asked what tools he used, that was it.

From what he was saying while blogging, he does it by hand which is why he refuses to do the fandisk. He spent that long with this one and he hated it.
By tool I actually meant what kind of software he used to change the texts in the game...
Translating RPG Maker games is relatively easy, but how does it work here?

Sry if I didn't write it out correctly...

AzraelStCloud

Jan 24, 2019
Honestly, I can understand the translators disdain for Maki's route, its not put together very well. The only reason I want Virgin Road translated truthfully is just so i can go down Ryou and Asusa's routes. I really liked Ryou in Jun'ai Road, her and MC had a nice dynamic and it made me want to see what a route would be like so when you finally get a chance and it get's shot down completely its quite saddening, especially when everything about Jun'ai Road was wonderful except for certain parts of Maki's route.

It's fine reading it in Japanese and all but my first experience with this VN was with that Translators version and thats what made me enjoy it so much. But it'd be unfair of us the fans to try and peer pressure him into doing Virgin Road when its something he wants no part of. you have to enjoy what your doing so that its done well and so that it comes out in a timely manner. I respect the Translator and his decisions though i may disagree. But you never know what the future may hold.

Reactions: ToraORA and MrSerji

andy1000

Sep 22, 2017
The game doesn't start for me. I keep clicking on the .exe file, but nothing happens. Anyone has any idea what could be wrong?

bllahbllub

May 5, 2017
Yeah, every other vn works, except this one
Installation:
SPOILER

Remember to set locale to japanese or run with Apploc.
1- Extract the Rar archiv into the folder that you desire.
2- Start 辻堂さんの純愛ロード.exe.
3- Click on the Middle Button to start the game.
start button.JPG

andy1000

Sep 22, 2017
Installation:
SPOILER

Remember to set locale to japanese or run with Apploc.
1- Extract the Rar archiv into the folder that you desire.
2- Start 辻堂さんの純愛ロード.exe.
3- Click on the Middle Button to start the game.
start button.JPG
Yeah, that's the problem. That window doesn't appear. When I start 辻堂さんの純愛ロード.exe, nothing happens.

Spideyknight

Jan 2, 2021
Yeah, that's the problem. That window doesn't appear. When I start 辻堂さんの純愛ロード.exe, nothing happens.
That window only ever appeared once for me. On subsequent plays, the game just boots right up. And yea Magi is better overall, but Ai gives some serious competition. The rest of the routes aren't great and it doesn't appear they are meant to be. I'd guess that has something to do with people's disdain. Whereas a few of the routes in Magi are as good as the "main" one.

Urusaisenpai

Walkthough-mod Creators are a godsent <3
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
I already downloaded it, but my English is not very good and I use Textractor to translate it.
The game is in English, Then you can translate the game from English to Your own language.
If you use Textractor. It hooks the game perfectly.

noko189

Nov 6, 2020
I really enjoyed this game. I guess it's not for everyone, but I loved it since it did not take itself so seriously. If anything I would liken it to an amateur drag queens performance. It has a strong visual identity, its not deep in any way, the drama comes and goes leaving you chuckling and overall experience sticks with you in the ''Oh yeah that was a fun thing that I might want to see again sometime'' kind of way.

Reactions: demonhuntercrow
4.00 star(s) 7 Votes