Votes: 1,121 19.4%
  • Narrative (VN)

Votes: 3,356 58.0%
  • I like both

Votes: 1,310 22.6%

• Total voters

robbaniak

Jul 17, 2019
Update v0.2b in short - when I loaded my saves from six months ago, I can present the entire gameplay in one picture:
Update.png

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Nice vote - and shows the problem with the genre. The devs want sandboxes because they allow them to stretch their content as thin as possible with grind and pointless freeroam - but advertise their games with "deep story" ...

The players want nice stories with some good choices ;)

Havent played this - maybe when there is no sandbox tag anymore. The last hybrid game sucked because the VN mode was clearly just the sandbox without the "gameplay" elements. And that is not the same as an well crafted VN.

Reactions: arms99

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
I ran into an issue with being unable to save, at all (zero saves):
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
Exception: Not saved - no valid save locations.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "G:\F95 Games\TwinHillsTale-0.2beta-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "G:\F95 Games\TwinHillsTale-0.2beta-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_load_save.rpym", line 35, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "G:\F95 Games\TwinHillsTale-0.2beta-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "G:\F95 Games\TwinHillsTale-0.2beta-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "G:\F95 Games\TwinHillsTale-0.2beta-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3518, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "G:\F95 Games\TwinHillsTale-0.2beta-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "G:\F95 Games\TwinHillsTale-0.2beta-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 47, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st)  # E1101
  File "G:\F95 Games\TwinHillsTale-0.2beta-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 998, in event
  File "G:\F95 Games\TwinHillsTale-0.2beta-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 714, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "G:\F95 Games\TwinHillsTale-0.2beta-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "G:\F95 Games\TwinHillsTale-0.2beta-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 244, in event
  File "G:\F95 Games\TwinHillsTale-0.2beta-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 962, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "G:\F95 Games\TwinHillsTale-0.2beta-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "G:\F95 Games\TwinHillsTale-0.2beta-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 320, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 372, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
  File "G:\F95 Games\TwinHillsTale-0.2beta-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 437, in save
    location.save(slotname, sr)
  File "G:\F95 Games\TwinHillsTale-0.2beta-pc\renpy\savelocation.py", line 429, in save
    raise Exception("Not saved - no valid save locations.")
Exception: Not saved - no valid save locations.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Twin Hills' Tale 0.2beta
Mon Mar 22 04:46:10 2021

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Twin Hills' Tale [v0.2b] Fokken Productions

Original Size Win/Linux: 1.08 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 194 MB: -
Compressed Size Mac: 177 MB: -

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:

Last edited:

rockyfokken

Game Developer
Jun 26, 2020
Good morning guys!

I'm really sorry about the situation with VN mode. The patch will have the VN option I've being working on it too.

As you can see there's not even the changelog yet because I literally posted it a few hours ago on my patreon and it was supposed to be a little more tested and finished before going public.

I cannot, unfortunately, skip work again this week but I will give 100% of my free time to finish the VN for this patch as quickly as I can.

Hope you are all doing well and have a great week guys.

Rocky,

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
As far i remember it, its entirely up to your choice! something to do with dom sub relationship with black n red haired girl! i cant remember the name!!!!
I don't like domination (neither dominate nor be submissive). I personally prefer to completely avoid LIs with this kind of fetish. On the other hand, the tags don't include anything about domination. I'd rather know if there's a lot of this.

rockyfokken

Game Developer
Jun 26, 2020
Is the Narrative(VN) mode coming back soon?
Ok,so we woted and about 60% vote for VN,yes?
AND in this update only have sandbox mode...
Ahhhaaam...... i pass,thanks the nothing
Update v0.2b in short - when I loaded my saves from six months ago, I can present the entire gameplay in one picture:
View attachment 1098005
Nice vote - and shows the problem with the genre. The devs want sandboxes because they allow them to stretch their content as thin as possible with grind and pointless freeroam - but advertise their games with "deep story" ...

The players want nice stories with some good choices ;)

Havent played this - maybe when there is no sandbox tag anymore. The last hybrid game sucked because the VN mode was clearly just the sandbox without the "gameplay" elements. And that is not the same as an well crafted VN.
Dev removed the narrative (VN) mode?
The narrative mode is alive and well! I'm working on it right now.

I'm, again, really sorry about this. This is one of the reasons why this particular version was not suppose to be public yet.

The game is originally designed as a sandbox but the new content is suppose to be also present in the narrative version and that is not changing!

My only focus at the moment is present the final 0.2 version with the narrative mode (that will be able to load previous saved games).

Have a great week guys,

Rocky,

Sexypeasan

Oct 4, 2020
Twin Hills' Tale [v0.2b] Fokken Productions

Original Size Win/Linux: 1.08 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 194 MB: MEGA - WORKUPLOAD
Compressed Size Mac: 177 MB: MEGA - WORKUPLOAD

This compression is unofficial. Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:
Man you are the best compressor here, see the difference in quality with the others is easy.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
I don't like domination (neither dominate nor be submissive). I personally prefer to completely avoid LIs with this kind of fetish. On the other hand, the tags don't include anything about domination. I'd rather know if there's a lot of this.
As far i remember it, its entirely up to your choice! something to do with dom sub relationship with black n red haired girl! i cant remember the name!!!!
rockyfokken, Is any kind of domination in the game?

Reactions: rockyfokken
3.80 star(s) 8 Votes