Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
My point is I don't think they would have subbed in the first place whatever they could say to to feel better.
Sure, of course the broke guys will never subscribe, but there are people who will have the money but don't see the need to subscribe if the update is constantly leaking. After all, we all like free things.

Last edited:

mentosa

Dec 5, 2021
Apr 16, 2020
Mere 2 weeks is but just a flash for a worker n' gamer. I can wait, i'm patient.
The point is to support the dev and the project. I can't support everyone so I pirate most of the games but I support a dozen games long term and buy some updates of other ones (but no more than $10)
Agreed, Baibai's marketing could use a little work, cause one needs to understand that he gets a lot of traffic and he isn't making use of that to gain money effectively.

I mean 5 dollars but still you have to wait 1 week? Might as well wait, that's what everyone would think. I mean it might it's probably gonna get leaked in 1 week, it ain't so worth it.

10 dollars to get instant access? Well it's an obvious choice to just subscribe to this....

But is this just it? No room for improvement?

Well obviously there is a problem in the early access date, at most 5 dollars should be 3 days-6 days wait and 10 dollars is for instant access. There is always a risk in leakage and and some would always think that there would be no need to even subscribe.

But that's not even the whole point, in this type of business little medium prices but a large amount of subscribers is where the money is at!
So there is a need to maintain customer satisfaction. Make it seem like its worth it to pay, as this game is really worth it.

Hypothetically speaking, a 5 dollar subscriber, played the game in a leaked source before the week. Now does he feel like his got his money's worth?

Again Hypothetically speaking, if there would be no leakage, 2 weeks passed, all is well, some was probably forced to subscribe due to no self control. It's a happy end right?
He got some good amount of money, all should work out. But next update, there's a leak. What would happen then?

The priority should always be getting loyal subscribers. And have a healthy amount of tier option that is optional like the 25 dollars subscriber for those who can afford it, and pay for it cause they love the game...
look at big games such as The Manor, My Pig Princess, The pilgrimage, Race of life and more as you can see, Real money comes from loyal fans who want to see game developers succeed and effectively sustain them. Even without constant update they get a good amount of money.
Short term profit like this creates problems.

Last edited:

DicksInSpace

Jul 8, 2017
Agreed, Baibai's marketing could use a little work, cause one needs to understand that he gets a lot of traffic and he isn't making use of that to gain money effectively. I mean 5 dollars but still you have to wait 1 week? Might as well wait, that's what everyone would think. I mean it might it's probably gonna get leaked in 1 week, it ain't so worth it.

10 dollars to get instant access? Well it's an obvious choice to just subscribe to this....

Well obviously there is a problem in the early access date, at most 5 dollars should be 3 days-6 days wait and 10 dollars is for instant access. There is always a risk in leakage and and some would always think that there would be no need to even subscribe.

But that's not even the whole point, in this type of business little medium prices but a large amount of players is where the money is at!
So there is a need to balance customer satisfaction as well. The dev should know the value of his craft and act accordingly.

Hypothetically a 5 dollar subscriber, played the game in a leaked source before the week. Now does he feel like his got his money's worth?

Hypothetically speaking, if there would be no leakage, 2 weeks passed, all is well, some was probably forced to subscribe due to no self control. Happy end right?

He got some good amount of money, all should work out. But next update, there's a leak. What would happen then?

The priority should always be getting loyal subscribers. And have a healthy amount of sum option that is optional like the 25 dollars subscriber for those who can afford it cause they love the game...
ook at big games such as The Manor, My Pig Princess, Race of life and more. Real money comes from loyal fans who want to see you succeed. Short term profit like this creates problems.
There is also the previews and occasional polls

• Thinking Face
Reactions: -Maniackanime-

PimbyBoink

Apr 20, 2019
Agreed, Baibai's marketing could use a little work, cause one needs to understand that he gets a lot of traffic and he isn't making use of that to gain money effectively.

I mean 5 dollars but still you have to wait 1 week? Might as well wait, that's what everyone would think. I mean it might it's probably gonna get leaked in 1 week, it ain't so worth it.

But that's not even the whole point, in this type of business little medium prices but a large amount of subscribers is where the money is at!
So there is a need to maintain customer satisfaction. Make it seem like its worth it to pay, as this game is really worth it.

Hypothetically speaking, a 5 dollar subscriber, played the game in a leaked source before the week. Now does he feel like his got his money's worth?

Again Hypothetically speaking, if there would be no leakage, 2 weeks passed, all is well, some was probably forced to subscribe due to no self control. It's a happy end right?

The priority should always be getting loyal subscribers. And have a healthy amount of sum option that is optional like the 25 dollars subscriber for those who can afford it, and pay for it cause they love the game...
look at big games such as The Manor, My Pig Princess, The pilgrimage, Race of life and more as you can see, Real money comes from loyal fans who want to see game developers they want to succeed and effectively sustain you. Even without constant update they get a good amount of money. Short term profit like this creates problems.
I get all my updates from F95's frontpage. I don't even check the new posts from the devs I support. I find it a lot more convenient. I also, for the most part, check the forums after the updates drop, for help and to read feedback. Anything else is just a waste of my time reading through thousands of posts like 'when is the update', 'the dev is sick', 'the dev is milking', etc.

So my point is, STOP thinking patreon is a supermarket once and for all. You give money to motivate creators to create! That's it! Everyone needs enough money to justify the work but not to much that they start slacking off. Give feedback to help improve things, pull your funding if you're not happy.

Uguei

Oct 18, 2021
That's a fallacy about piracy that major companies spread. Do you really think every pirate would buy the game if piracy didn't exist? I don't think so, they would just do something else or wait for a free version
I'd say that's fair for big AAA games made by huge corporations instead of the ones made by indie devs, specially for those that are part of very niche audiences -such as AVNs-. It's absurd to think that leaking an update early does no damage to the dev earnings, even more so when there are different price options.

In a $60 game, sure, the pirates won't buy it at that price so leaking it won't really matter. In a $5-15 game? You can be sure that people who would've been willing to pay for it will chose not to if it ends up getting leaked.

Reactions: Sh4dyW0lf

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I'd say that's fair for big AAA games made by huge corporations instead of the ones made by indie devs, specially for those that are part of very niche audiences -such as AVNs-. It's absurd to think that leaking an update early does no damage to the dev earnings, even more so when there are different price options.

In a $60 game, sure, the pirates won't buy it at that price so leaking it won't really matter. In a $5-15 game? You can be sure that people who would've been willing to pay for it will chose not to if it ends up getting leaked.
Maybe. Maybe not. But compared to a $60 game, you could also say that people are more inclined to buy a $5-15 game.

Dogorti

Jan 23, 2021
Maybe. Maybe not. But compared to a $60 game, you could also say that people are more inclined to buy a $5-15 game.
Kinda off topic but I would like to know where the games are for $60. new games are $70 at least in next gen lol :censored::cry:

Apr 16, 2020
I get all my updates from F95's frontpage. I don't even check the new posts from the devs I support. I find it a lot more convenient. I also, for the most part, check the forums after the updates drop, for help and to read feedback. Anything else is just a waste of my time reading through thousands of posts like 'when is the update', 'the dev is sick', 'the dev is milking', etc.

So my point is, STOP thinking patreon is a supermarket once and for all. You give money to motivate creators to create! That's it! Everyone needs enough money to justify the work but not to much that they start slacking off. Give feedback to help improve things, pull your funding if you're not happy.
Dude I just pointed a flaw in the system that could help or Improve "things", how can people "give money to motivate creators to create" when the creators themselves are doing it so inefficiently and whether you like it or not, patreon is a opportunity to give stable income to artist all over the world, it's not so simple as you see it to be.

as for your first paragraph, just use Latest Update for update drops, search engines in the threads for help and reviews for reading feedbacks. I don't even know why you bothered to type it as it is irrelevant, especially cause you seem to prefer a very convenient life.

Reactions: MisterDagamo

Mark17

May 15, 2017
Baibai should seriously consider use Patreon, yeah! I know about the "incest is forbidden" rule but still, if he wanted more money he has to "compromise" and oblige to the rules.

• Hey there
Reactions: | Vee |
4.60 star(s) 128 Votes