ScyTheFox

Apr 8, 2021
I got a sound problem at this exact moment of the game:
1729028202378.png
The e_sfx repeats itself in a loop, even when progressing through the renders.
The affected sound is in this folder:
1729028357321.png
and the line of code can be foud here:
1729028440464.png
(game/d2.rpy)

Following commands in the console did not stop the affected sound:
renpy.sound.set_volume(0.0,channel="sound")
renpy.sound.set_volume(0.0,channel="audio")
renpy.sound.set_volume(0.0,channel="sfx")
renpy.sound.set_volume(0.0,channel="hsfx")
renpy.sound.set_volume(0.0,channel="hsfxl")
renpy.sound.set_volume(0.0,channel="e_sfx")
>(all these with '.stop' instead of '.set_volume' as well)
renpy.sound.stop(filename="audio/e_sfx/ff/short_breath.01.wav")

I also got 2 versions of the game. One version is modded with the WT, the other is not.
This problem occurs on both versions. The showcase obove occurs on the modded version. On the default version, the problem is pretty similiar, occuring at the same scene, but another sfx is affected.

I'd appreciate any form of constructive support.
I am at the very beginning of understanding ren'py and python, so please dont go too harsh on me, not even understanding basic commands within python right away, ty :) (please dont hesitate, GPT can solve the understanding for me)

EDIT20241016 - 01:34~ o'clock UTC+1:
I managed to have this scene without sound trouble within the default version. I effectively just took a savedata from before (the moment of confrontation with Viktoria before) and the sound issue has not occured - choice with Steph was groping tits. (Default [nonmodded] - v0.8hd-pc)
I'll test this thoughfully tomorrow, so this doc might change then, or i just write another, depending on the problem.

Last edited:

BaiBai_

Game Developer
Aug 31, 2022
I got a sound problem at this exact moment of the game:
View attachment 4136717
The e_sfx repeats itself in a loop, even when progressing through the renders.
The affected sound is in this folder:
View attachment 4136721
and the line of code can be foud here:
View attachment 4136725
(game/d2.rpy)

Following commands in the console did not stop the affected sound:
renpy.sound.set_volume(0.0,channel="sound")
renpy.sound.set_volume(0.0,channel="audio")
renpy.sound.set_volume(0.0,channel="sfx")
renpy.sound.set_volume(0.0,channel="hsfx")
renpy.sound.set_volume(0.0,channel="hsfxl")
renpy.sound.set_volume(0.0,channel="e_sfx")
>(all these with '.stop' instead of '.set_volume' as well)
renpy.sound.stop(filename="audio/e_sfx/ff/short_breath.01.wav")

I also got 2 versions of the game. One version is modded with the WT, the other is not.
This problem occurs on both versions. The showcase obove occurs on the modded version. On the default version, the problem is pretty similiar, occuring at the same scene, but another sfx is affected.

I'd appreciate any form of constructive support.
I am at the very beginning of understanding ren'py and python, so please dont go too harsh on me, not even understanding basic commands within python right away, ty :) (please dont hesitate, GPT can solve the understanding for me)

EDIT20241016 - 01:34~ o'clock UTC+1:
I managed to have this scene without sound trouble within the default version. I effectively just took a savedata from before (the moment of confrontation with Viktoria before) and the sound issue has not occured - choice with Steph was groping tits. (Default [nonmodded] - v0.8hd-pc)
I'll test this thoughfully tomorrow, so this doc might change then, or i just write another, depending on the problem.
For the modded version: I don't know. My guess would be that the sound channels don't get defined in the script.rpy and that may be why they loop by default. If you want to fix it yourself look whether these lines of code are in the script file and if not paste them there (don't define the same channel twice):
Code:
init python:
    renpy.music.register_channel("sfx2", "sound", loop=False)
    renpy.music.register_channel("hsfx1", "voice", loop=False)
    renpy.music.register_channel("hsfx2", "voice", loop=False)
For the non-modded version: I believe there are still about a handful of these looping sounds that don't get stopped properly in v0.8b. I should have fixed them awhile ago but I always pushed it back to v0.9 and well, now here we are.

Either way, here are the non-modded d1-d6.rpy files with all the sound bugs I could find fixed. (These won't work with the modded version). If you find more feel free to share them. If you want to fix them yourself all you have to do is to put "stop *Channel-name*" (for example: "stop hsfx1") where you want the sound to stop looping. Alternatively the looping sounds get canceled by themselves when another sound of the same channel is played (but that may take a while with some of them).

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
For the modded version: I don't know. My guess would be that the sound channels don't get defined in the script.rpy and that may be why they loop by default. If you want to fix it yourself look whether these lines of code are in the script file and if not paste them there (don't define the same channel twice):
Code:
init python:
For the non-modded version: I believe there are still about a handful of these looping sounds that don't get stopped properly in v0.8b. I should have fixed them awhile ago but I always pushed it back to v0.9 and well, now here we are.

Either way, here are the non-modded d1-d6.rpy files with all the sound bugs I could find fixed. (These won't work with the modded version). If you find more feel free to share them. If you want to fix them yourself all you have to do is to put "stop *Channel-name*" (for example: "stop hsfx1") where you want the sound to stop looping. Alternatively the looping sounds get canceled by themselves when another sound of the same channel is played (but that may take a while with some of them).
Hope everything is good with you, and hope you take the needed rest. I'm sure most fans understand the need of delay, take the time needed, if that's what it takes to assure quality on the release then I'll calmly wait till then.

Best Regards.

ScyTheFox

Apr 8, 2021
Code:
init python:

Wow, thanks a lot for that, this will definetly help me out <3
Thank you for all your effort and content! I hope you get the rest you well deserve!

ScyTheFox

Apr 8, 2021
Ill stick with the non-modded version for the testing phase, cause the mod alters the code and i dont want any False-False in the protocol. For the testing phase itself, id like to postpone it a few days, just because i prefer to continue my current playthrough. Also there are some other bugs regarding sound, i like to lay an eye on as well. Any fix or workaround i am able to achieve will be posted in this thread.

Son_of_ogre

Oct 2, 2024
Gosh, how big is this game?!
I don't think I'm even half way of the game, but I have to admit this game is really good!

At first I thought another harem game with pathetic wimp MC, but MC's starting to change a lot, he's quite intelligent too!

This is the type of harem game which's really rare to find nowadays.:(

MaxRichard

Oct 7, 2023
Gosh, how big is this game?!
I don't think I'm even half way of the game, but I have to admit this game is really good!

At first I thought another harem game with pathetic wimp MC, but MC's starting to change a lot, he's quite intelligent too!

This is the type of harem game which's really rare to find nowadays.:(
It's truly a gem. I think the pics in the OP make it look way dumber than it is. I'm guilty of postponing this game for far too long expecting too little from it even though many people praised it. It's my ATF

4.60 star(s) 138 Votes