Nov 9, 2022
Rather than skimming through a bunch of pages of posts, could someone please explain to me the difference between "Seduction" and "Corruption" in this game? What are the end results of these paths? Thanks in advance!

Edit: Hmm. Having gotten a little further into the game, it looks like it's "Love" vs "Lust"? Well, that's how I'm going to interpret it.

Last edited:

crowbar214

Apr 25, 2021
Rather than skimming through a bunch of pages of posts, could someone please explain to me the difference between "Seduction" and "Corruption" in this game? What are the end results of these paths? Thanks in advance!
For the six main love interests, Corruption is a darker path narratively. The Seduction path is narratively lighter in tone. The Corruption points for the secondary love interests do not lead to particularly dark paths, at least not yet.

Fair warning, the Cathrine corruption route is pretty dark this update. There's also an option to add Netori to her route (cuckolding Aden). Also, the Emily corruption route gets a weird nightmare at the start of this update.

Last edited:

Speppo82

Jun 21, 2020
I think there’s too much talking and less action in this game. Hope to see more sex scenes and good luck with this project

Nov 9, 2022
For the six main love interests, Corruption is a darker path narratively. The Seduction path is narratively lighter in tone. The Corruption points for the secondary love interests do not lead to particularly dark paths, at least not yet.

Fair warning, the Cathrine corruption route is pretty dark this update. There's also an option to add Netori to her route (cuckolding Aden). Also, the Emily corruption route gets a weird nightmare at the start of this update.
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.

Reactions: crowbar214

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019

Edit: Hmm. Having gotten a little further into the game, it looks like it's "Love" vs "Lust"? Well, that's how I'm going to interpret it.
This is pretty good distinction, with the added caveat that MC is way more forceful and the overall arc is more darker for main LIs, example Catherin scene in this latest update.

Tronic101

Apr 6, 2022
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/d5.rpy", line 6650, in script
    $ mcsms.sms("Hey")
  File "game/d5.rpy", line 6650, in <module>
    $ mcsms.sms("Hey")
  File "game/phoneexample.rpy", line 96, in sms
    self.where.append([self.quien,[self.img,[self.what]]])
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'append'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    $ mcsms.sms("Hey")
  File "/mnt/Data/Games/Twisted_Memories-v0.7a-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 1138, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "/mnt/Data/Games/Twisted_Memories-v0.7a-pc/renpy/python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
    $ mcsms.sms("Hey")

Linux-6.5.5-zen1-1-zen-x86_64-with-glibc2.38 x86_64
Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
Twisted Memories v0.7a
Sun Oct  8 09:45:06 2023

crowbar214

Apr 25, 2021
Code:

While running game code:
    $ mcsms.sms("Hey")
    $ mcsms.sms("Hey")

Full traceback:
    $ mcsms.sms("Hey")
  File "/mnt/Data/Games/Twisted_Memories-v0.7a-pc/renpy/ast.py", line 1138, in execute
  File "/mnt/Data/Games/Twisted_Memories-v0.7a-pc/renpy/python.py", line 1122, in py_exec_bytecode
    $ mcsms.sms("Hey")

Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
Twisted Memories v0.7a
Sun Oct  8 09:45:06 2023
This same issue was raised on Discord, and BaiBai could not replicate it, so he couldn't find what was wrong to fix it.

Tronic101

Apr 6, 2022
This same issue was raised on Discord, and BaiBai could not replicate it, so he couldn't find what was wrong to fix it.
Here's a save file just before the issue. If it can't be fixed, maybe someone could provide a save just after that point?

Jerecapra

Mar 24, 2020
Code:
Here's a save file just before the issue. If it can't be fixed, maybe someone could provide a save just after that point?
That's what BaiBai gets for copy pasting shitty code and not debugging it. 's where he seems to have gotten it from if anyone cares.

The problem is this system assumes the chat is always initialized by whoever the MC is texting. So, if the MC texts first, as is the case here, it crashes because some variables aren't initialized properly. Honestly, after a quick look I couldn't be bothered to fix this ugly ass code. Whoever coded this should be banned from ever producing any more python code, I swear. Who the fuck codes like this, jfc.

For a quick fix, go to line 6649 in the file d5.rpy, which should be an empty line, and add the following:
Python:
    $ csms.sms(" ")
Make sure indentation lines up properly.

What it does: It adds an empty text sent by the person MC is texting, in this case Catherine, so that the problem mentioned above is circumvented.

If the same error shows up later when texting Aden, add
Python:
            $ cbfsms.sms(" ")
in line ~8500. I don't know if it's necessary here, but just in case. I haven't really tested whether it crashes here as well.

Here's the file with both of these in place with Joker's mod. If you're not using the mod already don't download this file. Or download it and don't complain to me if something breaks.

Last edited:

Tronic101

Apr 6, 2022
That's what BaiBai gets for copy pasting shitty code and not debugging it. 's where he seems to have gotten it from if anyone cares.

The problem is this system assumes the chat is always initialized by whoever the MC is texting. So, if the MC texts first, as is the case here, it crashes because some variables aren't initialized properly. Honestly, after a quick look I couldn't be bothered to fix this ugly ass code. Whoever coded this should be banned from ever producing any more python code, I swear. Who the fuck codes like this, jfc.

For a quick fix, go to line 6649 in the file d5.rpy, which should be an empty line, and add the following:
Python:
    $ csms.sms(" ")
Make sure indentation lines up properly.

What it does: It adds an empty text sent by the person MC is texting, in this case Catherine, so that the problem mentioned above is circumvented.

If the same error shows up later when texting Aden, add
Python:
            $ cbfsms.sms(" ")
in line ~8500. I don't know if it's necessary here, but just in case. I haven't really tested whether it crashes here as well.

Here's the file with both of these in place with Joker's mod. If you're not using the mod already don't download this file. Or download it and don't complain to me if something breaks.

Hey, thanks for taking a look. Unfortunately I get a bunch of errors upon loading any recent save. This is with Joker's Mod. I tried manually editing the d5 file as described but the result is the same.

Code:

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 479, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "/mnt/Data/Games/Twisted_Memories-v0.7a-pc/renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "/mnt/Data/Games/Twisted_Memories-v0.7a-pc/renpy/display/core.py", line 3579, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "/mnt/Data/Games/Twisted_Memories-v0.7a-pc/renpy/display/core.py", line 4540, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "/mnt/Data/Games/Twisted_Memories-v0.7a-pc/renpy/display/layout.py", line 1177, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "/mnt/Data/Games/Twisted_Memories-v0.7a-pc/renpy/display/transition.py", line 53, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "/mnt/Data/Games/Twisted_Memories-v0.7a-pc/renpy/display/layout.py", line 1177, in event
  File "/mnt/Data/Games/Twisted_Memories-v0.7a-pc/renpy/display/screen.py", line 770, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "/mnt/Data/Games/Twisted_Memories-v0.7a-pc/renpy/display/layout.py", line 1401, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "/mnt/Data/Games/Twisted_Memories-v0.7a-pc/renpy/display/layout.py", line 279, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "/mnt/Data/Games/Twisted_Memories-v0.7a-pc/renpy/display/layout.py", line 1401, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "/mnt/Data/Games/Twisted_Memories-v0.7a-pc/renpy/display/layout.py", line 279, in event
  File "/mnt/Data/Games/Twisted_Memories-v0.7a-pc/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 1138, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "/mnt/Data/Games/Twisted_Memories-v0.7a-pc/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 1071, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "/mnt/Data/Games/Twisted_Memories-v0.7a-pc/renpy/display/behavior.py", line 375, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 479, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "/mnt/Data/Games/Twisted_Memories-v0.7a-pc/renpy/loadsave.py", line 813, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "/mnt/Data/Games/Twisted_Memories-v0.7a-pc/renpy/rollback.py", line 1108, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "/mnt/Data/Games/Twisted_Memories-v0.7a-pc/renpy/rollback.py", line 908, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "/mnt/Data/Games/Twisted_Memories-v0.7a-pc/renpy/rollback.py", line 826, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Ren'Py 8.1.1.23060707
Twisted Memories v0.7a
Sun Oct  8 12:06:29 2023

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 128 Votes