Draverik

Apr 21, 2017
Isn't the sandbox version difficult? I mean, doesn't it contain many steps to reach a scene? Doesn't it bother you?
It's just badly designed and fucking terrible when approaching multiple characters at a time.
The game will tell you when and where to talk to somebody in order to advance their story, so for example if you need to talk to mom on saturday morning and another character happens to have an event also on saturday you have to choose one and then skip to next saturday for the other person because the even takes up all day for no reason other than to stretch the gameplay time.
Most events are just a same scene you've seen already with slightly different dialogue so it get's anoying really fast.

Reactions: Motoko Kusanagi

Murgle

Aug 23, 2018
Snats posted a bunch of stuff on the Discord, answering questions.

Begin SNATS:

"The plot story is still the same as the previous old version:

- MC dies wakes up in heaven
- got send to hell
- DQ gives him a new life

That part is still the same but on the rework what I did is to extend and explain this even better and between them I added more content like:

- MC appears in heaven (heaven is now a Map that you can explore and interact with angels and White souls)
- There will be some side quest in heaven to complete
- then you will get send to hell (where it is also a map to explore where you can interact with demons and black souls)
- There will be some side quest in hell to complete
- The story in hell totally different as the previous one, I made this one way more deeper and also better for development in the future updates.
- You get sent to your new life
- the Hospital is a map you could explore and interact with doctors, nurses, patients, and other NPCs that will be wandering there.
- there will be a lot of main and side quest in the stay of MC in the hospital (The prologue)
- You will have access to your phone from the very start of your first meet with the main characters
- the story related to the main characters and the main girl of the prologue (Tomoe) is more deep and extend
- and all the animations, scenes, are totally new and upgraded with my current level of knowledge, on the old version prologue I didnt knew shit about animating or camera angles

and a lot of other stuff that I can not say because of spoiler, but the only similar thing between the old version and the rework is the same plot of reversed morals and the same characters, meanwhile the story is totally new, keeping in mind the main points of the old one and fixing all the story holes that I had on the previous game"

End SNATS:

So, he's aware of the mess the game got into, and all the folks griping about that should be happy that he's fixing all that, or so he says. In a way, the long delay is a good thing?

That's assuming he comes through, but unlike a lot of devs, SNATS seems like he's got plenty of energy for the work and is keeping his interest, so maybe.

If he follows through, the first section of the rework seems to be almost as big as the whole game used to be! He also posted that he's got ideas and material enough for at least two more complete games in the 'Twisted World Cinematic Universe', so who knows.

Babbaba

Nov 16, 2019
If he follows through, the first section of the rework seems to be almost as big as the whole game used to be! He also posted that he's got ideas and material enough for at least two more complete games in the 'Twisted World Cinematic Universe', so who knows.
Based on what I've seen there's no way in hell he'll make two more completed games if ever finishes this first one.

VRGO

Feb 29, 2020
So, he's aware of the mess the game got into, and all the folks griping about that should be happy that he's fixing all that, or so he says. In a way, the long delay is a good thing?

That's assuming he comes through, but unlike a lot of devs, SNATS seems like he's got plenty of energy for the work and is keeping his interest, so maybe.

"The intro of the rework is as big as the old game" is just as much a red flag as it is a selling point. You extend that to the whole rest of the game and that means that to get to the point we're currently at is going to take a metric fuckton of work and I don't think I've ever seen a dev on here actually hunker down and complete something that big. Would love to be proven wrong, though.

and yeah like the poster above me said there's absolutely 0 chance he makes another 2 TW games if this one ever comes around to being finished lmao

cumsumnida

Jul 18, 2021
"The intro of the rework is as big as the old game" is just as much a red flag as it is a selling point. You extend that to the whole rest of the game and that means that to get to the point we're currently at is going to take a metric fuckton of work and I don't think I've ever seen a dev on here actually hunker down and complete something that big. Would love to be proven wrong, though.

and yeah like the poster above me said there's absolutely 0 chance he makes another 2 TW games if this one ever comes around to being finished lmao
Holy fuck, that's a huge red flag lmao.

SS4312

Nov 3, 2018
An odd question, but does anyone know other VN's where characters get shit-eating grins like in this or Fantasy Opposite?

VRGO

Feb 29, 2020
Is this shit coming out this holidays or not? Cuz I'm tired of checking a new update:mad::mad::poop::ROFLMAO:
Optimistically, early 2024 is when we've been told the intended release date is.

Realistically, I'd be shocked this ever comes out, considering most games that take the "full game remake" route either
a) Die before it's ever released because the dev burned themselves out because they've burdened themselves with an inhumane amount of work
b) Go the "It's coming soon I swear" route where they drip feed just enough content about the new and upcoming release to keep their Patreon money flowing and it ends up ballooning to such an overhyped, overpromised mess that even if it were to come out it would fail to deliver on what the dev promised it would be

Not trying to doompost or anything, just saying to be realistic lol. It'll be a while before it's out no matter what happens

4.20 star(s) 200 Votes