eternalkaiser

Sep 2, 2019
Look at his Subscribestar donation goal or what either I or Zaebalo8 posted since we took a screenshot of said goal. Also you seem to be missing the point, again, yes his later updates took 6 months (If you look at his twitter and earlier post on Subscribestar you'd see how long it took for his earlier updates) but those updates that took 6 months added loads of content, I don't have the exact timing but if someone knows every update that took 6 months how much time each update added cause at the very least it's far more then 15-20 minutes. I think his 0.7 update took me a couple hours to complete with what he added (It has been a long time so I may be remembering wrong) If I am wrong and every update that took 6 months only added 15-20 minutes of content then I really hyped this game up in my head more then I thought. Think of it like this, every 6 months you get a whole turkey, all of a sudden the person giving you thisy says he needs some time to make it easier to get the turkey to you and get it quicker, then after 1 year where he shows he's supposedly making it easier to get the turkey to you faster by getting things built and made and then claims to have all the hard work more or less done, then when you get your turkey, it's only a leg and you are told you'll get the rest soon, and you keep getting told that for another 6 months. You see the issue or do I need to dumb it down further?
Ok, this I can get. yea it was too short and a disappointment, I agree with that, but one bad update don’t make it a “scam” or “ milking it” , cuz I agree the amount we got was short and not much to go on, but I understand it’s a remake, I don’t make games and idk how long they take. But I was willing to give him another update or two to make a determination

your not wrong the. Big 6 month updates were 40 mins or more woth of stuff, I just don’t get all the ppl who are on here everyday crying about it….i come back every 6 months to see if he has something and read forms( maybe I should not read forums lol but it’s funny to see ppl act this way over a free game)
and yea I didn’t know what to expect with the remake I didn’t read any of his post, I thought we might get the whole game ( the same story and evens but just better models and look) but I was suprised when it was a more fleshed out version, maybe that’s why I was not mad at the short length of the remake so far, becuse idk it’s crazy but.. I do like the story and his characters it’s the main reason I post in this one, most other h games on here idc about and just do and jerk, but I like the concet of this, and I enjoyed his work so far.

so maybe that’s why I can give dude more of a leash……and I’m not looking to jerk everyday( h games ain’t my life lol)

Reiyayru

Jun 2, 2018
Ok, this I can get. yea it was too short and a disappointment, I agree with that, but one bad update don’t make it a “scam” or “ milking it” , cuz I agree the amount we got was short and not much to go on, but I understand it’s a remake, I don’t make games and idk how long they take. But I was willing to give him another update or two to make a determination

your not wrong the. Big 6 month updates were 40 mins or more woth of stuff, I just don’t get all the ppl who are on here everyday crying about it….i come back every 6 months to see if he has something and read forms( maybe I should not read forums lol but it’s funny to see ppl act this way over a free game)
and yea I didn’t know what to expect with the remake I didn’t read any of his post, I thought we might get the whole game ( the same story and evens but just better models and look) but I was suprised when it was a more fleshed out version, maybe that’s why I was not mad at the short length of the remake so far, becuse idk it’s crazy but.. I do like the story and his characters it’s the main reason I post in this one, most other h games on here idc about and just do and jerk, but I like the concet of this, and I enjoyed his work so far.

so maybe that’s why I can give dude more of a leash……and I’m not looking to jerk everyday( h games ain’t my life lol)
I gave him more of a leash up till April where I cut it. You see everyone who defends him talking about how it takes 6 months for his updates are forgetting or ignoring he took a whole 12 months to work on stuff before that, 2 of his own development cycles claiming to make stuff ahead of time and build stuff to make the updates come out faster and make it easier on him. But even after 12 months his release schedule hasn't changed, and he's putting out less content. By your own words he should of released at minimum 2 hours of content after 12 months working and releasing the prologue and now taking 6 months again to release more. But while better in quality he's only released 15 minutes in 18 months and that's the biggest reason why people are so upset. Also I just have this open in a tab next to one that has the latest updated games that I check everyday to see if I find anything to grab and see if the games that I play for more then just to fap have updated, I also check this forum everyday cause I entered the conversation and have engaged with people on here so I am here more for replying to people and seeing news then seeing if Snatz has updated the game. I don't think I have been to the first page of this forum for a long time beyond going there one or twice to fact check his subscribestar and twitter.

Broeng

Jun 2, 2024
Guys after the event where you encounter ms torres what do you need to do to progress the story? Like encountering nora...
( I have already completed the 4 main characters and don't know what to do)

mrmiles01

May 8, 2018
Anyways, I just played the remake. Wanted to wait for more content but you know... I think "gameplay" wise it is a massive improvement and looks really professional. The dynamic cursor and decision system (if it actually works will see) seems a huge step up. So I hope it turns out great and will have lots of content. I just want a good game

Sep 5, 2020

Im curious how many months into you would consider it some form of milking?

- We are currently at 18months going or 19 with one 15min prologue. 1/1/2023 - 7/30/2024
- To give context it took snat 24 months to give us the original game and all the updates we had for that game. 12/31/2020 - 12/26/2022

Unless snat got drop on his head it would be safe to assume he could give us at least half the content he once did in the same amount of time.

Here the link for anyone who want to fact check these dates

bidner233

Aug 12, 2022
Half of this thread the past few weeks or whatever I've been gone is you arguing with everyone. Take whatever 30 seconds a day you spend "touching grass" and like 10x that.

My dude, I'm going to be real, at least the shitposting about the grift/scam and shills coming into the thread to bitch about it is at least amusing for most people. Props for having some fun making the comics but this probably isn't the place for it. No hate from me but just saying. Maybe make a dA or something.
Uhh buddy you’re still talking in this thread also so its kinda ironic saying touch grass when you’re doing the same shit

Reactions: metroids

ScentedElf

Jan 9, 2020
I agree with 60% of this comment. However, as per the release schedule.. It's been passed around for a while that a big reason why the remake took a year to release was because Snats was pre-creating a bunch of characters which would supposedly decrease development time. If this is false, I'd like to see the original posts about the remake, but until then I'm going with this narrative.

This further compounds with the narrative that the remake had to happen because the OG models were causing clipping problems, which seemingly slowed down development. So, on one hand, the pre-creation of characters should speed up development, and the new characters should also speed up development, but development was not sped up, how is it a non-issue?

Plus, it feels like development times have been increasing across the board within this community, so there are going to be those that are already unhappy with the state of the community, but then this happens in a game they enjoy? Naturally they're going to be annoyed. When you add in the fact that so many people disliked the initial release? Not to mention that people are gradually discovering that Snats has a stretch goal for creating a second game on his SS despite being unable to finish the intro for this one?
You make plenty of fair points. I didn't really take the narrative that the work up until now had a secondary intent of speeding up all future updates into account in my first message for two main reasons. The first is I have only seen this mentioned as hopeful remarks made by this community and not an actual statement/promise made by the dev. It definitely makes sense that having every single asset from characters to areas to everything in between should help the game development progress far more smoothly especially since it indicates that there is a clear laid out plan for how the story will progress and things aren't just being made up with each new update. So while I do try to keep a more positive mindset, it is very discouraging to see all of that seemingly not being the case. And if Snats had made remarks alluding to this being one of the selling points of why the remake must be done then yeah that is more than a valid reason for the people to be upset or agitated.

As for the second reason I didn't take it into account is I don't think Snats's struggles lie in asset creation. Sure there was the clipping with bigger models, but the stuff they make looks fantastic and judging by the immense character roster, it's something they have a knack for. Judging from the state of older releases and what far more knowledgeable people have said on this forum in the past I think Snats is just terrible at coding the actual game. Personally, when the remake was announced I was always hoping the dev had gone back and taken the time to seriously review how to add and code all the features they had planned rather than creating all the characters since the code is the basis everything else will sit upon. I think if we are to give Snats the benefit of the doubt this would explain why despite having everything in place from the story to the character models to the environments made ahead of time we have not seen an increase in development speed. Because, you can't do anything with any of them if the game just crashes nonstop or whatever other issues may exist.

As for the community as a whole I really can't speak about that. Game development is not an easy thing and everyone will have a different starting point in both their skill as well as their natural talent for learning things quickly. But I still see plenty of games with very regular, well-maintained update schedules such as Crimson High. On the other hand, I also see games getting abandoned frequently as well. This is a large space that has only grown and so it's really hard to make these umbrella statements about whether or not things are getting worse.

Lastly, pertaining to the stretch goal to start the development of another game I agree, I think with the current development time that is just a dumb idea. But, Snats has always had this goal. Back before the patreon was nuked it was the highest tier goal and something Snats refered to as something they would do if their community showed interest in it. So this isn't a new notion that popped up out of nowhere. I don't know why this has only just recently become such a hot issue. If this was only recently added to the goals on the subscribestar page then that is admittedly a bad look. What I hope is the case is that this is just something they carried over from Patreon without a second thought and has been an ambitious hope/dream in the creator's mind for a long time and nothing more than that. I hope this isn't something they would actually act on the second the goal was met or something like that without considering just how this could impact Twisted World. But to know the truth the dev would have to communicate with the community and just tell us flat out what's going through their mind. And at the end of the day that's what I hate most about this. We're mostly left to speculate and hope or give the benefit of the doubt when instead it'd be great if we could just ask Snats what is going on and get a simple, clear cut answer.

bidner233

Aug 12, 2022
You make plenty of fair points. I didn't really take the narrative that the work up until now had a secondary intent of speeding up all future updates into account in my first message for two main reasons. The first is I have only seen this mentioned as hopeful remarks made by this community and not an actual statement/promise made by the dev. It definitely makes sense that having every single asset from characters to areas to everything in between should help the game development progress far more smoothly especially since it indicates that there is a clear laid out plan for how the story will progress and things aren't just being made up with each new update. So while I do try to keep a more positive mindset, it is very discouraging to see all of that seemingly not being the case. And if Snats had made remarks alluding to this being one of the selling points of why the remake must be done then yeah that is more than a valid reason for the people to be upset or agitated.

As for the second reason I didn't take it into account is I don't think Snats's struggles lie in asset creation. Sure there was the clipping with bigger models, but the stuff they make looks fantastic and judging by the immense character roster, it's something they have a knack for. Judging from the state of older releases and what far more knowledgeable people have said on this forum in the past I think Snats is just terrible at coding the actual game. Personally, when the remake was announced I was always hoping the dev had gone back and taken the time to seriously review how to add and code all the features they had planned rather than creating all the characters since the code is the basis everything else will sit upon. I think if we are to give Snats the benefit of the doubt this would explain why despite having everything in place from the story to the character models to the environments made ahead of time we have not seen an increase in development speed. Because, you can't do anything with any of them if the game just crashes nonstop or whatever other issues may exist.

As for the community as a whole I really can't speak about that. Game development is not an easy thing and everyone will have a different starting point in both their skill as well as their natural talent for learning things quickly. But I still see plenty of games with very regular, well-maintained update schedules such as Crimson High. On the other hand, I also see games getting abandoned frequently as well. This is a large space that has only grown and so it's really hard to make these umbrella statements about whether or not things are getting worse.

Lastly, pertaining to the stretch goal to start the development of another game I agree, I think with the current development time that is just a dumb idea. But, Snats has always had this goal. Back before the patreon was nuked it was the highest tier goal and something Snats refered to as something they would do if their community showed interest in it. So this isn't a new notion that popped up out of nowhere. I don't know why this has only just recently become such a hot issue. If this was only recently added to the goals on the subscribestar page then that is admittedly a bad look. What I hope is the case is that this is just something they carried over from Patreon without a second thought and has been an ambitious hope/dream in the creator's mind for a long time and nothing more than that. I hope this isn't something they would actually act on the second the goal was met or something like that without considering just how this could impact Twisted World. But to know the truth the dev would have to communicate with the community and just tell us flat out what's going through their mind. And at the end of the day that's what I hate most about this. We're mostly left to speculate and hope or give the benefit of the doubt when instead it'd be great if we could just ask Snats what is going on and get a simple, clear cut answer.
Bro submit this to your english teacher this shit aint that deep

Reiyayru

Jun 2, 2018
Bro submit this to your english teacher this shit aint that deep
Bro, why bother announcing to the forum you lack reading comprehension or does detailed thought out posts scare you? If you don't like people making posts that if you bothered to read isn't that deep, just explained more thoroughly as they were replying to someone's points, just ignore it as it makes you look less intelligent when you reply like that and stick with responding to people defending Snatz lackluster ability to put out updates, proper communication and taking money despite having very little to show for it and being brazen enough to disparage this forum who gave him his start.

bidner233

Aug 12, 2022
Bro, why bother announcing to the forum you lack reading comprehension or does detailed thought out posts scare you? If you don't like people making posts that if bothered to read isn't that deep, just explained more thoroughly as they were replying to someone's points, just ignore it as it makes you look less intelligent when you reply like that and stick with responding to people defending Snatz lackluster ability to put out updates, proper communication and taking money despite having very little to show for it and being brazen enough to disparage this forum who gave him his start.
Im just saying this person doesn’t need to write like 5 paragraphs on why the snatz defender is wrong second yea im not going to read that it’s because he can’t find a way to slim down or shorten their argument like no shit i don’t know why anyone would read it this is literally a lesson in English find a way to shorten your arguments because 90% of the time you are just repeating the same thing bro chill out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zaychikz and Mythrs

hotdogBD

Sep 21, 2017
so im assuming it is going as i feared back then? the game is on the way to become abandoned or the dev will just try to keep milking without really providing anything for ti anymore.... sad it was my favourite 3d game on the site

Reactions: ReDeXz
4.20 star(s) 200 Votes