thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
bad news is dev notes, but good news is.......

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Damn! I feel bad for Dev because of the storm, at least the good news is that he was fine and all the works are still be continue and in the last stage of completion. Can't wait to see how the next update will be like, holy damn 1.2GB of new content alone are pretty big and show how hard work and generous Snats are. I tipped my hat to him, he got all my respect even more so than before

Elona Spiral

Aug 31, 2020
Damn! I feel bad for Dev because of the storm, at least the good news is that he was fine and all the works are still be continue and in the last stage of completion. Can't wait to see how the next update will be like, holy damn 1.2GB of new content alone are pretty big and show how hard work and generous Snats are. I tipped my hat to him, he got all my respect even more so than before
That size is because the game is essentially screenshots made from Koikatsu Studio.
A lot of VNs with characters made with Koikatsu characters do it the same way, that's why their sizes is so big.
For example, the first pajamas party with Jaiden contains 283 pictures and video with them mostly being pictures.

1629186413633.png
That event alone is 74MB in size and that's the heavily compressed version!

It's very different from most other games as they use models in game and only save those animation. Those take up way less space as the only thing different is the position and the orientation of the models.

This is also why you probably will not see our characters wear different clothing in the same event. He has to redo the whole event, taking new screenshots with the other clothing. It's a lot of hardwork, but it is one of only ways that is accessible for indie devs without a lot of game making knowledge.

secretlarrs

May 11, 2020
That size is because the game is essentially screenshots made from Koikatsu Studio.
A lot of VNs with characters made with Koikatsu characters do it the same way, that's why their sizes is so big.
For example, the first pajamas party with Jaiden contains 283 pictures and video with them mostly being pictures.

View attachment 1356836
That event alone is 74MB in size and that's the heavily compressed version!

It's very different from most other games as they use models in game and only save those animation. Those take up way less space as the only thing different is the position and the orientation of the models.

This is also why you probably will not see our characters wear different clothing in the same event. He has to redo the whole event, taking new screenshots with the other clothing. It's a lot of hardwork, but it is one of only ways that is accessible for indie devs without a lot of game making knowledge.
Almost all RenPy VNs use pre-rendered CG like this, just not necessarily with Koikatsu. I don't think I've ever seen a game where you can change characters outfits at will and get the same scenes. Most of the time outfit-changes just play different scenes.

bobo66

Feb 2, 2019
bad news is dev notes, but good news is.......

Sorry for the big wait!, i have been really busy lately and thanks to the tropical storm Fred and the Hurricane Grace attacking my country, electricity has been a pain in the ass this few days and got to delay things up i am really sorry, hope this stupid hurricane get away soon, aside that! I made a lot of progress this last days❤ this is what i did
Damn hope he's safe atleast, hurricanes aint no jokes.

ash

Sep 21, 2016
Has the mc's father ever been mentioned ? Searching the thread turns up nothing and I'm really curious what he/she? looks like and why they are absent from the family.

Sep 1, 2019
Has the mc's father ever been mentioned ? Searching the thread turns up nothing and I'm really curious what he/she? looks like and why they are absent from the family.
It's mentioned in the game that he left after cheating on the mother with a rich widow I believe? Something along those lines. He isn't seen in any photos in the house because Jaiden burned all things relating to him after it happened.

Reactions: ash
4.20 star(s) 200 Votes