2.40 star(s) 11 Votes

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Does anyone have a fully unlocked save of the previous episodes?
That isn't possible with this game. For one thing, making choices often positively affects one character while negatively affecting another. For another, you're confronted with decisions that will make you spend time with one girl and not with another. There's no such thing as a "fully unlocked save" in this game. It requires multiple playthroughs to see more content that you've missed previously.

Last edited:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
So .. um ... what will a save get you, if you do not mind me asking... ???
We got no repeatables, we got plethora of side adventures while pinning for
the babe who sleeps in our home ... Whom do you think you would
be confortable settling into a relationship with?
That isn't possible with this game. For one thing, making choices often positively affects one character while negatively affecting another. For another, you're confronted with decisions that will make you spend time with one girl and not with another. There's not such thing as a "fully unlocked save" in this game. It requires multiple playthroughs to see more content that you've missed previously.
You'll need to give specifics.

What characters you are interested in etc...

It's not a harem, a save won't get you everything.
Is there nothing exciting about this game to get players to .. you know ... game ?

StenOliver

Feb 7, 2020
That isn't possible with this game. For one thing, making choices often positively affects one character while negatively affecting another. For another, you're confronted with decisions that will make you spend time with one girl and not with another. There's no such thing as a "fully unlocked save" in this game. It requires multiple playthroughs to see more content that you've missed previously.
Right ok.. because even though i've followed the mod's paths it still has some scene's locked out. Was wondering if there was a way to get them all without making a spreadsheet of the stats to scenes hahaha.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Right ok.. because even though i've followed the mod's paths it still has some scene's locked out. Was wondering if there was a way to get them all without making a spreadsheet of the stats to scenes hahaha.
Yeah, sorry. That won't work with this game. Just as a small, low-spoiler example, Claire (your sister) doesn't like the idea of you potentially dating one of her friends. So in raising a state with one of them, her stat will often go down. And, as I said before, there are competing activities in a time slot (spend the night with sis, or spend the night with someone else). While some games claim it but don't really adhere to it, this game is definitely all about choices. There is almost always an opportunity cost when you make a choice in this game.

Reactions: m4pII

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Well .. so versed in the innards of this game, are you ....
Who do you spend your nights with, gamer?
Yeah, sorry. That won't work with this game. Just as a small, low-spoiler example, Claire (your sister) doesn't like the idea of you potentially dating one of her friends. So in raising a state with one of them, her stat will often go down. And, as I said before, there are competing activities in a time slot (spend the night with sis, or spend the night with someone else). While some games claim it but don't really adhere to it, this game is definitely all about choices. There is almost always an opportunity cost when you make a choice in this game.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
So .. um ... what will a save get you, if you do not mind me asking... ???
We got no repeatables, we got plethora of side adventures while pinning for
the babe who sleeps in our home ... Whom do you think you would
be confortable settling into a relationship with?

Is there nothing exciting about this game to get players to .. you know ... game ?
I suppose it depends on what gets you personally excited. But there isn't a harem in this game. It's not even remotely possible. This really is more of a "life management" game, but only in the sense of needing to choose certain activities to manage your time wisely. For example, if you skip working one day, you'll have to work the next day. Working that next day might mean you miss the chance to spend time with Claire (your sister). However, working that first day could also prevent you from doing something else you might want to (like getting Claire's belongings from home).

I would say to do a lot of saving, try a choice out, and see where the path takes you. If you don't like the result, reload and make a different choice. Sometimes a choice on Day 3 can have repercussions you won't see until Day 6, so you may have to reload quite a ways back to avoid an outcome you don't like.
Well .. so versed in the innards of this game, are you ....
Who do you spend your nights with, gamer?
I have several save paths, so it depends on the path. However, if you're asking whom I prefer, I think I would say Michelle, Stefanie, Claire, and Meggy are my favorites (in that order). This is based more on personality than looks.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Focus on one gurl is not enough, tho ... Mc has to work and has to spend time with claire,
even when the choices are not that tempting, like she is whatever or she backs down.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Focus on one gurl is not enough, tho ... Mc has to work and has to spend time with claire,
even when the choices are not that tempting, like she is whatever or she backs down.
Yeah, it's definitely not a harem game. It also is definitely centered around Claire, which makes sense. Claire is the reason the MC even meets the other potential LIs:
  • Michelle: Claire's friend
  • Julie: Claire's friend
  • Meggy: Claire's classmate
  • Linda: Claire's teacher
  • Bridget: While buying Claire clothes
  • Lily: After meeting Bridget, which requires buying Claire clothes
  • Stefanie: While buying Claire clothes
  • Andrea: While returning home from running an errand for Claire
If Claire never left home and came to stay with you, none of this would have ever happened. And, to show her importance to the game overall, you'll get a game over if you make certain choices that negatively impact your relationship with her. You always need to keep Claire at least somewhat happy; she left home to be with you b/c she wanted to be happier, so be a good big brother to her, yeah?

The next biggest decision you'll make with her, really, is whether she's just your sister or she's a love interest. Once you decided that, just make choices that help you in that direction. As long as she feels loved, happy, and comfortable, she'll stay with you whether you pursue her or not.

Reactions: Llawless

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Do not get me wrong .. she always was and forever will be a love interest ...
She is not easy going and this gets me into having all the fun with the gurls
who would have me and would be happy for us to make love to eachother.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Well .. so much Claire in all my life ... that is so good to have a sis, I guess.
Yeah, it's definitely not a harem game. It also is definitely centered around Claire, which makes sense. Claire is the reason the MC even meets the other potential LIs:
  • Michelle: Claire's friend
  • Julie: Claire's friend
  • Meggy: Claire's classmate
  • Linda: Claire's teacher
  • Bridget: While buying Claire clothes
  • Lily: After meeting Bridget, which requires buying Claire clothes
  • Stefanie: While buying Claire clothes
  • Andrea: While returning home from running an errand for Claire
If Claire never left home and came to stay with you, none of this would have ever happened. And, to show her importance to the game overall, you'll get a game over if you make certain choices that negatively impact your relationship with her. You always need to keep Claire at least somewhat happy; she left home to be with you b/c she wanted to be happier, so be a good big brother to her, yeah?

The next biggest decision you'll make with her, really, is whether she's just your sister or she's a love interest. Once you decided that, just make choices that help you in that direction. As long as she feels loved, happy, and comfortable, she'll stay with you whether you pursue her or not.

Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

ggregger33

Mar 19, 2021
Definably an issue if you pick Caress Her

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/ep6_jumps.rpy", line 1259, in <module>
NameError: name 'renp' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "ep6_jumps.rpyc", line 1259, in script
File "C:\Users\xxxx\xxxx\TwistingVines-EP6-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\xxxx\xxxx\TwistingVines-EP6-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Twisting Vines
Tue Mar 30 22:32:50 2021
[/code]

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Definably an issue if you pick Caress Her

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "ep6_jumps.rpyc", line 1259, in script
File "C:\Users\xxxx\xxxx\TwistingVines-EP6-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "C:\Users\xxxx\xxxx\TwistingVines-EP6-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Twisting Vines
Tue Mar 30 22:32:50 2021
[/code]
It's a known bug, mentioned several times as of this release. (Scroll up this very page to see my post talking about it.) Just choose Ignore at the bottom of the error page and you can continue. The error is in the command for a pause to happen, so after ignoring the error, the intended animation starts.

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
Here is an unofficial compressed version of this game.
Per numerous request, I am starting with MoCompressed versions with Compressed versions following.

(If you appreciate these crunches please consider dropping a like on this post)

Here is a crunched version of the game.
I used YACs High Quality setting for this crunch.
TwistingVines-EP6-Early_Edition-pc-Compressed
Original 936 Megs
crunched 855 Megs - - - WorkUpload
(more mirrors upon request - I only use free anonymous hosts)

Here is a crunched version of the game.
I used YACs Medium Quality setting for this crunch. (Smaller files = lower image quality)
TwistingVines-EP6-Early_Edition-pc-MoCompressed
Original 936 Megs
crunched 730 Megs - - - - WorkUpload
(more mirrors upon request - I only use free anonymous hosts)

If you like this story and want to support the dev's you can do so at the following links:
Developer: -

UncleVT if you could add to the OP that would be appreciated.

Have a great day/evening/night everyone,
Nicestgamer

This game crunched using:
YAC - Yet Another Cruncher (A Game Compactor) [V2.0]
YAC Author: hngg
Thank you, sir. I really appreciate you compressing a lot of these games. Is there a reason you don't do mega links? These in browser downloads get fucked if my internet drops during the download. Mega allows you to continue downloading no matter what.

2.40 star(s) 11 Votes