Fungaru

Lurker
Donor
May 24, 2018
I really don't want to pick between the girls!
I initially felt the same way about this game feature, but it also allows the game to be played various ways allowing for more re-play-ability. This forces the player to have to create a new save and then choose to go a certain route to view all of the scenes available. Maybe Novel will later implement a way to have a polygamous relationship with certain girls. For Example the MC can be in relationships with Helena and Anne, Anne and Thea, Irene and Helena, or (this is a stretch) Helga and Helena. These types of polygamous relationships are more in tune with how the characters are, although this type of content addition would put more work on Novel's plate and unless I was a high paying Patreon supporter I don't feel inclined to suggest this type of addition to the game.

Reactions: Namco15 and Akamari

Fungaru

Lurker
Donor
May 24, 2018
I initially felt the same way about this game feature, but it also always the game to be played various ways allowing for more re-play-ability. This forces the player to have to create a new save and then choose to go a certain route to view all of the scenes available. Maybe Novel will later implement a way to have a polygamous relationship with certain girls. For Example the MC can be in relationships with Helena and Anne, Anne and Thea, Irene and Helena, or (this is a stretch) Helga and Helena. These types of polygamous relationships are more in tune with how the characters are, although this type of content addition would put more work on Novel's plate and unless I was a high paying Patreon supporter I don't feel inclined to suggest this type of addition to the game.
Damn, I was late with my reply... ty for explaining what needs to be done in order to create these polygamous branches, Novel.

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017
The only things that annoy me greatly about this game, is the constant need to start all over each time an update comes out, and the fact we should only focus on 1 girl.
I know we can just use the provided saves, but it's not quite the same as continuing your own play through from earlier on.
Also not every one knows where to place the provided saves or get rid of the old saves, like where the root folder for the game saves are?

I wish 2 things:
1. To be able to name save games, so I know what path was chosen for it.
2. A better walk through, like: Helena path, days 1-finish. Helga path, days 1-finish.. etc. Explaining in better step by step of how to achieve the desired girl.
As of now the WT is confusing at certain points, as if written for someone who already knows the game.

novel

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I'm trying to answer you, and every time one obscene language in the text. Google translation, can not convey the beauty of Russian obscene language. So the answer is the same as the others. Not play my game.

Reactions: Namco15

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017
I'm trying to answer you, and every time one obscene language in the text. Google translation, can not convey the beauty of Russian obscene language. So the answer is the same as the others. Not play my game.
I'm sorry if my words and suggestions offended you, I would not have bothered to comment at all if I didn't like your game in the first place.
It was an effort of constructive criticism and am sure I'm not the only one who had those thoughts.

A more detailed walk through would save a lot of questions and also save you time in the end.

The ability to name saves would make it easier for the player to backtrack when new updates come out, in case he/she would like to see all paths without playing from start again and again.

Informing of how and where to place provided save files also avoid a lot of questions about it.
It's a great service to players that you did provide those saves, but only a half service without the technical info.

A happy player is a possible costumer and my critique was about what could increase the player happiness, so again it was not to cause any offense, but if the language barrier is too great I guess I'll just refrain from posting to your game.

Reactions: ontach and bas

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017
So is the latest update only focused on Helena and Helga? no further scenes with Ann, Alanna?
Depending on your choices there are more scenes with both of them, though the Alanna ones look quite similar to the last, except a shower picture near the end of the update.
There is also a possible 3-some with the jogging girls, again it depends on previous choices, for that one you should not begin a relationship with Helena (either by choice or avoid the question by going to class without talking to her).
To answer the one above your post:
For 3some, forget about Helena, go to Court work to get money, go to bar, accept the girls advances.

Note to all: Remember in this game the girls actually react to what your MC make of choices, so to see all content you'll have to make several save games and focus on 1 girl for each of them.

Reactions: botc76

novel

Game Developer
Dec 5, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The question is not that you hurt me with this. The question is in the sentence. The first thing we think about when updating is whether we will be able to use the old save. Without any suggestions, we know about it.
It is profitable for us, and we think about the benefits, believe me. And if there is no such opportunity, it is not because we are harmful.

And if you had originally asked politely why you can't use the old save, I would have politely explained why.

Directory: ToML/game/saves if there's no save folder, you need to create it.

DragonFire

Jul 30, 2017
The question is not that you hurt me with this. The question is in the sentence. The first thing we think about when updating is whether we will be able to use the old save. Without any suggestions, we know about it.
It is profitable for us, and we think about the benefits, believe me. And if there is no such opportunity, it is not because we are harmful.

And if you had originally asked politely why you can't use the old save, I would have politely explained why.

Directory: ToML/game/saves if there's no save folder, you need to create it.
I realize the language barrier here, so let me first insure you that I am polite :)
There was no need to ask why an old save might not work, because I do read the full OP before playing anything.

It's not the first Ren'Py I've played, so I know there is a save root folder hidden in the AppData somewhere, where all game saves have a "back up", this is usually a great thing so we don't need to copy/paste save folders from older versions to a new one, but the not so great thing is if bugs etc. create some kind of corrupted root save file, causing grief for the player as well as the developer when questions about it starts pouring in.

So basically the best way to make use of the provided saves, would be to do so in a "clean game", without any old saves.
To do so, one would have to first locate the AppData saves for your game, delete them, download/install and start up your game. Close it, download the provided saves, copy the save folder into that directory: ToML/game
and now only the provided saves from the OP should be in the game, starting up and playing would automatically create a fresh root save in the hidden AppData.

To not worry about the AppData and just place the provided save files into the games save folder, might not create any problems at all, but if it does then you'll receive a whole lot of gray error copies from players. Was trying to spare you that.

Now that was only about the first part of my original post, you didn't comment to any other of it's content, so I'd have to assume the first part removed your will to read the other parts and that's fine, I don't want to waste your or my time any further, have a pleasant day and best of luck with your game :)

Reactions: botc76
3.90 star(s) 96 Votes