Unity Abandoned Two Sides [v0.02] [GreonoGames]

2.60 star(s) 18 Votes

acidnightmare

Aug 23, 2018
This game has great potential but is buggy to the point of being unplayable and is so unintuitive its hard to know if you are making mistakes, that part is unfinished, or it's just how its supposed to go. Not to mention changing interfaces near the end of the current version which completely disorients you and is also riddled with bugs. I understand this game is free and i usually support devs on patreon for their work, but this development is so incoherent and without direction i can only pray that the dev can fix this mess and bring some stability to the process. If they can do this then i will happily support them on patreon.

hassan12309

Oct 15, 2017
This game has great potential but is buggy to the point of being unplayable and is so unintuitive its hard to know if you are making mistakes, that part is unfinished, or it's just how its supposed to go. Not to mention changing interfaces near the end of the current version which completely disorients you and is also riddled with bugs. I understand this game is free and i usually support devs on patreon for their work, but this development is so incoherent and without direction i can only pray that the dev can fix this mess and bring some stability to the process. If they can do this then i will happily support them on patreon.
i agree with you on that and i think this game if finished it will a great game it has a lot of potential

Hoko_

Aug 31, 2018
*spoilers*
I've reached the new content where the UI is changed
But after meeting Megan there doesn't seem to be much else to do? Is this as far as the update reaches or am I missing something. I called Bret but his sex scene in the bathroom bugged out. I just jerk him off infinitely. I tried to watch Lindsey from the balcony but I need the binoculars and after the store got robbed it just says it's closed.

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
Does someone have a save file where you get the binoculars? The game is confusing and I'm really stuck.

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
How can I get an unlocked version of the game? I'm following the 0.07 walkthrough, but the walkthrough said to pick "Your master demands payback(special)" during the bathroom scene. However, the game says, its blocked. How can I get that?

Deleted User #713463

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2018
How can I get an unlocked version of the game? I'm following the 0.07 walkthrough, but the walkthrough said to pick "Your master demands payback(special)" during the bathroom scene. However, the game says, its blocked. How can I get that?
Bro you cant get them maybe in next updates right now alot of bugs i dont understand why he devlop new updated that can take months meanwhile he should realse fix patch for this version

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Is that the part near the start of the game with the sister? If it is then it's not in the game at all, the dev hasn't made it yet. If you're not sure if you have the extra patreon scenes you can download the patch here to unlock them all + fix a small bug:

Deleted User #713463

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2018
Is that the part near the start of the game with the sister? If it is then it's not in the game at all, the dev hasn't made it yet. If you're not sure if you have the extra patreon scenes you can download the patch here to unlock them all + fix a small bug:
Bearly have content and if you notice there is lot of bugs in game that he not fix he right now need to focus on this version and release fix patch that fix all bugs

ShadowManNor

Nov 17, 2017
Does someone have a save file where you get the binoculars? The game is confusing and I'm really stuck.
As of now you cant yet get the binoculars.
The only thing that unlocks more is the premium file in the first post. It dosnt give everything, as most of the coming soon scenes are not made, but it should give some options.

ShadowManNor

Nov 17, 2017
The your master demands payback scene is in the game, there is a couple of choices in there where it is coming soon, but the paths as they are described in the walkthough are there, except for the last choice that dosnt trigger properly, but that dosnt change anything except not getting a couple of love points.

Angmir

May 29, 2017
When the game on Patreon goes through "revision" or "changing engine" phase - it is a sign to abandon ship.

The whole Renpy genre so far has resulted in 2 actualy good games so far - that have quality content and a lot of actual sex in it.
1) Dreams of Desire
2) Incestor games

Everything else is just money-grabs, or incompetent people making a 1 or 2 good updates and later just cashing in.

Any other games similar to DoD and Incestor Games, that actualy deliver ?

solid_snake

Apr 5, 2018
Any other games similar to DoD and Incestor Games, that actualy deliver ?
You mean aside of DMD, a game that many people reference or is the reason that people that get into making adult games in the first place, A Wife and a Mother, a game that has a pretty deep story, but is not as much focused on sex, and quite a few other commercial games that had been released.

As much as I like to cringe about this game in particular, I have no doubts that the game, in the hands of capable developers would be perfectly fine, and not a jumble of mess that's presented to us for... how much is it? $4000 and some change per month?

Don't dis an engine for incompetence of developers.

-S

mazqaz

Feb 19, 2018
The whole Renpy genre so far has resulted in 2 actualy good games so
You're joking right? There are dozens of great Renpy games that are not only far better content/work than DoD but the developers of those games have far less support on patreon.

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
When the game on Patreon goes through "revision" or "changing engine" phase - it is a sign to abandon ship.
Depends on the reason and how it's done. If the game is going well, everyone wants more, but the engine becomes limiting factor, then changing to another is smart move, to help with future development. For example , a joyful "fucking all around" game, currently does that and I belive the result will be good. And author charges per update, so his reward for all that work will be the same as for any other smaller update. Could anyone rightfully complain? No way.

With Two Sides, it's Unity all along, as far as I remember. Changes happen because author feels like it. Simple branching VN was not enough, lets make it more open world. Renders are too much work, lets make it 3D. And after making 3D for a month, he notices that it's maybe a little slow. I don't know, maybe it could happen, if you're totally focused on something, you can miss even big things. And his response to criticism is, is his own words:
I know that for you the game update is important, but the development of the game is not just focused on it, I showed the video of the game working, and I informed all the process that I have been doing and that I am still doing, including the problem with the FPS that today I've been looking for an alternative all day, which I've already found.

I'm not here to take anybody's money, if you do not like the way I'm working so far, and just want to get the updates, it's best that you donate only when they are launched.

I believe the biggest focus here is to help and support the development of the project and that is exactly what most of us are doing here.
In a way, he's right, nobody is just buying the game, because if you take $15/month as the basic level of support to get full game (I mean what was created so far) with all scenes, it's $180/year and you won't give that unless you have certain level of enthusiasm for the project. The only problem is, it's becoming less and less clear, what the project actually is. If it's "creating Two Sides game" or "helping Greono to learn how to make games". I thought it was the former, but if you think about possibility that it might be the latter, it would explain a lot.

The whole Renpy genre so far has resulted in 2 actualy good games so far - that have quality content and a lot of actual sex in it.
1) Dreams of Desire
2) Incestor games
Meh to both. Icstor is monster tits territory, no go zone. And while story in DoD seemed interesting at first, it only served as cheap excuse why MC can fuck everyone so easily. Plus the need to keep a sickbag on standby, to be prepared for mom scenes was kind of distracting. ;)

Reactions: UncleVT
2.60 star(s) 18 Votes