Unity Abandoned Two Sides [v0.02] [GreonoGames]

2.60 star(s) 18 Votes

Deleted User #713463

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2018

Hello guys
Solved the FPS problem.

I know it took time for the problem to be resolved, and I want to explain what happened.

As I said in the previous post, the characters were with their separate clothing meshes, and each of them was using a script that made their Bones follow the actor's bones. This was making the game weigh, plus there was another problem that I just identified after, the amount of active cameras in the scene. I was using a camera in each position and switching each of them via script, the problem is that their rendering was thought out.

Well, I had to create a new script with a different logic to use only a camera that records, at each dialogue with a new camera positioning, it took a lot of work and it caused a lot of bugs, which I had to fix and I got it successfully, see in the video.

the other work was the issue of the Clothing meshes, which had to re-import all the actors in a new format, which clothes are "glued" to the FBX of each. Well, it made the shading rendering lighter, but it gave me a lot more work, since I had to reimport each one of them, I also had to create a new rig for each one, so all the positions I had created in the scenes were lost, including the animations that I had already done. I had to do it all over again and did it all as fast as I could.

I am showing the video so that they can see that I am working, I am finishing the last scenes for this update, unfortunately i can not bring everything I had done because there are still to reinport characters and if I do it now, will take a lot of time.

I'm putting each character of the scenes in their proper places and expressions, once I finish doing this, I'll post the update.

I ask you to have a little more patience.

And I give my heartfelt thanks to those who are really believing in the project and in my work.

Thank you.
Wow its wonderfull news when the updated will be ???

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
Yep, it sounds like a big dissapointment is coming, if you expect the next update to be out soonish and bug-free and packed with content. But with more realistic expectations (incomplete buggy version this month, then few intermediate updates, and what could be called good maybe end of the year), I think it's looking good, the 3D could really work. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Reactions: ShadowManNor

ShadowManNor

Nov 17, 2017
Well, that didnt look as bad as I feared. Some exaggerated facial expressions and how it flows will be hard to see untill you fully can play it. But the interface looks nice and it seems like there will be more interactivity. Some new scenes as well. Also, its seems like there is a stat system now outside of the stats you have with the characters. Its around 20 sec into the video. With my amazing portuguese skills ability to use google translate, the skills would be something like sex or gender, force (that could mean fighting) and smartness/slyness. I know he talked about stats sometime ago, I think stealth also where mention then, but that seemed more like stats you would train. Then again, this could be more to get a head start in your preferred skill.

Getting the entire game up to speed still seem to be a bit away. I actually wish he would spend more time on it to just get that part done. Add in the gender change mechanic and other things he want in just to have all the groundwork. Not saying he wont (or shouldnt) add new systems in the future, but it would give a good start instead of having to rework things or realizing it dont work with something else. Sadly he is in full quiet mode, I get that he dosnt have to much to show for as he is rigging models and such, but even if it would not quench the patience of everyone, I still think it would make people less negative of what to come. It will be interesting to see what it brings, it will take time (and a lot of bugs) but it peaks my interest, to few games here do so these days.

walkingdale

Mar 12, 2018

Hello guys
Solved the FPS problem.

I know it took time for the problem to be resolved, and I want to explain what happened.

As I said in the previous post, the characters were with their separate clothing meshes, and each of them was using a script that made their Bones follow the actor's bones. This was making the game weigh, plus there was another problem that I just identified after, the amount of active cameras in the scene. I was using a camera in each position and switching each of them via script, the problem is that their rendering was thought out.

Well, I had to create a new script with a different logic to use only a camera that records, at each dialogue with a new camera positioning, it took a lot of work and it caused a lot of bugs, which I had to fix and I got it successfully, see in the video.

the other work was the issue of the Clothing meshes, which had to re-import all the actors in a new format, which clothes are "glued" to the FBX of each. Well, it made the shading rendering lighter, but it gave me a lot more work, since I had to reimport each one of them, I also had to create a new rig for each one, so all the positions I had created in the scenes were lost, including the animations that I had already done. I had to do it all over again and did it all as fast as I could.

I am showing the video so that they can see that I am working, I am finishing the last scenes for this update, unfortunately i can not bring everything I had done because there are still to reinport characters and if I do it now, will take a lot of time.

I'm putting each character of the scenes in their proper places and expressions, once I finish doing this, I'll post the update.

I ask you to have a little more patience.

And I give my heartfelt thanks to those who are really believing in the project and in my work.

Thank you.
Well, I guess I should have known that these kind of problems are a part of developing. I appreciate that you gave an honest answer. Also, are you making this game by yourself?

ShadowManNor

Nov 17, 2017
Well, I guess I should have known that these kind of problems are a part of developing. I appreciate that you gave an honest answer. Also, are you making this game by yourself?
Im pretty sure he is a one man team. I think he only gets help when it comes to translate the game into english, but all the technical work as well as the rendering is him alone.

bozis65

Aug 30, 2018
Im so lost on this game was having fun tell it became more sandboxy and had no idea where to go what to do like i saved the girl and she was going to give me binoculars but never got them and i have no idea where to go or what to do

walkingdale

Mar 12, 2018
By the way, I am following the walkthrough, but when I get to the bathroom scene where you fall on top of Anny I can't get past the special payback. It says to alternate between the butt and leg, then go to waist and then go to breasts, but when I do it she gets me off of her and the scene ends there. Am I missing something?

Jun 15, 2018
By the way, I am following the walkthrough, but when I get to the bathroom scene where you fall on top of Anny I can't get past the special payback. It says to alternate between the butt and leg, then go to waist and then go to breasts, but when I do it she gets me off of her and the scene ends there. Am I missing something?
Nah the whole scene is mainly to raise certain stats with her, it will always end like that for the most part. Also I wouldn't put a lot of faith in walkthroughs anymore, he tweaks already finished things so often that between each version the walkthrough starts to run into problems. That being said he hardly ever adds new content at this point either so *shrug* I really think at this point switching from one format to another to another is all anyone is going to get out of this game. It was months of "switching" and "upgrading" before he came out with a new version that literally added nothing. Then he comes out and took many more months doing the same thing to bring us this "new new" system. More than that he is even taking away content with this "upgrade" let alone adding anything. Been waiting to have anything happen in this game for ages and the most that really happens is a some BJ action and groping.

sayedhaidar

May 25, 2018
there is a bug in this version
its stuck in the living room between go to bathroom and the living room after checking his sister phone

how can I get red of this bug?!

HSTphan

Aug 3, 2017
So, when are we going to get an actual content update? We are coming up on three months. Just wondering...

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
The official walkthrough has a lot of stuff wrong and is old, and I remember that the scene you're talking about is completely different than what's in the walkthrough. This walkthrough is accurate though:

• Grab her
  • Tickle
  • Keep choosing 1 until waist choice appears
  • Stroke the waist
  • Rub
  • Stop and stand up

Angmir

May 29, 2017
Where is the update ? It was right arround the corner ... 3 weeks ago ... What happened ?

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
You don't understand, it's just because all those wonderful efficiency-improving systems are not completely in place yet. It's what he's working on right now. But it's the last obstacle. Once he manages to completely integrate everything, it will be fast ride from then on, scene after scene, hours and hours of new gameplay every month.

At least that's my understanding of what he's been saying. But when exactly will the turning point come, that's a question. I honestly don't know what's the better plan, if he should release something as soon as possible, to give his patrons a proof that something is happening, or wait until he has in 3D at least what was in original game, if not anything new. Neither is really good choice. Some half-assed 3D version would make people think "ok, so we waited 3+ months for this, so we'll be waiting another 3 for the rest, screw it!" And holding off until it's "complete" would make them think "ok, so we're waiting 3, 4, 5, ... moths and still nothing, screw it!" Tough choice.

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
@Colln: There's only saving on checkpoints between scenes in first part. Second part (new UI) had some changes, but I'm not sure about details (damn, that sure is long since anything new worth playing was released...).

Reactions: Esteban32
2.60 star(s) 18 Votes