Unity Abandoned Two Sides [v0.02] [GreonoGames]

2.60 star(s) 18 Votes

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
This game and New Paths are the greatest examples of games broken by its devs' amateurish aproach. 3D erotic games just don't work unless you're a professional, huge development team with resources to provide some high quality stuff. If you gained popularity because of your game, don't change it completely breaking things people liked in a first place. If dev didn't use his time for all these "professional wannabe" changes this game could be huge right now in terms of content and popularity. First 2-3 versions were really good and except for saving system they had nothing to improve (maybe except for renders but that's normal). Huge bummer as this game doesn't seem to go anywhere

MrBee

Aug 6, 2016
I really liked this one too now it is super slow, eats ram and crashes. I see this one being abandoned due to dev's unfocused ambitions. Thank you for what you have made so far, hopefully your next project benefits from the mistakes you have learned from.

Man In Moon

Sep 27, 2017
I'm all for trying new things. Really I am. But making this game 3D was a colossal mistake. The images went from being really pretty and interesting to free MMO quality. And the lag. Oh God the lag. The camera is a mostly miss rarely hit kinda thing. And that's if it works in the first place. And by the way, that's a pretty big if. The game throws an error code with almost every move you make and that's if you can get the damn thing to play in the first place. Add to that a story that's seems to taking more time to even really get started than season 2 of 'One Punch Man' on top of an already fairly complicated system for the gender bending, and it's just to much. I would say if the Dev absolutely has to experiment, first bring it back to what it was, then start a totally separate game for said experiments. Cause this just aint working at all.

Dickdik

May 27, 2018
I've seen quite a few posts on the drop in quality of the character models so would anybody be so kind as to post some pictures of the new ones please?
Unless he suddenly is able to make this run on a phone, when he can't make it run on a computer lol, I won't be playing this game again for a long while

heartagram10

Jun 3, 2017
*Sigh* ... When I landing my first job as a programmer I remember my boss telling me that it was clear I was a novice - I didn't test and left the most glaring and obvious bugs all over the place. This has been true with this game from the start, not just this release, from the start it was 2 steps forward 10 steps back with every new release. It's a shame that the author clearly had no vision of where he wanted to take this game and still doesn't. These constant overhauls are a clear indication of that - instead of progressing the game itself forward, it's just a constant overhaul after overhaul.

Rendered or live 3D - everyone has their own preference, I just think that with these games the live action 3D doesn't play that big of a roll, instead highly polished static renders can make the scene come to life a lot more, but that's just my opinion.

It's just such a shame really, I had such high hopes after the first few versions, but everything went downhill and it seems as if the author hasn't learnt anything from his mistakes. This is a game I wanted to support financially, but this release just killed it for me. I might still check this game out in a year or two ..

Reactions: KriegBlitz

Swiftnissity

Jul 27, 2018
A 'fix' version has been released on Patreon. (He updated the previous post with it).
I'm testing it currently to see what he's actually fixed.

Edit 1:
Loading saves is working now. Tested both on regular text and the first choice.
Also he left his 3 test saves in the the 'FIX' version...

Edit 2:
The scene transition is now working. I've reached the Old Station.

Edit 3:
The game now locks at the end of the old station scene. Based on his comments, this is the intended stopping point currently.

Edit 4:
He responded to some people on Patreon about the next update.
To summarize his comments:
  • Next update in about 2 weeks
  • Next update covers up to the Bret alley scene, it's a MM focused update.
    Sexual scenes include:
    • Masturbating Baldy on the train
    • Dream sequence with Tommy
    • Blowing Bret in the alley (expanded from the original)
  • Hidden content for the train is coming, this will involve a brand new character.
  • He also confirmed that the arrival scene along with molesting Anny will be expanded on. (Not sure if this part is planned for the next update or the one after that).

Deleted User #713463

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2018
A 'fix' version has been released on Patreon. (He updated the previous post with it).
I'm testing it currently to see what he's actually fixed.

Edit 1:
Loading saves is working now. Tested both on regular text and the first choice.
Also he left his 3 test saves in the the 'FIX' version...

Edit 2:
The scene transition is now working. I've reached the Old Station.

Edit 3:
The game now locks at the end of the old station scene. Based on his comments, this is the intended stopping point currently.

Edit 4:
He responded to some people on Patreon about the next update.
To summarize his comments:
    Sexual scenes include:
  • Hidden content for the train is coming, this will involve a brand new character.
  • He also confirmed that the arrival scene along with molesting Anny will be expanded on. (Not sure if this part is planned for the next update or the one after that).
so all this time he do nothing beside change it to 3d the game freeze in train and even masturbate scene in train with pic is removed this devlop is dippointed the best thing he could do not release it atll all if he not finish the game and not fix the bugs

Reactions: Tittsort

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
It's a shame that the author clearly had no vision of where he wanted to take this game and still doesn't. These constant overhauls are a clear indication of that - instead of progressing the game itself forward, it's just a constant overhaul after overhaul.
It can also be the case of harmful perfectionism. I've seen people working on something and always getting distracted by endless stream of new ideas how they could make it better. Wanting to make a product better is commendable, but it's important to remember that customers want and are paying for the results. The people I knew either realized after second rewrite of the whole thing that they can either finish current product and save their new ideas for next one, or they didn't and got fired, because nobody could wait for the perfect version forever.

The same applies here. Sure, a lot of what he says makes sense, new foolproof dialog system to make his work easier and to avoid mistakes, 3D to be able to do real-time changes to scenes, instead of always waiting for renders, etc. It really should speed up things. But it would be great if it would actually start showing.

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
The game had so much potential. Unfortunately between the che changes due to the shitty Patreon rules and the fact that he's constantly remaking something I've lost my interest months ago.

solid_snake

Apr 5, 2018
    Sexual scenes include:
Y'know, this is a LOT of content for 2 weeks. Unless you're working on it full-time, you're going to forfeit something. Either that's quality or some of the promised content.

Or both.
Any bets on how many bugs there's going to be fixed for this version before introducing new ones?

-S

Deleted User #713463

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2018
Y'know, this is a LOT of content for 2 weeks. Unless you're working on it full-time, you're going to forfeit something. Either that's quality or some of the promised content.

Or both.
Any bets on how many bugs there's going to be fixed for this version before introducing new ones?

-S
splid all this time he didant do anything beside change to 3d so i doubt if he do something like fix this game

Swiftnissity

Jul 27, 2018
i dont think there is any fix maybe in patreon tell me if there fix i doubt it
'FIX' version is up on Patreon, he updated the original post with it. It fixes 2 bugs (saving on choices and the scene transition from the 'Train' to 'Old Station'). It then locks at the end of the Old Station scene (which is where it is supposed to lock).

-S
I've only found 1 annoying bug with the FIX version and that's saving during the Old Station scene. When loading a save after the train arrives, it skips to Bret punching you.
Theirs also a small issue on Bret's upper thigh at one point (his thigh clips through his pants) -
The spelling mistakes haven't been fixed yet either.

I've grabbed his Discord details from the Two Sides Patreon Discord and sent him a message. Hopefully he can get them fixed for the next update (and he really needs to get a tester or 2 to pick up on these issues beforehand).

2.60 star(s) 18 Votes