Unity Abandoned Two Sides [v0.02] [GreonoGames]

2.60 star(s) 18 Votes

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
Considering there hasn't been a release without at least one major bug and many minor bugs - I highly doubt this is perfectionism. A perfectionist would spend time polishing and making sure every scenario plays out perfectly, and not release version after version that cannot even be played to the end because of some bug.
Let's say he might be halfway there. Reminds me of scene from Black Adder:
They say he's halfway to being the new Robin Hood.
- Why only halfway?
- Well, he steals from the rich, but he hasn't got round to giving it to the poor yet.
Another possible excuse can be "author's blindness", that's a real thing. But it would be really bad case of that with this game.

ViktorReznov

Jun 16, 2017
my game has no text. it only says *you* or *next text*

when passing animations facial animations are quite....something for say it like that.

cant reload saves. from this version.

Deleted User #713463

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2018
He revealed his November plans on Patreon. To summarize:
  • Second update on November 10
    • He's converted all the material for this update. He's currently putting the poses/text together.
    • New MM dream sequence with Tommy
    • New female character on the train. You can save her from the Bald Pervert and get a reward (this is hidden content).
    • Bret's attack in the Alley including an expanded version of the MM scene.
    • Returning home at night and meeting Anny.
    • Someone asked him about a walkthrough/guide. He's going to include one with this update.
  • Third update on November 28
    • Visiting Aunt Leyla's House
    • First visit to C.A.D.E.
He's still aiming to catch up to Two Sides 2D within 2 months.
So for now the game end in train its just great !!

Reactions: eball360

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
wheres the link to download?
The download links are in the OP of this thread.
Downloads:
Win64: - - - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Edit: for twosides 3d fix2 link see ltpikas post below
updated link

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
He revealed his November plans on Patreon. To summarize:
  • Second update on November 10
    • He's converted all the material for this update. He's currently putting the poses/text together.
    • New MM dream sequence with Tommy
    • New female character on the train. You can save her from the Bald Pervert and get a reward (this is hidden content).
    • Bret's attack in the Alley including an expanded version of the MM scene.
    • Returning home at night and meeting Anny.
    • Someone asked him about a walkthrough/guide. He's going to include one with this update.
  • Third update on November 28
    • Visiting Aunt Leyla's House
    • First visit to C.A.D.E.
He's still aiming to catch up to Two Sides 2D within 2 months.
Guess i will be back in two months then.

Big Smurf

May 8, 2018
After a long time I came back to this game to see how it's progressing.
I like the way it went to a 3D game.
Tough right from the start there are still lots of issues, but... I see progress I like.
Keep it up and I'll catch a glimb in the future ....

TheWalrus99

Jun 21, 2017
My game sticks after agreeing to be Lindsey's boyfriend on the train. I've started over 5 times choosing different paths but it always happens. Any plans to fix the game?

Swiftnissity

Jul 27, 2018
He’s uploaded an image of the updated Alley on Patreon.

Also he claimed in a comment that he’s testing 32 Bit and MacOS versions. Apparently they could be released as soon as tomorrow. (Featuring the same content as the current 64 Bit release).

TangoTF

Game Developer
Aug 25, 2018
When I first saw this game I was really excited by the art and concept. But it has been well over a year and I still haven't gotten to any scenes I found particularly arousing. Since then I have made my own game and it already has like 25-50x as much content or more... And that is with a tiny fraction of G's resources.

I have seen this happen several times where creators focus on gimmicks and systems instead of content, it never seems to work out well. Some of my once favorite projects have been in this "tinkering" stage for years... I hope they evolve into good games but some clearly transform into cash grabs instead of funding artists to produce content.

If anyone wants to check out a somewhat similar project with way more focus on story and content check out Transfigure. It contains no unnecessary systems or game mechanics. I don't really have any flashy graphics but I do have a lot of great stories that will take hours, not minutes to read.

Reactions: Alleykatt

Alleykatt

May 19, 2017
When I first saw this game I was really excited by the art and concept. But it has been well over a year and I still haven't gotten to any scenes I found particularly arousing. Since then I have made my own game and it already has like 25-50x as much content or more... And that is with a tiny fraction of G's resources.

I have seen this happen several times where creators focus on gimmicks and systems instead of content, it never seems to work out well. Some of my once favorite projects have been in this "tinkering" stage for years... I hope they evolve into good games but some clearly transform into cash grabs instead of funding artists to produce content.

If anyone wants to check out a somewhat similar project with way more focus on story and content check out Transfigure. It contains no unnecessary systems or game mechanics. I don't really have any flashy graphics but I do have a lot of great stories that will take hours, not minutes to read.
I endorse this comment. Tansfigure is very good. (Though I admit I do tend to get a bit confused by all the story routes - it is difficult to remember which one each save is on when a new version comes out.)

Reactions: TangoTF
2.60 star(s) 18 Votes