Unity Abandoned Two Sides [v0.02] [GreonoGames]

2.60 star(s) 18 Votes

bakedkelpie

Apr 11, 2018
I cannot change the language in the menu, i have no clue what everything is saying... Did i screw up somewhere or am i just stupid?

Bltkn

Dec 6, 2017
I cannot change the language in the menu, i have no clue what everything is saying... Did i screw up somewhere or am i just stupid?
having the same problem. plus. fps problem. i can play fallout 4 witht that pc for christ sake

any solitions ?

walkingdale

Mar 12, 2018
Save games are kinda broken. Whenever I load a save from after going to the bathroom in the train, the characters won't load and the scenario gets a bit bugged out. Also, for some reason this fixed version is skipping the bald guy dialog in which you can choose to punch him, it skips directly to Lindsey's dialog shortly after. And on top of that, the game gets stuck again, but this time it's right after you get punched by Bret instead of before arriving on the train station.

walkingdale

Mar 12, 2018
When I first saw this game I was really excited by the art and concept. But it has been well over a year and I still haven't gotten to any scenes I found particularly arousing. Since then I have made my own game and it already has like 25-50x as much content or more... And that is with a tiny fraction of G's resources.

I have seen this happen several times where creators focus on gimmicks and systems instead of content, it never seems to work out well. Some of my once favorite projects have been in this "tinkering" stage for years... I hope they evolve into good games but some clearly transform into cash grabs instead of funding artists to produce content.

If anyone wants to check out a somewhat similar project with way more focus on story and content check out Transfigure. It contains no unnecessary systems or game mechanics. I don't really have any flashy graphics but I do have a lot of great stories that will take hours, not minutes to read.
Considering the dev of this game basically restarted the development to make the game 3D, but ended stumbling upon a whole lot of new bugs, and the fact that one of his Patreon goals is to be able to make other games, I'm starting to feel like this project won't ever be finished. I think that's really a shame, because this game's concept sounds very good, but the development has been real slow, and it seems the priorities aren't quite right. I'm no game developer, but I just think one shouldn't consider moving on to new titles before you get past v0.1 with so many supporters waiting on just this game. I mean, it's been at least a year in development and the game has barely any content other than an intro, and by that I mean the discontinued 2D version, because I can't even get past the train station in the 3D version since it bugs out and gets stuck.

walkingdale

Mar 12, 2018
Btw, I'm assuming the dev doesn't read this forum at all, otherwise I'd try to be less negative since I know how annoying development can be (I know a bit about programming, so I have an idea on how frustating coding is, but that's just it).

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
Btw, I'm assuming the dev doesn't read this forum at all, otherwise I'd try to be less negative since I know how annoying development can be (I know a bit about programming, so I have an idea on how frustating coding is, but that's just it).
I think the decision to unity is what's causing them problems. Overly ambitious. We have a game that's planned to be sprawling, yet no new content gets made because of programming difficulties. The game doesn't really need unity, it's structured like a renpy game, menus do everything.

Reactions: JamesM82

Swiftnissity

Jul 27, 2018
When is the Mac version coming out
It's up on Patreon. He updated his previous release post with a 32 bit Windows version and a Mac version. (He didn't make a formal announcement about the release for some reason, he just told someone in the comments it was coming and then updated the post).

gunnarb77

Jul 13, 2017
The save function in the new version is completely broken. He spends over a year fixing a very flawed game, adding almost no content into it, then what does he do? Remakes it in a 3D model version that is even more broken than the other version. I really don't know what the man is thinking.

JamesM82

Apr 23, 2018
The save function in the new version is completely broken.
Exactly! I played like an hour cos the game is soooo slow in my PC and I coudnt leave the train. I got stuck there no way to leave the stupid train. I load the previous save and it takes me to the beginning of the game...

Thank god i didnt spend any money on this game

gunnarb77

Jul 13, 2017
Exactly! I played like an hour cos the game is soooo slow in my PC and I coudnt leave the train. I got stuck there no way to leave the stupid train. I load the previous save and it takes me to the beginning of the game...

Thank god i didnt spend any money on this game
It should be a criminal offence to charge monthly money for a thing like this lol. I once pledged money to this project and I regret it. Idk how he still has financial support on this game after such a long absence of new actual content.

Reactions: JamesM82

Giddion

Nov 22, 2017
It's up on Patreon. He updated his previous release post with a 32 bit Windows version and a Mac version. (He didn't make a formal announcement about the release for some reason, he just told someone in the comments it was coming and then updated the post).
Is it possible to get a link to the Mac version?

Tanwise

Aug 29, 2017
This game is buggy! The saved game I'm trying load is frozen on a conversation, but all that show for the dialogue is "New Text" and beneath that "New Text". No matter where I click nothing happens. It's the same way with several of my saved files.

Feb 10, 2018
*warning, incoming bad english*

Soo, summarize it .. After a 2-3months he went back to square one(from something that seem to be good and promising) with pure 3D, buggy af with 1/5 storyline of the last patch/version of the game, without a support/callback for his Patreons for fixes, and now he is gone?

Swiftnissity

Jul 27, 2018
*warning, incoming bad english*

Soo, summarize it .. After a 2-3months he went back to square one(from something that seem to be good and promising) with pure 3D, buggy af with 1/5 storyline of the last patch/version of the game, without a support/callback for his Patreons for fixes, and now he is gone?
He does have a support email, he's just slow at responding. I find he responds faster on Discord (Patreons can grab his personal Discord from the Two Sides Patreon Discord). He has also released 3 updated 'FIX' versions along with a 32 bit and Mac version over the past 2 weeks. (They still have a number of bugs/glitches though).

He answered me on Discord yesterday so he does still seem to be around. Apparently the next update (introducing MM content) is still on track. He estimated if theirs a delay it'll be due to the translation. He's previously claimed that he wants to have all the old content converted to the new system by the end of 2018.

Reactions: TraditionalDree
2.60 star(s) 18 Votes