Unity Abandoned Two Sides [v0.02] [GreonoGames]

2.60 star(s) 18 Votes

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
Yep, it's out. On the plus side, he either managed to release it in 2017 as promised, or was at most less than two hours late (I see three timezones used in Brazil). So thumbs up, he's really trying. But unfortunately, that's about it for plus side.

It's bugged as hell. It's still old system, but now it lags and eats up all CPU cores. Names for MC's male and female form are mixed. And all you can see from new content is a single scene (no nudity), before you end up with black screen. I don't know if there's possibly something new in gay route, I didn't check that. So in retrospect, it would have been better to miss the deadline by a day or two and test it properly.

In my opinion, it's pointless to leak it here in current state, there's nothing to see. But I snooped a little in data files and saw some nice things, so I'm very optimistic. :)

PandaLulz

Assets Grabber
Uploader
Aug 18, 2017
From what I've seen from comments on his patreon it seems to be very buggy in its current state, so it may be better to give him a chance to fix it first. Then again, more people playing (testing) it could potentially find more bugs.

Did he implement a new save system in the end? I recall that supposedly being one of the main focuses (if I recall correctly, somebody other than him was doing it and there were previews and everything), however it seems (based on his lists) that it isn't done. It may sound weird, but it was actually one of the things I was looking forward to the most.
@

I believe you are talking about PandaLulz as they have been helping them with the UI and stuff but from what I heard from GreonoGames is that they are going to use the old system and with each new update they are going to swap out part of the old with part of the new.
Hmm. I think it would be more sensible to complete updating the system before adding new content, as the more content there is, the more potential problems that can occur.
GreonoGames could still work on renders/scripting/etc. in preparation while PandaLulz deals with the system, but I wouldn't add it until after the new system is in place and working as it should.
I merely created the concepts and actual design for the user interface elements, some decisions have been made by Greono where he's now deciding to use Speech Bubbles instead of the chat dialog box that I had shown in some of the concepts, a few other tidbits which change the overall concept/idea but the idea still remains, but I don't actually build the systems, i'm just here to help him out on the design side

My part in it all is building the designs so it is easier for him to then focus on the code work, I think his overall intent now is to implement such stuff in stages rather than try and do it all at once, since the delays were getting a bit too heavy. I'm unsure as to when he's going to specifically implement certain bits though, something I need to check into, personally prefer it to be all in one big update as it would be less issues, but the game is around for the long run and greono's mentality isnt about it being short term cash in, he really wants to create a full game and for a long while too, something which made me offer my spare time in the first place

It's pretty cool that you're excited to see that sort of stuff in the game though, it means I did something right at least :extremelyhappy:!

Reactions: mineiros123

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
He posted this 3 hours or so ago

I'm already working to fix the errors, until the end of the day (if my internet allow) I will send the fix version with all the errors reported so far
The "if my internet allow" part is a little worrying, as it could be interpreted as a prepared excuse, but only time will tell.

I merely created the concepts and actual design for the user interface elements, some decisions have been made by Greono where he's now deciding to use Speech Bubbles instead of the chat dialog box that I had shown in some of the concepts, stuff which alters the overall idea from me a little bit but I don't actually build the systems for him.

My part in it all is building the designs so it is easier for him to then focus on the code work, I think his overall intent now is to implement such stuff in stages rather than try and do it all at once, since the delays were getting a bit too heavy. I'm unsure as to when he's going to specifically implement certain bits though, something I need to check into, personally prefer it to be all in one big update as it would be less issues, but the game is around for the long run and greono's mentality isnt about it being short term cash in, he really wants to create a full game and for a long while too, something which made me offer my spare time in the first place

It's pretty cool that you're excited to see that sort of stuff in the game though, it means I did something right at least :extremelyhappy:!
I see. That's too bad really.
He seems to be over complicating things and almost like he's intentionally making things more difficult than they need to be.
I personally think a dialog box is fine and speech bubbles will just over complicate things and create unnecessary extra work.

The most important thing for me is a save any time/anywhere save system. I've always hated checkpoint saves in games (and the save system is/was just terrible in general even disregarding that). It also makes save scumming a lot harder :eek:penedeyewink:
After that is ease of movement between different locations (if I remember correctly it was rather awkward)

I can understand implementing system changes in stages and then checking for bugs, but adding additional content at the same time just increases the number of places bugs can occur.
The best option is to start fresh by building the new bones and then adding the existing content to it piece by piece. It may take longer in the short term, but in the long term it could save a lot more by eliminating potential hidden demons.

PandaLulz

Assets Grabber
Uploader
Aug 18, 2017
The most important thing for me is a save any time/anywhere save system. I've always hated checkpoint saves in games (and the save system is/was just terrible in general even disregarding that). It also makes save scumming a lot harder :eek:penedeyewink:
After that is ease of movement between different locations (if I remember correctly it was rather awkward)
That is definitely still the intention, there wont be any forced saves at the end of a 'scene' like there is in the current version, you will be able to save/load as much as you'd like later on I believe.

Reactions: spooge_nugget

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
That is definitely still the intention, there wont be any forced saves at the end of a 'scene' like there is in the current version, you will be able to save/load as much as you'd like later on I believe.
That's good to hear. It's just disappointing that it wasn't implemented in this latest update.

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
Nice. Even though 3D, if I understand it correctly, sounds perhaps a little too ambitious. And if he keeps showing Anny on Patreon page, he might soon have another problem to solve (although it's really just a matter of time anyway, before someone decides to tell Patreon what's in the game).

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
I like this kind of approach as I thought it might end up like New Paths with too ambitious ideas and endless development of sole foundations. I like how Anny looks and for now she's definitelly most important female out there but I think he should use other characters as well to avoid image of another random pure incest story. Can't wait for fix to check this version

doidera

Jun 11, 2017
Any link for the last version?
Last update?
Or still the same game on the first page?

osix

Sep 3, 2017
Any link for the last version?
Last update?
Or still the same game on the first page?
Check the previous page and look for #1073 post by , he provided link to latest version.

Phunfoteno

Oct 6, 2017
And all you can see from new content is a single scene (no nudity), before you end up with black screen.
There's a bit more from what I've got: sister on the shower once again and watching a movie afterwards with a bit of ass play. If you're on the gay route, there's Bret in the park bathroom

The "if my internet allow" part is a little worrying, as it could be interpreted as a prepared excuse, but only time will tell.
Dude, I get where you're coming from, but never underestimate the data network in a third world country... I know for a fact that some people here are paying close to US$40 and have 512kbps connections!

Check the previous page and look for #1073 post by , he provided link to latest version.
I think a new version with some bug fixes went online two hours ago, but i can't post links yet

2.60 star(s) 18 Votes