Unity Abandoned Two Sides [v0.02] [GreonoGames]

2.60 star(s) 18 Votes

ShadowManNor

Nov 17, 2017
Fine reviews are always good but what's the purpose of pointing out specific fetishes in a game that's based around them since the beginning?:p I do agree that some fetishes are extreme (like bestiality) but concept of choices makes everything optional. It's the first time on erotic forum when I hear that rape is extreme fetish. That's probably the only fetish that's more popular than incest in adult games (mostly Japanese) and whole TS is pretty vanilla right now in my opinion (except for a dog).
Somebody likes to think that their fetishes are right and others are wrong. Makes me think of how extreme religious people act around sex/homosexuality. Maybe Im just a bit more liberal when it comes to these kind of things but I dont find what people can choose to do to pixels that much of a thing to be upset about.
EDIT: Im not saying everybody have to like everything. But if a movie rewiever were to tell me that a horror movie was bad cause it was scary, then that would not tell me much.

Reactions: n0b0dy and UncleVT

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Fine reviews are always good but what's the purpose of pointing out specific fetishes in a game that's based around them since the beginning?:p I do agree that some fetishes are extreme (like bestiality) but concept of choices makes everything optional. It's the first time on erotic forum when I hear that rape is extreme fetish. That's probably the only fetish that's more popular than incest in adult games (mostly Japanese) and whole TS is pretty vanilla right now in my opinion (except for a dog).
When I conduct a review, I never read others reviews before hand, I don't use walkthroughs/cheats, and I never read patch notes when it's my first experience with the game... It ensures the opinions and thoughts I include in the reviews are not tainted by information beyond the play experience itself...

I've seen rape in other games, but never with the protagonist (which you somewhat control) being the rapist, so I find that to be cold and unnecessary... There is a difference between rape fantasy (the act of RPing it consensually) and forced rape (violently forced physical and mental trauma)... It's up there on the extreme end if it's the later... But hey, that's how I feel about it... And I'm sure a majority of the female population of Earth would agree... :p

I also mentioned in my review, that this is a game of choices, but I just think that some types of choices, planned for the game, are a bit too extreme... And just because they are optional, doesn't make it any less over the top, to exist in the game in the first place... Hence why I mentioned them in my review, which is based on my personal experience with the game, my own opinions and thoughts... I'm not saying anyone has to agree with them...

Ignazzio

Engaged Member
Donor
May 8, 2017
Somebody likes to think that their fetishes are right and others are wrong. Makes me think of how extreme religious people act around sex/homosexuality. Maybe Im just a bit more liberal when it comes to these kind of things but I dont find what people can choose to do to pixels that much of a thing to be upset about.
People differ and it's normal we don't like the same things. I was just surprised with rape called extreme. It is extreme but it's such a common thing in games it's more on a vanilla side. There are some fetishes which are more niche and don't fit every setting (bestiality,futa etc.) but rape in my opinion isn't in the same category.
I've seen rape in other games, but never with the protagonist (which you somewhat control) being the rapist, so I find that to be cold and unnecessary... There is a difference between rape fantasy (the act of RPing it consensually) and forced rape (violently forced physical and mental trauma)... It's up there on the extreme end if it's the later... But hey, that's how I feel about it... And I'm sure a majority of the female population of Earth would agree... :p
Hey, that's totally fair opinion. I don't judge you or your tastes. I was just interested in your reasoning. MC as a rapist is also pretty damn popular cuz I could find more games with such MC than incest games here. I'm not sure if common fetish can be extreme if it's so popular. In terms of extreme fetishes incest is much more hardcore, but it's so common here it's more like vanilla than extreme fetish.
I also mentioned in my review, that this is a game of choices, but I just think that some types of choices, planned for the game, are a bit too extreme... And just because they are optional, doesn't make it any less over the top, to exist in the game in the first place... Hence why I mentioned them in my review, which is based on my personal experience with the game, my own opinions and thoughts... I'm not saying anyone has to agree with them...
That's fair. I even agree to some extent but it's just a matter of perspective. Fine arguments

Reactions: n0b0dy and Zippity

ShadowManNor

Nov 17, 2017

I do understand that rape is not everyone cup of tea, it is a pretty horrible thing, but I enjoy the fact that it is portrayed in that way here insted of turning out to be something the girl enjoyed so then everything is ok and it is hot. And while there is a difference between real rape in real life and people roleplaying, in a game both of these would be fantasy since it is not real. Its not something you have to enjoy, and while you might feel it is extreme, it dosnt change the fact that a great deal of women have rape fantasies. They can enjoy that, because it is fantasies and no one gets actually hurt in a fantasy.

Im sorry if I come off as to aggressive here. I dont intend to do so. I just feel saying things are to extreme to be in a game, might be to extreme (yeah I had to write it that way to show even I can be contradictory:p). If I where to look at myself, as the person I have been though all the games I have played in my life. I would be a mass murderer, a tyrant, a conqueror and destroyer of civilizations. And in most of the games, I didnt even have a choice in the matter, it was just the game. But people dont think of me as a murder. In this day and age, there is an acceptance and understanding that what you do in a game is not real (in the 80s and 90s, it was a bit different), the same way people who watch horror movies and murder mysteries are not considered to be sadists or serial killers, we understand the difference between watching someone get killed in the real world and in fiction, which is why we act completely difference to it. Once again, Im sorry if I come off as to mean here, it is not my intention. You just woke the part of me that remembered being told I would end up killing people just cause I played violent videogames.

Reactions: n0b0dy and smnb

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
I do understand that rape is not everyone cup of tea, it is a pretty horrible thing, but I enjoy the fact that it is portrayed in that way here insted of turning out to be something the girl enjoyed so then everything is ok and it is hot. And while there is a difference between real rape in real life and people roleplaying, in a game both of these would be fantasy since it is not real. Its not something you have to enjoy, and while you might feel it is extreme, it dosnt change the fact that a great deal of women have rape fantasies. They can enjoy that, because it is fantasies and no one gets actually hurt in a fantasy.
If it were a book or story, where you were reading a story without actual choices... Where an author is leading you through a story, then I wouldn't see as much issue... Or even in games where a 3rd party has perpetrated it as part of the story, then I wouldn't see as much issue... But with the player controlling the character, and having the choice to rape or not, or perhaps even having no choice (like what happened in this game), yet the outcome was due to a choice made before it happened, is worse because a conscious choice was still made to do it, the player had control... It's because the author's allowed for that choice to be made, and then actually included visuals and story to describe the rape, that the player chose to go along with, that is where I find it takes on a more extreme level of fetish... Fiction or not, a choice was made by a living flesh human being to perpetrate something that vicious, even if it's fiction, it should deserve a higher level of taboo... But as I said, that is just how I see it... And I don't expect everyone to see it the same way... I hope that better explains why I reviewed the game in the light that I did... Take it with a grain of salt...

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
As far as I'm concerned, as long as it's optional content and not forced upon the player then I have no problem with it. Everyone has their own fantasies/fetishes/kinks after all and I'd much rather they act on certain ones within a fictional world than in the real world.
Fantasy is a safe place to do things that you can't/shouldn't in the real world (e.g. use magic, fly, kill/slaughter, pillage the village, rape, plunder, GTA, incest, mind control, etc.).

Your opinion is fine and all, but I just think it's strange that you'd focus so much on content that you're never going to see unless you choose to.
Generally I'd expect people would at least check the tags/genre of the game before deciding to download and play it and if they're that opposed to certain content then I'd expect them to steer clear even if it turns out it is entirely optional content.

Reactions: Hurmur and Zippity

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Your opinion is fine and all, but I just think it's strange that you'd focus so much on content that you're never going to see unless you choose to.
Generally I'd expect people would at least check the tags/genre of the game before deciding to download and play it and if they're that opposed to certain content then I'd expect them to steer clear even if it turns out it is entirely optional content.
I usually prefer going into a erotic visual novel/game blind to too much details beyond the general description... And a lot of the times I try to play different paths to see what the game/VN has, as far as content, to ensure I have a decent amount of play time for greater detail in my reviews... The description made the game sound different and interesting, hence my playthrough... For the Rape content, I didn't even know it existed until I selected the choice that opened it up... Unlike the beastiality content, which had an actual bold warning, the rape content didn't... And with the save game system in this one, it's a bit of a hassle going back to undo a choice... I see that this VN/game is popular, and I'm not trying to say anything about peoples preferences... I was just basically defending the reasoning for why I said what I said, on the subject in my review, as a few folks seemed either upset about it or felt that I was preaching to them, which I swear I'm not...

Obviously we're getting way off topic for the thread... So I'll end my replies on this subject, here... Thanks for the discussion... :)

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
I usually prefer going into a erotic visual novel/game blind to too much details beyond the general description... And a lot of the times I try to play different paths to see what the game/VN has, as far as content, to ensure I have a decent amount of play time for greater detail in my reviews... The description made the game sound different and interesting, hence my playthrough... For the Rape content, I didn't even know it existed until I selected the choice that opened it up... Unlike the beastiality content, which had an actual bold warning, the rape content didn't... And with the save game system in this one, it's a bit of a hassle going back to undo a choice... I see that this VN/game is popular, and I'm not trying to say anything about peoples preferences... I was just basically defending the reasoning for why I said what I said, on the subject in my review, as a few folks seemed either upset about it or felt that I was preaching to them, which I swear I'm not...

Obviously we're getting way off topic for the thread... So I'll end my replies on this subject, here... Thanks for the discussion... :)
I guess this is where we differ. When I'm deciding on games to play I always look at the general description, tags/genre and look at the example images to decide if it fits my interests and is potentially playable (sometimes the artwork can be a real turn off).

Reactions: Zippity

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
... It's because the author's allowed for that choice to be made, and then actually included visuals and story to describe the rape, that the player chose to go along with, that is where I find it takes on a more extreme level of fetish... Fiction or not, a choice was made by a living flesh human being to perpetrate something that vicious, even if it's fiction, it should deserve a higher level of taboo...
One time in Transport Tycoon, I made two trains crash into each other. It was no accident, I wanted it to happen. Passenger trains. There were no survivors, several hundereds of dead in fiery inferno... What's one rape compared to that. But seriously, "fiction or not" is IMHO wrong approach, because fiction and reality are two hugely different things.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
is there any new H-content in this version or was it pure technical?

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
@dartred: Just a little. Nude Anny in bathroom, then some touching on couch. Nice, but won't entertain you for long. Also some encounter with Bret on gay route, but I didn't test that.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
ah, i see. if this is past the point where you choose to take/leave the dog. i might just play it for more story.

joeblow234

Aug 12, 2017
You don't really need a walkthrough, at this point anyhow. Bang through it and make the choices you want. Save before the scene and try it a different way.

Apr 3, 2017
Lmao he just took 4 months for 4-5 new pictures and call that an update? That just discrespectful and definition of "milking", wish patreons would just stop donating him so he doesnt make jokes like that anymore

Mark600601

Donor
Apr 25, 2017
Lmao he just took 4 months for 4-5 new pictures and call that an update? That just discrespectful and definition of "milking", wish patreons would just stop donating him so he doesnt make jokes like that anymore
He was doing a lot of work on the UI and other mechanics that he thought he could finish faster and after a couples months of him still not getting that work finished he went back to working on the game like normal. He made a mistake. It happens. Then the holidays came around so he was busy with well.. holiday stuff.
No one is making you pledge dude. If you dont like the dev or the content then dont pledge. But as far as I know I dont believe hes milking anyone. He just made some amateur mistakes and thats bound to happen cause lets face it nobody using patreon is a professinal developer. Dark Silver is probably like the only one lol. I enjoy the game hes developing, I wanna see where it can go and at the moment I am willing to forgive his mistakes and its not like Im gonna go broke donating to this guy so... for the moment Ill just wait and see how it goes

redghost14

Jul 19, 2017
So I loaded an old save with the new version and got stuck outside of this garage door looking place. Can't click anything at all. Do I start a new game or is it a bug?

Sierrus

Jul 19, 2017
If someone can let me know how exactly you're supposed to get to Bret's new scene, it would be awesome. Because there's no way I can find it and I'm only here for his route anyways.

IAmTerror

May 28, 2017
Anyone else get stuck in the living room after Anny Goes to work? I've got the option to go to the bathroom (which leads to nothing) and the option to watch TV (which leads to nothing) and no ability to leave the house or advance time in any way... I think I fucked something up. Maybe I shouldn't have wasted all that time digging through her cell phone. Karmic justice, right?

ShadowManNor

Nov 17, 2017
Anyone else get stuck in the living room after Anny Goes to work? I've got the option to go to the bathroom (which leads to nothing) and the option to watch TV (which leads to nothing) and no ability to leave the house or advance time in any way... I think I fucked something up. Maybe I shouldn't have wasted all that time digging through her cell phone. Karmic justice, right?
Top right corner. There is a button to change locations.

2.60 star(s) 18 Votes