VN Ren'Py Completed Two Weeks [Ep. 6 Fixed] [Madek]

2.80 star(s) 59 Votes

Codename21

May 20, 2017
Sorry for the dumb question but do i have to download ep 1-4 in order to play ep 5 or ep 5 includes the other ep's?
Also is there a compressed version or will there be released one?
Do need to download the eps 1-4, but not a dumb question (I had to look that up myself). Just trying the game now, but the title and this movie is in my head before I do lol

Reactions: sergop and delta67

morpheusahrms

Sep 11, 2017
Yes,
Do we have to start a new game? I loaded the save and finished in the same place and with the same error screens with ignore.
Yes, but no worries you start right off with the new content.

Is this all 5 chapters per OP 1-5 or do I need to d/l 1-4 first and play. Based on file size 1-4 over 1 GB and 1-5 only 500+ MG it looks like 1-5 is either compressed or a stand alone update.
Did not check it (since I had the last version already installed) But yes, this looks like a standalone.

Nope,
Does it end at the TV scene on episode 4?
Nope, start a new game - it goes right into the new content. It ends with a Pillow Fight ;-)

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
I'm glad somebody understands it, because I don't.

The coding used in the first part of the game was very simple and effective:
Increase/decrease love, lust and authority based on your decisions.
True/False flags set for your choices. Did you spy on mom, hide in the locker, invite Stan to the beach, etc.
Nothing at all in the code was difficult to decipher and it was very easy to follow.

Now, they have decided to scrap everything done so far and write "more robust code" to prevent errors?
Mule muffins! You know as well as I do that those are mutually exclusive.
There is absolute no reason at all that the code couldn't have been continued from the prior version.

I think it's more likely that he couldn't come up with scenarios that the earlier choices set up, like the trip to the beach.

To me, it doesn't bode well at all for the remainder of the game.
Yeah it doesn't look anymore "robust" to me either. I follow the code rather then a walkthrough so I saw both styles. If anything this code is less robust because every decision is simply true or false which means rather then x points for future branches it's x triggers which to me is a worse way of doing things and severely limits the MC options for how they play the game.

Deleted member 795684

Aug 2, 2018
I delete the episode 1-4 file because I tought, like other games in here; last episode contains all of the episodes. You should have warn us before, it is not a common situation you know.

I hope Madek has a good reason for separating chapters into different games and making all the choices made by the players in the previous chapter irrelevent for the new one. :confused:
Wait a minute! So, even if you don't delete the previous 1-4 episodes, you still have to begin the new chapter with ''fresh start'' and none of the choices before it came with you!? Then what is the frickin point in all these so called choices!!!??

Reactions: Koulo077

Deleted member 795684

Aug 2, 2018
It makes for a better experience overall than simply reading the text or holding down ctrl. Don't expect much from these games. They are being developed by amateur after all.
Most the games in this site are developing with Renpy and in most of them you just begin where you left without reading previous texts again. It's surprising that this game don't start simply where you left with new episode and just a whole another game ''technically''.

And usually choices matter in these games but when you develop it like fresh start then all purpose of choices is gone.

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
Fucking your mother or sister is fine though? It's a fantasy dude... not a model for how to act IRL.
And yet plenty of people also don't want to see NTR etc. People tend to have certain things in games they don't like seeing because they don't associate themselves with it. It's easy to pretend about incest games because the people pictured are not YOUR actual real life family members. So it's a little taboo, but doesn't actually trigger anything emotional in you the way NTR does for people who aren't turned on by cuckoldry on a personal level. Seeing a character you have a personal interest in fucking someone else triggers an emotional response because you personally have an interest in that character and don't want to share them.

Thus having your character... your avatar in the game... doing drugs when that's not even on your radar because it's stupid and you avoid it and people who do it in real life, it's the same thing as being turned off by NTR. It evokes a negative response in you personally.

It's not about being a model for how to act in real life. It's about not wanting to be forced to engage in something in the game that evokes that kind of negative feeling in you that you're being forced to do something you personally have zero interest in doing in real life.

So, again... it would be nice if being druggies wasn't forced on you in the game... a game that is otherwise beautiful and enjoyable to play. Even if you could just choose to not do the drugs... like have the sister offer it instead of you having your own personal drug box etc. It's not like it's remotely vital to the story, or couldn't be replaced by something legal like drinking etc. (And I'm fully aware that smoking weed is less harmful than getting drunk. But for most folks, drinking is still legal while doing drugs isn't.)

Saturn

Jun 10, 2017
I have to say that I haven't like again this much since dating my daughter, its very well written and picture quality is great. :)

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Well, I already found a bug. I guess I'm gonna start to sharpen that pitchfork I'm keeping in my cellar XD

scene_18.rpy is written in a way that makes sleeping on the couch impossible, even if you choose to avoid sleeping with mom.
Every choice you make ends up with a jump to label l_ep5_scene_18_end while every one of those jumps there are actually redundant, unnecessary. If you remove them, the script works the way it's supposed to.
Doesn't look like the work of someone experienced.

I know I've seen this "style" here before, I just don't remember who wrote such a script.

We're gonna see some bugshit and new re-writes in the future is my guess. :closedtongue:

And here's a fix. Extract it into the root folder of the game (where the launcher exe-file is). Fixed script fill pop into the correct location.

Deleted member 795684

Aug 2, 2018
Well, I already found a bug. I guess I'm gonna start to sharpen that pitchfork I'm keeping in my cellar XD

scene_18.rpy is written in a way that makes sleeping on the couch impossible, even if you choose to avoid sleeping with mom.
Every choice you make ends up with a jump to label l_ep5_scene_18_end while every one of those jumps there are actually redundant, unnecessary. If you remove them, the script works the way it's supposed to.
Doesn't look like an experienced Ren'Py programmers work to me, or any programmers in general.

I know I've seen this "style" here before, I just don't remember who wrote such a script.

We're gonna see some bugshit and new re-writes in the future is my guess. :closedtongue:

And here's a fix. Extract it into the root folder of the game (where the launcher exe-file is). The fixed script fill pop into the correct location.
You would want to sleep on the couch when there is an option about sleeping with a beauty like mother!? :eek:penedeyewink:

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Just tested possible paths and found this bug. :rolleyes: Compared to some mothers in some of the games available here, she's a goddess.

Deleted member 795684

Aug 2, 2018
Btw, I finished the episode and even though ''fresh start'' is annoying I still like this game. Sister is awesome! I really like the teasing level of her. Mom is another gem also.

I just wish it was more about ''choices matter'' than ''true or false choice'' thing. And I hope upcoming updates continue from here. I am deceiving myself because of the changings in some game mechanics/additions about fresh start.

And finally, I wish you luck about future updates. I want to believe that you will reward the -a little bit- slow pace of episodes in the future.

Also, please let MC call his mom ''Mom'' more often and not call her ''Her name''. Thanks.

Reactions: dekmma and Paprika

fenixblack

Oct 22, 2017
did you even look at what that link is before asking? because that walkthrough is only for episode 5 only, the person specifically asked for 1-4 which there isn't one. dont be such a smartass if you dont even know what you're talking about.
To be fair, it's been answered in the last 5 pages at least 3 or 4 times. If someone is too lazy to even scroll back a few pages to find an answer, they should just be ignored

Reactions: KiGa
2.80 star(s) 59 Votes