VN Ren'Py Completed Two Weeks [Ep. 6 Fixed] [Madek]

2.80 star(s) 59 Votes

Glorious Cat

Jul 25, 2017
Is this all 5 chapters per OP 1-5 or do I need to d/l 1-4 first and play. Based on file size 1-4 over 1 GB and 1-5 only 500+ MG it looks like 1-5 is either compressed or a stand alone update.
Ep5 is a standalone. Start fresh with new code (see the new above from the dev), etc.. So you have to play ep1-4 before and then continue with ep5 and start a new game.

SrRK

Donor
Game Developer
Jun 18, 2018
So its basically that what you get after 10 minutes if you play lancaster boarding house? Oo
It's actually not bad at all... a bit of a weak start but as it progresses it gets better and better. I think there's a pretty good dynamic between characters and... well... the girls are incredibly fucking sexy. I'd say yes, give it a try.

If you end up disappointed, at the very least you'll know.

Reactions: Sheknowsaboutyou

Carpe Stultus

Engaged Member
Sep 30, 2018
It's actually not bad at all... a bit of a weak start but as it progresses it gets better and better. I think there's a pretty good dynamic between characters and... well... the girls are incredibly fucking sexy. I'd say yes, give it a try.

If you end up disappointed, at the very least you'll know.
Well thats something i wanted to read. Thanks.

Yeah you are right, its not that my internet would stop me from testing games.

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
It would be great if you weren't forced to smoke weed in this game and interact with it like it's a big part of normal life. :( It breaks the immersion when you're forced to do something you personally look down on, have no interest in, and wouldn't do (and really wouldn't associate with or participate in others doing.) It's really my only complaint with this otherwise exceptionally beautiful and well done game.

oidex

Jan 9, 2018
I don't know if it gets better but the conversations at the start are really weird.

I've got a brother and when he walks in a room I don't instantly think he's staring at my ass, that would be an odd thing to think of just like shouting and screaming when told to go shopping with him if I hadn't seen him for 2 years.

It's really weird writing.
It's actually fine.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017

Some clarifications about decisions based paths in the game
Thanks, RWaites! Now I understand the reasoning behind splitting the game and starting anew from EP5. I did notice a changed structure of the subfolders and script files and I guessed that it's a rewrite of the code without going back to the beginning of the game, contrary to what many devs have done with their games.
The choices already made in the previous build could have been handled better and imported into the new one, but the quality of the renders nor the story don't seem to have suffered.
All in all, it's a solid new chapter and I like it as much as I did the previous ones. Big thanks to the dev (or the devs now, as I understand) and the uploader! Good luck with what you're doing.

trumpthatbitch

Jun 23, 2017
I mean I figured out the code for the PC and Diary but where exactly are the clues IG? I mean did he just assume we'd hack his game and therefore didn't even bother to allow us to figure it out IG?

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
I'm glad somebody understands it, because I don't.

The coding used in the first part of the game was very simple and effective:
Increase/decrease love, lust and authority based on your decisions.
True/False flags set for your choices. Did you spy on mom, hide in the locker, invite Stan to the beach, etc.
Nothing at all in the code was difficult to decipher and it was very easy to follow.

Now, they have decided to scrap everything done so far and write "more robust code" to prevent errors?
Mule muffins! You know as well as I do that those are mutually exclusive.
There is absolute no reason at all that the code couldn't have been continued from the prior version.

I think it's more likely that he couldn't come up with scenarios that the earlier choices set up, like the trip to the beach.

To me, it doesn't bode well at all for the remainder of the game.
I just didn't want to pick on the dev team. I'm guessing that the new programmer is just writing the code the way he's used to, not that it's the best way for a VN type of a game like this one. I just hope that he knows what he's doing and is good enough to write a bug free code.

You're right that the code is now harder to follow, you have to use a grep-like search tool to find the right files and places. This kind of split script seems more suitable for a sandbox than a VN and is obviously more prone to bugs and it'll be harder to trace them. We'll see how good he is at his job, there's no point to pick on him as of yet.

Reactions: RWaites

gamersglory

Xpression Games
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 23, 2017
Always write you VN code before making the game and add in all the stuff you think you will need in the game even if you won't use it tell far down the road.

sergop

Jul 24, 2017
Sorry for the dumb question but do i have to download ep 1-4 in order to play ep 5 or ep 5 includes the other ep's?
Also is there a compressed version or will there be released one?

2.80 star(s) 59 Votes