VN Ren'Py Completed Two Weeks [Ep. 6 Fixed] [Madek]

2.80 star(s) 59 Votes

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Sorry, but if it's choice based then don't start new episodes where your old choices don't matter.

I realize there are reasons to start with a new exe, but there are ways to carry over data from a previous one OR you can add a short questionnaire at the start where players could input choices.

I liked this game so far, but this severely dampens any enthusiasm.

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Oddly enough, unlike many people who have been saying that Episode 5 feels like a standalone episode, mine started exactly where I left off in episode 4 with previous decisions in effect.

Reactions: zecon

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Oddly enough, unlike many people who have been saying that Episode 5 feels like a standalone episode, mine started exactly where I left off in episode 4 with previous decisions in effect.
Its starts right after Ep 4 (if you dont missed it like me ^^), but there are no decisions to carry over. All the choices of Ep 1-4 dont have any effect. It has a new save folder (Le_jeu_test-1525288164) with a new name ...
The major problem is not that the choices dont matter, but that you know now because of the split.

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Its starts right after Ep 4 (if you dont missed it like me ^^), but there are no decisions to carry over. All the choices of Ep 1-4 dont have any effect. It has a new save folder (Le_jeu_test-1525288164) with a new name ...
The major problem is not that the choices dont matter, but that you know now because of the split.
Hmm, well I still liked the update, and the way I was playing chapters 1-4, chapter 5 feels like it continues exactly where I left off, so that's okay, haha.

Reactions: zecon

Hartigan

Nov 6, 2017
So the game was nice and had potential, but now it has messed up the dev. I'm out, I'm not wasting my time on something like that.

Best of all, the game is aborted and the developer launches something completely new

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
Hmm, well I still liked the update, and the way I was playing chapters 1-4, chapter 5 feels like it continues exactly where I left off, so that's okay, haha.
Maybe because there are no choices that change the game? ^^

I mean I like the story and the renders, but I hate fake choices that become obvious like this with a splitting of the game. Telltale games are all about fake choice, but they hide it good enough :)

Reactions: Kond

Eerie Entity

Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Maybe because there are no choices that change the game? ^^

I mean I like the story and the renders, but I hate fake choices that become obvious like this with a splitting of the game. Telltale games are all about fake choice, but they hide it good enough :)
Perhaps, we'll see if the dev actually decides to make the choices matter, if not, then it might as well be linear non-choice based VN, haha. But regardless, I really like this VN and story for what it, all three of these babes are very yummy, haha :p

Seagal

Oct 10, 2017
Really like the characters in this one. The mom looks great, and the sister just might be my favorite of all games. Don't care about the other woman. However, the slow pace and the long downtime between updates just doesn't work in my opinion. Hopefully things start to pick up and fast.

pgXIII

Dec 26, 2017
Where did you even find the diary and laptop I looked at the walkthrough and it says it's the first scene but I just woke up in a bed with the mom standing over me?

2.80 star(s) 59 Votes