desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I don't think an engine should determine what a game should be, to be honest, so I'm strongly against tags like Ren'py or RPGM and stuffs like that, for me this website should have more tags to actually reflect what a game is about, but the engine tag shouldn't be a thing or not as important as it is right now. It's so idiotic for me to have this kind of design, I do not understand this approach. Anyway, F95 is not the strongest website regarding H-content and it's pretty much the only one that has this idiotic approach with the engine tag being the most important thing, so to be honest, I'm not really bothered by it, and if I were to actually change the engine, I would not have fun.
So losing a lot of money every month and not having fun is like a big no-no for me, at least here I'm doing some stuff that I like to do even though I'm losing money.
Anyway, we found a way to pursue, a generous investor in the person of the writer, so TQ is not abandoned by any mean and part2 will be released this month. Chapter 3 is already on the work as well.
Understandable, but I honestly think the one concrete thing you can do to improve mass appeal is to port to renpy. You know the reason for this already. RPGM gets lots of unnecessary hate, but quite frankly, renpy just has the best default UI and functionality for a VN and that reputation is quite strong. Lots of people won't even touch RPGM.

whereislotion

Jul 24, 2018
'RPGM' So this game have a top down roaming around with wasd or arrow keys; just interactions and scenes are in visual novel style right?

RedPillBlues

I Want to Rock your Body (To the Break of Dawn)
Donor
Jun 5, 2017
I don't think an engine should determine what a game should be, to be honest, so I'm strongly against tags like Ren'py or RPGM and stuffs like that, for me this website should have more tags to actually reflect what a game is about, but the engine tag shouldn't be a thing or not as important as it is right now. It's so idiotic for me to have this kind of design, I do not understand this approach. Anyway, F95 is not the strongest website regarding H-content and it's pretty much the only one that has this idiotic approach with the engine tag being the most important thing, so to be honest, I'm not really bothered by it, and if I were to actually change the engine, I would not have fun.
So losing a lot of money every month and not having fun is like a big no-no for me, at least here I'm doing some stuff that I like to do even though I'm losing money.
Anyway, we found a way to pursue, a generous investor in the person of the writer, so TQ is not abandoned by any mean and part2 will be released this month. Chapter 3 is already on the work as well.
Its not even about engine per se, plenty of games do fine with RPGM, its a staple of adult games in many regards, not only in the eastern market but the western as well. Heck most of my favorite games on this site are RPGM (LoQO, Roundscape, NN, ect) despite me not being too fond of the engine. Sure there are people that don't like it, but plenty of people dislike Ren'py or 3DCG, that's not the issue. The issue is how you are using the engine. This weird, almost tyranobuilder feel you have going on just doesn't work too well in my opinion, it just lacks the quality of Renpy, and doesn't offer much else. The people that are looking for RPGM games are disappointed, and people looking for VN's, well largely they just aren't here. I'm all for experimenting, but this one just misses the mark for me.

I know you said chapter 3 is on the way, but if you do happen to start fresh I suggest trying a different approach, if not just making a actual RPGM game. If you want a game that's quite similar to yours, as it also takes a VN like approach and is also quite new, but succeeds in a lot more places I suggest tasking a look at please don't get mad at me mods, this isn't advertising.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I would like to know your opinion on this if you have any, and feedbacks too if you have some.
Give me a break, you like the story and the setting, play the game. You don't like it, don't play it and don't come here bothering me with unrelated tech stuff.
As far as I know, the only missing stuff compared to Ren'py is not having the ability to scrollback text, that's it, the rest is only fantasy and bias and whatnot. I would put Ren'Py tag instead of RPGMV near the game, that would fix 99% of users issues, it's just mindboggling how mental it is becoming.
The concept of the game was never to make a game based around mechanic like combats and stuffs like that but a pure VN, if you don't like it, leave the game alone, it's not your shit.
:unsure:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
desmosome I appreciate your feedback, but we are past this point, we are back on track regarding TQ if you saw what comes next after that quote you made.
And regardless I was not answering to your feedback specifically. What you said is quite true though and I acknowledged it already, Ren'py would allow more people to try the game in this space, it's definitely true. But overall F95 is not everything and pretty much the only place with an RPGMV tag around, I don't have that problem elsewhere, to be honest.
I changed my mind and I'm not looking to port it to Ren'Py, I have already quite a lot of work just delivering the monthly update, it is already too much for me to handle an extra load of work on top of it.
Also, I pretty much noticed that the ones talking about the tech stuff are just power user that pretty much roams this forum, giving their opinion around but don't necessarily actually play or actually like the game in question when they do this, which is fine, but making a Ren'Py port for people that are not interested in the game to begin with and probably didn't play it that much is not worth it.
I have literally 0 complaints tech-wise from the people that look forward to playing new content and actively follow the game, which is my main focus.
Ok thats more civil. I didn't see anyone posting stuff to offend you. It seemed like constructive criticism and suggestions.

Your post asking for feedback and stuff was mainly dealing with failing to reach the growth that was expected or necessary. You already considered it and deemed it not worth it, so thats fine. Its your choice. Keep in mind that people that are already pledging and following the game will obviously have no problems with RPGM. You asked for growth and I think most people would say the definitive way to reach out to a bigger market is to port to renpy. What else can they suggest? Release more updates! Write better scenes! Draw sexier stuff! Those are quite subjective and complicated to tackle in a meaningful way anyways. As much as you might be annoyed by it, renpy is just a more universally accepted engine for VN readers. I don't see a reason why F95zone would be the only place with this kind of thinking but who knows?

I think you understand most of this too. In my observation, things that lead to the broadest appeal are 1)Renpy 2)Daz 3) Incest. If you have those 3 things, even a trash game will get people to try it out lol. You already have an uphill battle when its 2DCG even if the art is amazing like in this game. So out of those things, the only thing you can really change without compromising the integrity and ideas for the game is changing the engine. I'm not a dev so I am probably underestimating how hard it is to change engines and how the existing supporters might respond to that.

Anyways, this is just my opinion too so its not like you have to take my suggestion as fact. Good luck! Cheers.

Reactions: Kthulian

rageaholic

Jan 1, 2019
Now, I have already a Ren'Py game in the making, due to the 'backers', which will be totally different. So, in the end, there will be a VN Ren'Py game and a VN RPGM game.
Ren'py is currently not a good fit for the workload of Tyrant Quest which uses my own application that allows to port text via SQL files over RPGM (which I'm quite proud of :)). Here some pictures of the application in attached files.
Now this is interestin' to me. Good work there! Look at it this way though, at least you aren't trying to use twine for this. Ahahaha. Overall, what I've tried of this was interesting, if a bit short for my liking.

jt5151

Oct 7, 2017
I do love this game. I like that it has differing paths atm with a few distinct girls to choose to be your concubine. I enjoyed capturing the princess and her body guard. I'm hoping for more time with them in future versions . I am keeping a close eye on this game. I may even support it on Patreon after the next version and i get a sense of the games direction

Reactions: boober69

introvtx

May 6, 2017
Gonna be honest here, Ren'Py VN/Games will always be my no.1 preference. Why? well one of the best example is it has neat rollback function for easy and fast re-playthrough when you want to explore different routes or simply to re-read a sentence when you accidentally click your mouse/keyboard button twice or something. You can't do that in most RPGM games, you have to load a save, move your character again and then even with a skip text it can take you 5+ minutes when it can be done in 30 seconds, 1 second even, in Ren'Py.

Then again, the two of them are so different you can't compare them thoroughly so I can't complain much. In fact RPGM is my no. 2 in preference after renpy rather than the (usually) buggy, laggy, resource hog unity or tyrano :sick:

There are exceptionally well made rpgm games of course, and this game or I should say VN is one of them. A VN made in rpgm engine, never seen one like this before, I didn't think it was possible (well... I'm no programmer or coder or something like that so I would never know)

And again it is beautifully made, I have (almost) every convenience feature I want, I can hide textbox, skip text, save/load anytime (standard for rpgm game tho this one), and most importantly a text log! YES! especially for one with lots of text like this one. Though I still hope for a rollback function... I've played one game where it have this but I can't remember the name.

Now, about the actual vn itself... I LOVE IT!
There are so much games/vn that focus on the adult part, so one like this is always a breath of fresh air. I prefer a well written story than a nonsensical fuck anywhere, anytime type of games.

So I say keep up the good work to the dev(s) Mifey and just like jt5151 , I'll be keeping a close eyes on this one cause I might be a future patron myself (y)

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
Ahh, good tools make the world go places. Beautiful to see.
Also, time to see that chapter 2. The first one was a blast.

Edit: Played through it. That was excellent.
Fyi, Lili saying "Bye cutie... " to the priestess comes twice. The sentence, I mean. Also had several cases of this with the heavy rain, but it was erratic.

Last edited:

Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
rageaholic Yeah, it was long to do and challenging, but definitely worth it in the end. I really needed something like that in order to have efficient cooperation possible with a writer, even for future games, it might come in handy if I rewrite/tweak some stuff. Anyway, thanks!
jt5151 Thanks, glad you liked it!
introvtx Thanks, that was super satisfying to read. :)
you need to fix the game, it kicks us out a lot to desktop

introvtx

May 6, 2017
Chapter 3 Part 1

- 2 scenes (one with 2 alternate versions).

Mifey which one is that? is it the one with Seren/Rin in the dungeon?

4.10 star(s) 32 Votes