Nov 23, 2018
Upcoming changes:

2.01p->2.02p bugfix:
CHANGED: removed the free-roam at the docks in episode 1
CHANGED: removed all perks from the game
CHANGED: removed 'time' from all free-roams
CHANGED: simplified some free-roams with easy exits/skips
ADDED: informative text to the beach-roam
IMPROVEMENT: made phone pop up if there's something there that needs your attention
BUG: removed a phone variable that was displayed in the dialogue.
BUG: fixed one episode 1 recap screen error (Synne).
BUG: fixed several episode 2 recap screen errors (Celeste, Synne, Evangeline, Teagan).
FIX: grammatical errors/typos
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
walkthrough?
Yes, pl
And how to get the seconde step romance option on the beach after fixing her straps?
I came to the conclusion there's only one romance option, which leads to the beach massage and fixing Synne's straps. Once that action is completed, the option still shows in the next dialogue choice but is greyed out (because it's completed).

I haven't checked the scripts to confirm this.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
So you don't usually kink-shame, apart from when you kink-shame, like in the post where you say you don't kink-shame?
Right, makes sense...
He only kink shames the people with the same kinks as him because he is ashamed of his own kinks.

Or something like that. ;):LOL::devilish:

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
camube I'll start this by saying that with the news Drifty will be removing the time limit and perks, this discussion is largely moot because it'd solve a lot of your issues with the game. I'm continuing the discussion more in general sense and using your quote just as an example. Nothing personal at all, just curious about your thought process because I still believe that you're putting the pressure to play multiple times yourself.

I'm not a completionist. I only finished Leap of Faith once on 1 route.
The problem with u4ia is not due to player's completionist behavior, it's because it's designed for you to play it more than once, on renpy, with heavy gameplay elements.
I'm not sure what exactly in this game that is mandatory to be played more than once.

Japanese visual novels have common route, during which you can eventually pick just 1 route we like the most, just like you said.
You were fine finishing LoF once on 1 route despite missing a lot of content. So what's exactly the difference between LoF and u4ia missed content that you're fine with one but not the other?

u4ia doesn't work like that. There's a split between Synne and Lin. And there's also a split between Gina Paige intro and Teagan intro.
The game is designed for us to miss cleaning the bedroom on chapter 1 because it's located on the other side of the house where you have to get out, it's unintuitive.
But isn't this exactly what completionist will be complaining about? Choosing LI between Synne and Lin seems fairly normal in a non-harem game (it's not like every game allows you to date everyone anyway, and it makes sense in this game because it's clear there's something deeper as to why Lin dislikes Synne), the Gina/Paige vs Teagan intro is inconsequential because you got introduced to the other at the club anyway, and missing cleaning bedroom doesn't seem like that big of a deal at all unless you're pursuing Geneva.

The AVN designer makes the game missable for you in blind playthrough, so you need to replay them.
And this is why I really believe you're putting pressure on yourself. The way I see the game is more of like "choose your own adventure" kind of game where I choose what I want and then see the outcome of my choices. On the other hand, you seem to put a lot of emphasis on what you missed. Instead of enjoying the outcome of what you chose, you're more focused on what you missed by not choosing the other choices.

Reactions: John972

Ray_D

Engaged Member
Nov 13, 2022
Being a Dik doesn't have a limited amount of arrows you can click before you run out of time, or a skill that gives more time. How do you even explain that skill in terms of narrative and lore? :WaitWhat:
Being a DIK also doesn't need a walkthrough for the unnecessarily obscure ways to unlock LI scenes during the freeroam portions.

This is far worse, you just had a longer time to get tired of Being a DIK's freeroams, give this one 4-6 more episodes of Drifty ignoring how unfun and immersion breaking his freeroams are for the story and we can talk again.
No idea man, for that time problem I use the ren'py universal mod and modify the time limiter as many times as I need to skip that limit. :KEK:
cd6a564e-5092-47c1-aa18-7088c118d67d_text.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: tslojr

John972

Apr 24, 2018
Freeroams aside, thank goodness Drifty is looking at changing the underlying game mechanics.

I recall someone posting that Drifty said he wanted to make a game, rather than an AVN, and there's unmistakable BeADIK lineage to the mechanics and design of u4ia. This choice is apparently now bitting Drifty in the bum.

Among the many flaws:

1. Too many obscure choices affecting later gameplay. There's too much clicking and navigating to go through even on a skipped replay to go back and change earlier choices.
2. Lin's path looking like it's locked out if you choose to work for Synne (it's way too early to be locking out paths). I reserve judgement on other potentially locked-out paths because some of these characters are on slow-burn anyway.
3. Some needless freeroams - i.e. the wharf and cleaning the trailer. The two trailer freeroams could be simplied to one freeroam (after a linear cleaning event) to quickly explore the trailer and interact with the phone.
4. The perks system. Either it should just be the two main character traits (Brawls/Brains) or it should be eliminated entirely. The two main branching character traits could be implemented via dialogue choices throughout the game.
5. Gallery unlocks that are either choice-dependent (i.e. gallery images 1 and 5) or have ridiculous prerequisites (i.e. gallery images 2 and 4).
6. That gooddamn timer during freeroams!
7. For goodness sake! Do not use the term "Missed Opportunities" in the end-of-chapter summary screen - that implies player fault rather than developer fault.

I don't think freeroams need to be eliminated entirely. They just require better and more user-friendly implementation. Freeroam is a player preference, just like kinks. If the majority of Patreons (and I am one) want freeroam eliminated entirely, so be it, but I think it will take something away from the game and kill some phone interactions almost entirely.

PS - to all those complaining the MC is too ugly to get chicks... there's four stereotypical traits to become a chick magnet: 1. Exceptional good looks, 2. Money, 3. Fame, 4. a BIG cock.

The MC has a BIG cock. ;):)

Last edited:

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I haven't played the latest update yet.
Should I wait until the next update is out if Drifty is changing episode one again?

I can't wait to see my sweetheart Teagan again.

John972

Apr 24, 2018
So I don't know if I'm missing something but when I look for Celeste at the beach free roam I can't get the scene. I can't click on the towel at the shower
In the first part of the freeroam, I presume you must talk to Teagan/Sea to trigger needing the jet ski keys. In the second part of the freeroam, do not enter the shower to get the keys without the towel being there. Select Electra sunbathing alone on the beach first, that should trigger the towel event. Don't click on the Towel itself, click on the entrance just to the right of the towel

John972

Apr 24, 2018
I haven't played the latest update yet.
Should I wait until the next update is out if Drifty is changing episode one again?

I can't wait to see my sweetheart Teagan again.
If Drifty gets all the suggested changes done, then it's best to wait for the next update/revision/bugfix of Chapter 2 ('2.02p bugfix'). A restart will be required anyway because Drifty changed Renpy versions as well as the game mechanics in the Ch 2 release. 2.02p bugfix will likely change the game mechanics again. I don't know how long it will take Drifty to release this revision.

Reactions: Joshy92

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
Hopefully Scrappy saw that a patch is in the works and stopped working on his WT mod for now. Sucks to lose hours of work, but at the same time probably a blessing since I can only imagine it was an annoying one to work on with all the freeroam/perks jankiness.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
If Drifty gets all the suggested changes done, then it's best to wait for the next update/revision/bugfix of Chapter 2 ('2.02p bugfix'). A restart will be required anyway because Drifty changed Renpy versions as well as the game mechanics in the Ch 2 release. 2.02p bugfix will likely change the game mechanics again. I don't know how long it will take Drifty to release this revision.
You're right at this point I think its best if I wait until the next update to play.
I don't want to restart the game three times.

4.10 star(s) 27 Votes