VN Ren'Py UC8 [v0.2.0.4] [Dark Griffin Games]

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes

STATE_

Nov 14, 2021
Some things people can do to you merit employing the services of a human disposal professional. Refusing to inform someone that they have a child who is alone in the world and suffering in abject poverty is probably on that list somewhere. She is pretty vile even by ex-wife standards.
Yea I just selected it because she didn’t tell MC about his daughter

Last edited:

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I'm so happy to see the update, but don't fall into the same trap I did! It seems like every few months I get somewhat better at Daz and decide to scrap all my previous renders because they look like they were done by a kindergartener compared to whatever I am producing this week. Since I only plan to release the game when it is done what we started in 2022 probably won't be seen at all until sometime next year. Apply lessons as you learn them but don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good.
I get that and I know that this is my first game. My next will be even better due to everything I learn with this one, and even if I get to the point of being able to hire staff and have someone else doing the coding and art and I just write, oversee and assist where needed, I will have an understanding of everything from having done the work in this one. I know sometimes my art isn't the best, but I surely hope that the story will make up for the weaker parts of the game.

I will continue to improve!

Last edited:

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Im sorry but did I miss something? why does the MC randomly just turn into a massive piece of shit when we get to the part with poppy?

like all of a sudden he just sounds like a massive dickhead when talking to a homeless orphan
Give it a little bit of time for that to develop.....don't forget that MC knows she will be his employee very shortly, but she does not know he will be her boss.....maybe.....just maybe he's being an ass right now to protect her and kinda be sure she is in a better spot tomorrow than she is today (basically homeless)
He has a plan and in the long run it will make sense. Also just keep playing and see where he leaves her. She probably has more questions than you do about his behavior... ;) :giggle:

Reactions: Skylaroo

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Grif1001 Just a heads up but there are 4 shots that net more than a bullseye. When there's only 1 shot that can win the game for you it's not a bullseye(50 points) but triple 20. Triple 17, 18 and 19 all score higher than a bullseye too.
I think Tink just likes to make up her own rules to things. ;) :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
I think Tink just likes to make up her own rules to things. ;) :ROFLMAO:
Well I see that mistake a lot in games like this. Mostly people just don't know the rules to darts and assume the bulleyes is the key shot, which is just not the case. People who know how to play never aim for the bullseye. Never understood it though. The triples have significantly larger surface area than the bullseye. It is a harder shot but somehow worth less than the high triples. I'd make the bullseye 100 and the outer ring 50, if the rules were up to me.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Well I see that mistake a lot in games like this. Mostly people just don't know the rules to darts and assume the bulleyes is the key shot, which is just not the case. People who know how to play never aim for the bullseye. Never understood it though. The triples have significantly larger surface area than the bullseye. It is a harder shot but somehow worth less than the high triples. I'd make the bullseye 100 and the outer ring 50, if the rules were up to me.
Barbecue sauce...

• Red Heart
Reactions: HiP1

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
I didn't look into the specifics much actually... I started from the the beginning anyway, just loaded my old save out of curiosity to see if it works so of curse some stuff could be borked, but the update didn't completely broke the saves thankfully.
Yes, the old saves look fine. When we load them, Ren'py just adds the missing variable, funwstac.
Its default value is False, though: if you did what Elhemeer said, you can just open the console (either manually or with Unren) and set it to True.

On a side note, the game could not find my old saves, because they were in the folder UC8-1677023779. The new one is called UC8-DGG-1.

Reactions: Grif1001

jggold

Jun 22, 2019
Great game and great update. I planned to just replay the first part but couldn't stop. Thanks for the work you've put into this. I have a small list of games that I really look forward to updates and this has joined the queue.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Barbecue sauce...

That was an amusing clip. Never saw that movie. Might have to check it out.

I may know the rules to darts but never played that much. I certainly can't throw like that guy.

I'm shockingly good at pool though, given how little I play. Course playing with my dad and his pool team meant I had to get my skills up(in 20 years they've never finished less than third in the province, and have 11 first place finishes, so they are damn good), but it's weird I haven't gotten rusty given I play but rarely anymore.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022

I may know the rules to darts but never played that much. I certainly can't throw like that guy.

I'm shockingly good at pool though, given how little I play. Course playing with my dad and his pool team meant I had to get my skills up(in 20 years they've never finished less than third in the province, and have 11 first place finishes, so they are damn good), but it's weird I haven't gotten rusty given I play but rarely anymore.
It's a TV show on Apple TV+

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
I just tried this game out and I have to say that it's pretty good. My small criticism is that for a game that is called UC8, it's a little disappointing that we haven't even started the cinema part at all considering how meaty the already existing content so far is. While I understand that introducing and building relationship with the kids is needed, I think the pacing could've been improved had the timeline is switched a bit by starting the UC8 earlier. But that's just my personal preference. Good luck and all the best, dev.

Reactions: znar25

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023

Muscle memory is an amazing thing. There's a reason for the phrase "just like riding a bike".

May 7, 2024
" THERE WILL BE NO LOLI CONTENT. DON'T ASK OR COMPLAIN." I guess that means no incest either? Oh well, good luck. I guess modders with have to de-age the renders themselves with AI like Stable Diffusion and/or use Unren and write their own dialog if they are so inclined.

Last edited:

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Muscle memory is an amazing thing. There's a reason for the phrase "just like riding a bike".
Sure, but even still, in most things there's a noticeable depreciation. Once upon a time I could shoot 90-95% from the free throw line, nowadays, 60-65. My record in hackeysack is 97 in a row. Played with my daughter last year and it took 4 times of at least a half hour of us playing before I could get over 10 and it wasn't until the 7th day that I managed to get over 20. Seems weird that I can still manage to compete with my dad and his buddies despite playing only once every few years.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Sure, but even still, in most things there's a noticeable depreciation. Once upon a time I could shoot 90-95% from the free throw line, nowadays, 60-65. My record in hackeysack is 97 in a row. Played with my daughter last year and it took 4 times of at least a half hour of us playing before I could get over 10 and it wasn't until the 7th day that I managed to get over 20. Seems weird that I can still manage to compete with my dad and his buddies despite playing only once every few years.
Pool is less physical and more finesse. Which reminds me - need to head to the gameroom and knock a few around. Not as much fun without nephews and friends coming around as much. If it were in the actual house, rather than in the room above the detached garage, I'd be there more often. Some days I regret not buying the other place back in 2001 - about the same amount of space, but all under the same roof. Didn't like the overall layout as much, but that second floor open area would have made a great pool room/poker room/TV den, and I'd just have to head upstairs instead of outside and upstairs...

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
Pool is less physical and more finesse. Which reminds me - need to head to the gameroom and knock a few around. Not as much fun without nephews and friends coming around as much. If it were in the actual house, rather than in the room above the detached garage, I'd be there more often. Some days I regret not buying the other place back in 2001 - about the same amount of space, but all under the same roof. Didn't like the overall layout as much, but that second floor open area would have made a great pool room/poker room/TV den, and I'd just have to head upstairs instead of outside and upstairs...
Must be nice. I miss having regular access to a pool table.

Reactions: ThorinKing

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Must be nice. I miss having regular access to a pool table.
I'd always wanted one and a buddy was getting rid of a rather nice one (about $12K new - 1" 3-part slate) - all I had to do was get it moved to my place. Had it refelted and bumpers replaced. All in it was about $500 -$600 - this was probably 2003, give or take.

Reactions: Jimayo

Orlox

Nov 11, 2016
Liked the update, it's interesting to get to know the characters better and the dialogues actually sound like they were written by someone who's interacted with other people in real life, which isn't something I can say about every game on here :p. My only complaints would be that the lightning/colors of the renders could be better and that, so far, the sex scenes are very short, don't really show much, that there's no real build up in the scene that leads to the sex and that they don't seem to have much impact.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next update. (y)

4.70 star(s) 10 Votes