Monki0

Nov 6, 2023
Guys, what is a good trait / background combination for starting out and what should I focus on first?
I chose no trait + slut to fool around a bit but now I want to restart a serious playthrough.

Reactions: Mr. Unaware

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
Guys, what is a good trait / background combination for starting out and what should I focus on first?
I chose no trait + slut to fool around a bit but now I want to restart a serious playthrough.
Depends.

Personally, since people tend to complain when you drop below 50 Cleanliness, i'd say that backgrounds starting with a -25 max Cleanliness (Sportswoman and Drifter i believe) need Stainless (+25 max Cleanliness) to cancel it out. Other than that, Legendary Luck is nice since it gains you +1 Luck per day and i haven't seen any other means to reliably increase it.

If you play Drifter (which is arguably a harder background) you'd need to juggle Junkrat (always a prize in the Garbage Gacha), Pure (+25 Cleanliness cap) and Stainless (+50% Cleanliness every time you clean yourself) since you're stuck washing up at handbasics and those normally grant +10 per pop so not having Stainless means you'll be stuck washing yourself for an hour. It also means that taking a break at work will restore 45 Cleanliness instead of 30.

But yeah, it goes for most backgrounds that you'd need to take a look at what their benefits and penalties are, and pick traits accordingly. Fiancee gets lessened energy regen for higher Lewdness levels, so it makes sense to have Traits that reduce Lewdness gain (Prudish) or Moralistic (whenever you lose Lewdness, lose an extra point) to help manage this.

As for traps... Fine Fettle is kind of a mixed bag. You get +1 energy at the end of the day instead of losing it, which sounds impressive, but doing something that takes effort gets you +1 energy so it's mostly a QoL trait in that you'll be pretty much guaranteed to hit and stay at the 200 cap fairly soon if you have it. This is also why you can safely ignore anything that doesn't alter the cap itself.

Similarly, there's two magazines you randomly find changing maps that you can read 1/day (only need to find them once), one gives +1 Charm and the other +1 Lewdness so you don't really need a Trait (Min-Maxer) to do that for you.

Aristocrat has it the easiest, extra Cleanliness cap in return for -10 Run speed and there's a Gotta Go Fast trait that boosts Movement speed by 20. Something i haven't tried is a 'temp buff build' with Buff-Up (temp buffs last twice as long), Overdrive (doubles Buff duration (again?) of Well-Rested, Well-Fed, Well-Cleaned and Relieved and +4 Movement speed for every one of those buff active) and Primary Needs (Doubles bonuses of those four AGAIN)...

...Actually, let me try it:

1701627357739.png

....Yeah, forget about Gotta Go Fast, this build is a meme :ROFLMAO:

The combo:
- Well-Rested: Her Energy will decrease 40% slower for 1920 minutes
- Well-Fed: +10% Luck and +10 Movement speed for 960 minutes (even Poor food lasts 240 minutes)
- Well-Cleaned: Her Cleanliness will decrease 40% slower for 960 minutes
- Relieved: +16 Movement Speed for 960 minutes

And with Traits applied, that totals 282 Movement speed. I tried the same thing on a Sportswoman and got 345 Movement speed.

As for Negative Traits to counterbalance this... My personal setup is Aonanist (-2 Daily masturbation limit) because it's easy not to, Jinxed (+25 or -50 Luck for 1-12 hours) because it's interesting and Indebted (loansharks want 3000 (one-time) at the end of the month or they shoot you) to add a bit of a challenge, but you can also go for Unlucky (-25 Luck, no mention of changing the cap) or Prudish (-50% Lewdness gain) based on your preferred playstyle.

Last edited:

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
Monki0 New public version is scheduled for December 23rd, it will have new trait system. v31d saves will be compatible, but your traits will be removed. Feel free to wait if you want to use improved and less limited trait system with much bigger choice variety.

Penitensary Damn, I always love to see (and read) when players make some guides or brainstorm about my games. Thanks a lot! You have some good points and I agree with majority of it, but:
- in v32b I fixed a bug that could cause double (looped) bonuses & penalties (mostly from traits), so it will make some traits/perks/builds weaker, especially when you pick multiple ones affecting the same thing (like lewdness).
- Cleanliness got some improvements both in v31 & v32, so it's not that bad anymore I believe.
- Lewdness is (arguably) the most important stat, because it unlocks new content, but also changes dialogues, so it's double-edged. Some people enjoy slow corruption, some want their character to be below 50 LW, and some want to start with max LW as fast as possible.
- Aristocrat is considered a hard backstory, since you need more money and reaching negative Fame leads to the game over. Yes, it gives you a lot of stats & money to start with, but side effects can be serious, since some events require negative Fame to trigger. I would recommend Villager to any new player as it's the most vanilla, unmodded experience, while Slut gives you access to the sex content the fastest, but yet again it blocks LW from falling below 50 and forces more sex events on you (including bad ones).
- Buff build is indeed strong. I wondered if anyone would ever try it xD One trait increases duration of all buffs, second increases duration of only "Primary Needs" buffs, and the final one doubles effects, so x4 duration and x2 bonuses with 3 traits, but it forces you to play around getting buffs and many people are too lazy for that. Buffs and those traits will be reworked a bit once I add survival feature to the game, when character has to eat/sleep/piss.
- The most useless trait might be the one that reduces Breasts Skill, since it's non-existent in the game currently.

Cheers!

Reactions: Meowmadam

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
No probs. I knew they were getting a rework but they're still interesting to try, since even as a concept it helps to understand the game better. I couldn't really try it as a Drifter since there was other stuff i needed to get, though part of me wondered if i could have the income i wasn't spending on rent as sub fees and shower at the Gym instead. Forgot when it opens though.

Once v32 hits release for us free-to-play peasants i'll definitely be trying a lot more with the Trait system, the Changelog mentioned they're buyable now so i can start a new game frontloaded on more than three Traits.

Monki0

Nov 6, 2023
Monki0 New public version is scheduled for December 23rd, it will have new trait system. v31d saves will be compatible, but your traits will be removed. Feel free to wait if you want to use improved and less limited trait system with much bigger choice variety.

Penitensary Damn, I always love to see (and read) when players make some guides or brainstorm about my games. Thanks a lot! You have some good points and I agree with majority of it, but:
- in v32b I fixed a bug that could cause double (looped) bonuses & penalties (mostly from traits), so it will make some traits/perks/builds weaker, especially when you pick multiple ones affecting the same thing (like lewdness).
- Cleanliness got some improvements both in v31 & v32, so it's not that bad anymore I believe.
- Lewdness is (arguably) the most important stat, because it unlocks new content, but also changes dialogues, so it's double-edged. Some people enjoy slow corruption, some want their character to be below 50 LW, and some want to start with max LW as fast as possible.
- Aristocrat is considered a hard backstory, since you need more money and reaching negative Fame leads to the game over. Yes, it gives you a lot of stats & money to start with, but side effects can be serious, since some events require negative Fame to trigger. I would recommend Villager to any new player as it's the most vanilla, unmodded experience, while Slut gives you access to the sex content the fastest, but yet again it blocks LW from falling below 50 and forces more sex events on you (including bad ones).
- Buff build is indeed strong. I wondered if anyone would ever try it xD One trait increases duration of all buffs, second increases duration of only "Primary Needs" buffs, and the final one doubles effects, so x4 duration and x2 bonuses with 3 traits, but it forces you to play around getting buffs and many people are too lazy for that. Buffs and those traits will be reworked a bit once I add survival feature to the game, when character has to eat/sleep/piss.
- The most useless trait might be the one that reduces Breasts Skill, since it's non-existent in the game currently.

Cheers!
Nice of you to mention. Will the next update include pregnancy, too?

What does the trait do that says increase Boob bounciness? Do they jiggle more animation-wise or is there another benefit?

Last edited:

kasumi02

Dec 22, 2022
Can you work at kinky nymphs as a drifter? I always assumed unless you had an apartment you wouldn't be able to pass the trials (as in one of the workers makes a visit).

• Red Heart

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
Penitensary Traits' effects stay 99% the same, I didn't touch them, but I gave them different costs. Before it was 1 negative for 1 positive, now you have around 15 trait points to spend, and traits cost between 2-6 points, so depending on the backstory, you can choose around 2-9 positive traits without taking a single negative one. Of course, stronger and game changing traits cost more.

Monki0 Pregnancy will come out in v33/v34, while the next (December) public release will be v32b. Boobs have few jiggle levels, depending on animation speed, position, clothes that you are wearing etc., so that trait adds +2 levels, but it won't get past maximum limit.

kasumi02 That's actually a really great question. I remember preparing some dialogues/events (including Christmas & Halloween lottery) for homeless version, but I guess I never added them to the game. Thanks, will be fixed in v32b.

samsilly12345

Oct 21, 2022
Myriad Thanks a lot for the feedback, it was really helpful and I managed to fix it. Cheers!

Kuranaka Hey, big thanks to you too, mate. Fixed that shit just now. Cheers!

godlovesyou There's maybe like 1 or 2 scenes in the whole game that require you to have low stat, while everything else wants you to have them as much as possible, aside for dialogues, as these change based on your current lewdness. Game wasn't created around working in the diner, more like walking around an open world and doing what you want - whoring in RLD, hobos in Slums & Park, Glory Hole etc. Yes, the world is still small, but it's growing, I'm adding Hospital in December and new workplace (nurse) next year etc. Regarding grind, game is oriented around traits & perks (these got improved big time in v32, making game much easier), so if you skipped or failed them, then it's gonna hurt grind-wise for sure. Then in v33/v34 traits will be buyable, making the game further easier. Regarding the game you mentioned, I don't really like renpy games, so can't test it. As you said, walking is a part of immersion, but there's a fast travel option unlockable via multiple ways. You can skip time by opening your phone and playing games for 1 hour (it has also a small chance to boost your stats, like many random events), but I'm aware it might be hidden too well from players. And lastly, I'm restoring Shady Dealer in v32a, thanks a lot for reminding me about it, much appreciated, as I kept postponing it forever... I know I can't please everyone and I'm not gonna, but thanks to the player's feedback I could improve my game so much, and ironically haters helped a lot, too. You could try my game again in v33 or later, I believe some of the things you pointed out will be improved and more accessible. Anyway, thanks a lot for the feedback! Cheers!

First time replying or posting on this site, forgive me.

Android version doesn't work at all. I've tried downloading it multiple times but as soon as I try to get past the menu it just goes black. I waited for up to 15 minutes, fully deleted the files, downloaded them again, same result. I tried past versions, same result, I tried different sources, same result.

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
Penitensary Yeah, it is :p I release all updates in the night right before going sleep, when I'm already slacking and not working.

Unaware in The City v32b is out on & !

Last edited:
  • Yay, new update!
Reactions: kasumi02 and bro111

Shaoram

Oct 11, 2020
Does positive Min-maxer make the Charm loss from the negative trait Frankenstein's Bride into a gain instead?

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
Shaoram As far as I remember - yes. But in v32b I changed both traits, so they don't have synergy with each other anymore.

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
Updated the game to v32c, and it's already out on itch.io, too.

Also, there's a on itch.io, and you can get EX version 10% off until January 5th.

uitc christmas v32c.jpg

Mr. Unaware

Mr. Unaware Studios
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 10, 2018
kasumi02 itch.io is one main version behind the Patreon (and you don't need to buy it each time an update comes out, it's one-time purchase), but unlike public release, you get access to EX (cheats, experimental stuff etc) and you get it a bit faster. Once game is finished/abandoned/whatever, everyone who ever pledged on Patreon or bought the game on itch.io will get the latest EX version. itch.io version is basically faster public release and with cheats, so if you don't care about those, there's really no point right now to buy it. So, let's say, before v34 comes out on Patreon, you already get v33x EX on itch.io, and then once v34 is out on Patreon, also v33x BA becomes public. And lastly, if I ever decide to make it harder on non-paying players, you are rather safe with the bought game. Although that's all that comes to my mind with the itch.io benefits.

Reactions: kasumi02

Raswedj

Feb 27, 2020
Penitensary Traits' effects stay 99% the same, I didn't touch them, but I gave them different costs. Before it was 1 negative for 1 positive, now you have around 15 trait points to spend, and traits cost between 2-6 points, so depending on the backstory, you can choose around 2-9 positive traits without taking a single negative one. Of course, stronger and game changing traits cost more.

Monki0 Pregnancy will come out in v33/v34, while the next (December) public release will be v32b. Boobs have few jiggle levels, depending on animation speed, position, clothes that you are wearing etc., so that trait adds +2 levels, but it won't get past maximum limit.

kasumi02 That's actually a really great question. I remember preparing some dialogues/events (including Christmas & Halloween lottery) for homeless version, but I guess I never added them to the game. Thanks, will be fixed in v32b.
Hello i have a question for the homeless girl, i mean if a homeless girl have enough money can they not rent a home then? i mean homeless with about 5000 money is a little bad, so i had thinked you make some for this. Then she can cook for the homeless brothers and sisters and so.

3.50 star(s) 28 Votes